IGNORED

Is it a crime - it sure is - SADE in HiRes

Why hasn't Sade gotten Hi Res treatment :-(

I read on a very old forum where someone had heard from someone else that the original masters weren't in the best shape and that may be one reason for delays. I don't know their sources but that would be sad if true.

Hopefully they've been working on it. I'm only just one person but I'm ready to purchase, provided they don't crush the dynamic range of course. Listening to Diamond Life early pressing CD with a super DR of 15. The CD remaster has a DR of 9 :-(

If the HiRes versions turn out better than these amazing CD's, wow, that would be something

I have been a devoted fan since my teenage years when Diamond Life came out and I had it on cassette :-))

Anyway, all subsequent CD remasters of Sade's albums are worse than the previous ones. The recent (in Sade's terms} Ultimate Collection has the worse remastering of them all and is plain unlistenable. Some of the tracks in this Collection use different (inferior) sources than the official releases, which makes me believe that they either have lost the original master tapes or have some sort of legal issues that prevent them from using them. Whatever the reason, I am not holding my breath for any new remasters. We should consider ourselves lucky that the initial releases are actually quite good and simply enjoy the music.

In case some may not know.....Here is a site to search for your "wants"....

Find HD music | Search for High Definition Music Downloads | High Resolution Audio

Wow.....I'm one of those guys that didn't know about this.....thanks for the link!

CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Audeze LCD-3

Isn't this just up sampled RBCD?

Apparently - "24/96" version of "The Greatest Love of All":

MusicScope 2017-02-08 15-05-09.png

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

JH, are you saying that this is true 24 bit recording and not just up sampled CD?

I meant to say the opposite; I.e., it appears to me it is just upsamped CD. Note the very sharp drop-off at 22kHz.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Real HD would mean going back to the tapes or DSD archives...as close as possible to original recording like what we have here:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/feb/05/spine-tingling-lost-bob-marley-tapes-restored-after-40-years-in-a-cellar

If we are still talking about Whitney Houston in this Sade thread, there will never be worthwhile HD remasters as all her albums are actually recorded digitally.

I meant to say the opposite; I.e., it appears to me it is just upsamped CD. Note the very sharp drop-off at 22kHz.

I suppose, that software upsampled CD must have lower level (even for "not-the-best" resampler) of noise and must not have tone about 30 kHz.

Looks like, it is playback a source (CD?) and recapturing analog signal in new resolution.

Though -75 dB is too big level noise for modern ADC and DAC.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

If we are still talking about Whitney Houston in this Sade thread, there will never be worthwhile HD remasters as all her albums are actually recorded digitally.

I can use HQP and upsample on the fly for free...so why would I pay for these bogus versions?

Besides, it could have been recorded and archives as 24/96 or DSD64 even if originally digital. All we have commercially is 16/44.

Sorry to stay off topic but the 96/24 Whitney Houston downloads of "Whitney" and "Whitney Houston" sound good.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

• 3 years later...

"Revisiting the audio, the band and mastering engineer Miles Showell worked from high-resolution digital transfers of the stereo master mixes, from the original studio recordings, remastered at half-speed using Miles’ own unique restored Neumann VMS80 cutting lathe, to perform the 12 sides of vinyl lacquer cuts. The half-speed mastering process produces exceptionally clean and detailed audio whilst remaining faithful to the band’s intended sound. No additional digital limiting was used in the mastering process, so the six albums benefit from the advantage of extra clarity and pure fidelity."

Sigh,  I hope they let us buy these hi-res digital files, soon 😔

On 2/10/2017 at 6:33 PM, wisnon said:

Besides, it could have been recorded and archives as 24/96 or DSD64 even if originally digital. All we have commercially is 16/44.

Look at the spectrogam posted by @jhwalker above - even if they were orginally recorded at higher sample rates, they must have been down-sampled and then up-sampled for the "HD" release, which is exteremely unlikely ... and not because it's stupid (stupidis fine) but because it takes time, effort and money and that's a definite NO from the record companies :-))