IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

7 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Okay Thanks.Going to use Linux 18.04 for network audio.Which download should i use.Were do I find it when downloaded to add to start up

If you use it for network audio, I'd recommend Ubuntu Server with minimal installation, so that it doesn't have any graphical user interface. 18.04 is called Bionic Beaver, so the package is under "bionic" folder.

However, if you are not familiar working with Linux command line, I'd recommend to download the bootable image instead (under "images"), and using something like Etcher for writing it out to a USB memory stick. You can then just boot from it, no further actions needed.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

13 hours ago, Miska said:

If you use it for network audio, I'd recommend Ubuntu Server with minimal installation, so that it doesn't have any graphical user interface. 18.04 is called Bionic Beaver, so the package is under "bionic" folder.

However, if you are not familiar working with Linux command line, I'd recommend to download the bootable image instead (under "images"), and using something like Etcher for writing it out to a USB memory stick. You can then just boot from it, no further actions needed.

Okay thanks.Did the bootable image.In naa login do in need to enter anything ?

On 3/3/2019 at 1:16 AM, Miska said:

I'm working on it. But I want to make sure things work before releasing something out... I'm just a bit short of hands here. :D

Hi @Miska

Can you share an update on HQP Embedded Ravenna Linux driver with Merging DAC/s?

Are there still issues at your end? You're waiting for Merging on thing/s ?

1 hour ago, asdf1000 said:

Can you share an update on HQP Embedded Ravenna Linux driver with Merging DAC/s?

Are there still issues at your end? You're waiting for Merging on thing/s ?

No progress recently, I've been busy on other things. I hope I can look into into it again sometime soon.

2 hours ago, Le Concombre Masqué said:

turns out I have an issue with latest embedded

start a new session

Matrix enabled checked : checked

but then i fear I fried my drivers for there was no convolution and a loud sound

have to go via Client pick a matrix profile and then it works

There are no changes related to matrix in latest version... Is your default profile set to something you want at startup?

29 minutes ago, Le Concombre Masqué said:

but I confess I don't know or understand what I should do. Even if I put something I want under the name Default, the true [default] the one between brackets remains unchanged and not desirable at all. How do I link the true [default] to one of my created profiles ?

When you click "Apply" the current one is also saved as default. Essentially what ever you have visible in the matrix configuration is saved as default when you submit the form. So if you want to change one of the profiles to be default, first load that profile and then Apply.

If you look at the configuration file, default profile is the one under <matrix> element.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

When you click "Apply" the current one is also saved as default. Essentially what ever you have visible in the matrix configuration is saved as default when you submit the form. So if you want to change one of the profiles to be default, first load that profile and then Apply.

If you look at the configuration file, default profile is the one under <matrix> element.

got it thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I’m having problems with the new 4.15 Embedded (bootable image). Same settings as with previous version (using backup and restore). Pops on starting play then a massive amount of stuttering independent of filter choice or type of source file. I’ve gone back to the previous version and it works perfectly. 

I stream from Roon and output via NAA. 

Hi @Miska

What hardware and cable can get this working:

HQPlayer 4 Embedded 4.15.0 released!
Improved support for USB Audio Class 2 inputs to make HQPlayer look like a USB DAC, starting on Debian Buster with a custom kernel (on applicable hardware)

I remember trying with Up Board Gateway and it didn’t work at all.

Apart from that , any other hardware that you’ve tested ?

6 hours ago, Miska said:

There is now updated 4.15.1 build of x64 HQPlayer OS image. Let me know if it still has problems...

The version 4.14 also had an update 4.14.1 only for OS image but not for the Debian package (or another Linux distribution). These .1 versions are meaningless for their respective packages? I mean, these .1 have only improvements for the OS images?

6 hours ago, asdf1000 said:

What hardware and cable can get this working:

HQPlayer 4 Embedded 4.15.0 released!
Improved support for USB Audio Class 2 inputs to make HQPlayer look like a USB DAC, starting on Debian Buster with a custom kernel (on applicable hardware)

I remember trying with Up Board Gateway and it didn’t work at all.

Apart from that , any other hardware that you’ve tested ?

This one is pretty much all new implementation. I have been testing on the UpBoard Gateway, but there are various embedded hardware that should work with it. Since you cannot run much more than PCM to PCM upsampling on the UpBoard (up to 768k works fine), I have also new version of networkaudiod coming that works with it, so you can run HQPlayer somewhere else.

You need:

1. Check that you have latest UpBoard BIOS flashed
  2. Enable USB OTG Device Mode in BIOSIMG_20200303_132506-s.thumb.jpg.15ea15a739788107c696937152b0f69e.jpg
  3. Have Debian 10 "Buster" installed
  4. Have my latest 5.4 kernel installed
  5. Have HQPlayer Embedded >= 4.15 or networkaudiod >= 4.1.0 installed
  6. Plug in A to micro-B cable between your host and the OTG port
  7. Start playback from "USB Audio Class 2" input - HQPlayer will appear as a USB DAC on the host computer

Automatic rate switching and such works now.

3 hours ago, acatala said:

The version 4.14 also had an update 4.14.1 only for OS image but not for the Debian package (or another Linux distribution). These .1 versions are meaningless for their respective packages? I mean, these .1 have only improvements for the OS images?

If only images or some package gets new .x release, then it means it is applicable only for that environment. I usually don't announce such small updates separately. They are usually build fixes or similar.

19 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

What other embedded hardware could/should this feature also work with?

There are couple of ARM boards and CPU modules (SoM), and also some Intel-based SoMs. Maybe also RasPi4, but I need to test that too some time in future.

Easiest are Intel based hardware that have one of the embedded Atom SoCs that have a USB device controller.