IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

6 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Trialing HQPlayer embedded.Cant seem to get it to scan my library on my external hard drive.How do I find the correct path to add my library.The ones in the drop down menu don,t work ?

If you are on HQPlayer OS (?), then you can login as "root" and run "df" for relatively clear display of what is mounted.

Also with HQPlayer embedded what should the hard drive be formatted to for external drive with music.

For HQPlayer OS, FAT32, exFAT or ext4.

Also have McConnect app on IOS with Tidal does not discover HQPlayer embedded ?

Works here... Should find it as long as both are on the same network. But check if you get to HQPlayer front page with web browser, if you land on the configuration page, then it is pending some configuration.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

12 hours ago, Miska said:

If you are on HQPlayer OS (?), then you can login as "root" and run "df" for relatively clear display of what is mounted.

For HQPlayer OS, FAT32, exFAT or ext4.

Works here... Should find it as long as both are on the same network. But check if you get to HQPlayer front page with web browser, if you land on the configuration page, then it is pending some configuration.

Ok got to work.Now trying HQPDcontrol 4 can't get to work.App recognizes HQPlayer and all my albums show up but when I load album all I get is a s creen that says please wait and app becomes unresposive ?

On 10/19/2020 at 2:39 PM, Outlaw said:

Ok got to work.Now trying HQPDcontrol 4 can't get to work.App recognizes HQPlayer and all my albums show up but when I load album all I get is a s creen that says please wait and app becomes unresposive ?

Spoke to soon.Can't get it to work with either McConnect or HQPDcontrol.The Pc with HQPlayer fans are running at full speed nothing playing and get message Request Socket TCP Possible SYN flooding on port 8800.Sending cookies.Check SNMP controller on embedded s reen ?

On 10/19/2020 at 3:11 PM, Outlaw said:

Spoke to soon.Can't get it to work with either McConnect or HQPDcontrol.The Pc with HQPlayer fans are running at full speed nothing playing and get message Request Socket TCP Possible SYN flooding on port 8800.Sending cookies.Check SNMP controller on embedded s reen ?

Which OS are you running HQPlayer Embedded on? Filter settings? Depending on your settings, you may be up to a long wait when starting playback. Fans running at full speed are indication towards such.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Miska I am getting a new HQPe server and will be doing a clean Ubuntu 20.04 LTS install.

I will be installing your custom kernel.

I'm just updating my previous notes. Is there anything below no longer required ? Can I delete any of these commands?

And is the sequence good? No issues that you can see?

Ubuntu 20.04 LTS HQPe with Jussi’s Custom Kernel

sudo apt-get -y update

sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade

sudo wget https://www.sonarnerd.net/src/focal/linux-image-5.4.72-jl+_5.4.72-jl+-1_amd64.deb

sudo wget https://www.sonarnerd.net/src/focal/linux-headers-5.4.72-jl+_5.4.72-jl+-1_amd64.deb

sudo dpkg -i linux-headers-5.4.72-jl+_5.4.72-jl+-1_amd64.deb

sudo dpkg -i linux-image-5.4.72-jl+_5.4.72-jl+-1_amd64.deb

sudo apt-get install alsa-utils

sudo apt-get -y install libglib2.0-0 libflac8 libasound2 libasound2-data libgomp1

sudo apt-get -y install rygel

wget https://www.sonarnerd.net/src/focal/libgmpris_2.2.1-8_amd64.deb

sudo dpkg -i libgmpris_2.2.1-8_amd64.deb

wget https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/hqplayerd/focal/hqplayerd_4.20.0-54_amd64.deb

sudo dpkg -i hqplayerd_4.20.0-54_amd64.deb

sudo hqplayerd -s hqplayer password

sudo systemctl stop hqplayerd.service

sudo systemctl enable hqplayerd; systemctl restart hqplayerd

1 minute ago, asdf1000 said:

So in this case I did my homework and he was kind enough to check 😄

You did indeed :)

yeah I don't like either to bug people, even when sometimes I'm entitled to support (and I'm not talking about HQPlayer but some other things), even with this entitlement I don't ask the developers unless I have no other solution.

