IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

In another one he says a DAC does, "16x MQA unfolding." we've all heard of the first, second,  and (dubious) third unfolds, but what about the 16th unfold! It never ends. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marksparrow/2022/11/08/rde-updates-the-classic-nt-usb-condenser-mice-with-new-features/?sh=1eb1c5f94e93

To get the 16x folding process done it probably unfolds 2 times, than folds 4 times what it just unfolded only to unfold it once again etc.. 😎

But what I really like about this DAP (!) is its compatibility with DSD1024 and PCM1536 formats, I have missed decent resolution while listening to the music outdoors.. 😎

@The Computer Audiophile You're mocking this article, I'm really surprised that even this clearly doesn't make you excited 😎

"MQair can also handle multichannel audio, leaving the door open to spatial and 360˚ encoded audio."

😉😉😉

12 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm sending 12 channels of uncompressed WAV at 24/352.8 over my network without a glitch. I'll skip the Bluetooth lossy version :~)

Ok, it is impressive, yet I have to ask - do you have a blue MQA led and also - did anyone authenticate the masters your music collection derives from..?  😉😉😉

12 channels of not authenticated audio, what might possibly be worse than that.? 😉😉😉

EDIT:

Just read it. This is more or less what I wanted to say.

4 hours ago, GregWormald said:

No, no, no! Where have you been?

MQA is better than lossless quality, it's Master Quality Authenticated!

Jeez, get on board.

:P

40 minutes ago, botrytis said:

Not the anti-Christ but just someone who trying to make money off of the backs of others, with a shoddy product. If only audiophiles were as conscious as PC gamers. The reason I say this is a class action lawsuit has been filed against NVidia about the melting power plugs with the new 4090 video cards that were just released. It looks like poor engineering, period.

https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-hit-with-class-action-suit-over-melting-rtx-4090-gpu-adapters/

The gaming press has a much better record calling out BS in the industry. The audiophile press does not.

I have no issues with people liking or disliking this tech, but be honest about it and stop repeating the marketing BS.

1. I repeated here more than twice that MQA clan should be sued (I won't do it, I don't stream, never bought anything MQA related) twice. I bet that if 10% of energy used by people on threads like this one had been redirected towards such a con/destructive action there would already be no MQA. BTW if someone wanted to do that I'd recommend suing them in the Netherlands for many reasons.. 

2. Are you sure that Bob Stuart isn't the Antichrist, cause I am not.. Can we trust you.?

5 minutes ago, botrytis said:

NAH - he thinks he is smarter than everyone, but we had some pretty smart sleuths here, that proved what he said was BS.

Anti-Christ is BOSE 🤣(sarcasm off)

Bob Stewart - BS, Bose - BoS🤨

I don't believe in accidents in case of evil forces.. Maybe both of them.?

1 minute ago, botrytis said:

The problem is so many audiophiles believe the BS posted in the magazines. The testing is great but the rest? When they start with the flowery prose, describing something, my eyes glaze over.

As I said before, the magazines are selling us consumers to the audiophile manufacturers, not the other way around.

You don't have to convince me that this is how things work, I used to be a dealer..

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2017 at 5:59 PM, Rt66indierock said:

MQA is Vaporware, classic vaporware.

My new term for describing MQA, which wants to suck life out of music and money out of our pockets.:

MQA is vampirware!  ©

CapitalBelovedChrysalis-max-1mb.gif

On 11/23/2022 at 3:28 AM, JoeWhip said:

Too often when people are shown the truth that contradicts their beliefs, they double down rather then admit that they were wrong. Look at the end of the world cults. We are are still here but they still believe.

I'm afraid this time they unfortunately may be right..

(this is The Independent so it's serious)

A mysterious and incredibly intense blast of visible light that came towards Earth came from a black hole that is pointing straight at us, astronomers have said.

317321679_10160622797696636_6590193778133725297_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=77u-JzEpa9UAX_gYmVk&_nc_ht=scontent-ams4-1.xx&oh=00_AfBe_FObe_jziH5TNrWyAEjXJeGynMBykI_QI9facOM7QA&oe=638C6117

Is your gear insured, guys.?

😉