As a matter of fact let me review my installation notes, update these with your comments and Miska's. I remember I installed alsa-utils like he recommended, and I installed one or two more things possibly, not completely related but useful, glances I think was one of them, although htop is very good these days and sometimes all that you need

17 minutes ago, luisma said:

Changing the board it is considered but I haven't found a B550 or X570 board with Intel on board suitable for my build, I have a fanless HDPlex and the copper pipes have a path conflict with Asus and other boards with Intel onboard and the heatsink next to the CPU so ...

I was obsessed with fanless server for a few years.

But I took the dive into a 9900K build with big Noctua fan and quiet Seasonic PSU and quiet Fractal Design case.

Even though the server is far away from the listening room, it is so quiet I don't think for my (closed) headphones listening and speakers listening, it would bother me at all if it was inside the listening room. It's very quiet. Maybe it would bother me for open back headphones only.

I'm glad I followed Jussi's advice on the fan, case and PSU.

But the 2box powerful server + little NAA solution is neater. Also more powerful and cheaper.

I use a fanless Up Board Gateway in one room and RPi4 in another and microRendu in another.

Following Jussi's advice, Cat 6 UTP cable connects all the rooms.

47 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

But I took the dive into a 9900K build with big Noctua fan and quiet Seasonic PSU and quiet Fractal Design case.

Yeah I'm on the same path, I bought this fanless 1 year ago that's why I decided to finish it but I am planning to go eventually to the same build you have (which Miska have I think too)

I'm glad I followed Jussi's advice on the fan, case and PSU

Seasonic fanless right?

I use a fanless Up Board Gateway in one room and RPi4 in another and microRendu in another.

I get these intel computers with Celerons and Pentiums, fanless, almost no heat, you could power these with a 12V LPS if you want, very tiny NUC like for $80 - $100, no ram no ssd, you could add your own, and even wireless if you want. You can install ANY flavor of Linux in it, the BIOS is very detailed, you could disable USB ports, SATA, audio etc.  if you want to disable not needed systems. To me it doesn't get better for the money.

Following Jussi's advice, Cat 6 UTP cable connects all the rooms

Yeah I try to keep ethernet whenever I can, I worked with fiber before and it creates this nasty RF (750 Mhz to 1000 Mhz) spectrum of 40 dbm frequencies, I don't need more RF in my house thank you

59 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

Here is my updated notes now, with Jussi's comments:

It looks perfect, it matches what I have and of course updates the paths, the only thing I will update in my case,

1. #Download Ubuntu
http://releases.ubuntu.com/20.04/ubuntu-20.04.1-live-server-amd64.iso

2. Every download I add the -4 to wget to force IPv4, it takes some time for the download to happen otherwise "sudo wget -4"

3. Used to install these "sudo apt-get install libflac8 libasound2 libasound2-data libasound2-plugins" but not needed per Miska's comments before about dependencies getting resolved.

This looks perfect, thank you and Miska

I am using the latest HQPE hqplayerd_4.20.0-54_amd64.deb on Focal 20.04.1

When playing 24/192 content -> DSD256/512,  sinc-M hangs  / doesn't play but for example poly-sinc-xtr-mp is fine. Is this a known limitation?

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

3 hours ago, jabbr said:

I am using the latest HQPE hqplayerd_4.20.0-54_amd64.deb on Focal 20.04.1

When playing 24/192 content -> DSD256/512,  sinc-M hangs  / doesn't play but for example poly-sinc-xtr-mp is fine. Is this a known limitation?

Did you pay attention to 48k DSD vs adaptive output rate vs possible filter conversion ratios (stated in the manual)? :)

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Did you pay attention to 48k DSD vs adaptive output rate vs possible filter conversion ratios (stated in the manual)? :)

I have 48K DSD checked, as well as auto rate family and either auto or 122M (DSD256-48)

Custom room treatments for headphone users.