IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

4 hours ago, seeteeyou said:

Could this be even better than eMMC or what? Simply boot the VHD image off USB disk and then unplug that afterwards

Diskless Windows 10 PC Setup Procedure

secret.gif.742fdd5053efb4e2bc33eb3d76f33b10.gif RAM-OS.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

1 minute ago, lmitche said:

The mumetal experiments may be a useful way to discover the underlying mechanism, in that mumetal reflects energy back to where it came while lowering radiation levels to the outside.

Yes Larry, so much correct you are. And you may have noticed my explicit remark in the webshop that mumetal is *not* used because it would deteriorate SQ.

So I never use mumetal because while it captures the energy indeed, it still needs to get out and this could be through the smallest hole now beaming in that one direction with all its energy. Anway I regard such behavior bad for a cable. But :

The fact that it sounds bad, right away also tells something : this should now be about the cable itself radiating - this normally getting out not being harmful to the signal per se (but could now impact other devices / components).

7 minutes ago, lmitche said:

the same technique delivers similar impacts across USB cables, DC cables and Ethernet cables.

Then again the conclusion of that could be that all "cabling" exhibit similar and that the shielding in similar fashion prevents that sufficiently so whatever is impacted by it (could be your power amp, to name something) now is free of that influence. The more cables treated, the more.

It really is interesting, don't you think ?

XXHighEnd (developer)

4 hours ago, Bruce Orr said:

read the instructions graciously provided by @austinpop .

Hi there @Bruce Orr - we can try to keep it silent, but you know who caused the Lush^2, right ?

9_9

(for others : no hidden agenda's anywhere and Bruce, you may not even realize it yourself)

:x

XXHighEnd (developer)

5 hours ago, seeteeyou said:

Did you try a distro that's running entirely from RAM? The real test could very well be comparing the latency of RAM versus that of Optane IMHO.

Maybe you remember I gave you a link about the "RAM-OS Disk". Possibly you did not see through it or thought I gave you a stupid SSD (indeed it was an SSD version I showed). Here the text which comes along with the HDD version of it - possibly it emphasizes the thing better :

Each OS can boot from RAM (all via remote control) and after that the HDD can be removed from the PC, with the idea that the PC contains nothing else. This improves Sound Quality largely (electrical noise is minimized).

Or maybe you want to do it all yourself ? I mean, it is a bit strange to see a 1000 links from you about the theoretical means while practice is just at your feet (in use by 100s of people for quite some years by now).

W10-14393-03a_a8df5ca9-9ac0-4c31-adfd-50ddc3b3c33e_1024x1024@2x.thumb.png.e6d95a79fe4862da719d433fd79c0ad3.png

If you tell us that you are not interested in a commercial solution (because that's what it is) then at least I know that you understood it and read it. :)

Btw, took about a year to develop with some pause-hurdles. But if you think this is stealing money from you ... I am fine with that thought. If it is regarded too much of a self-advertising, then I am also fine with that (and the post should be deleted). But I created it all for the better sound. And no ( @lmitche ), PXE boot did not do that.

Peter

XXHighEnd (developer)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, austinpop said:

I think you should just accept that as a dealer, you cannot escape the reality that whenever you talk about a product you sell or promote, you will be viewed as biased. That's life.

@andervt, I think if you read this 5 times or so, you maybe start to see the intelligence of the remark. The "that's life" is not figurative. It's how it works.

3 hours ago, Superdad said:

The trick for me is avoiding posting about listening impressions [...]

I was reading through the/your last posts and I had the same impression (sitting back and thinking over how it actually works). Also see the [...] I put there, because I like to leave that out for something to agree with (facts in audio ?? - haha).

But now some counterweight ...

Terje did not sign up this January, but two years before that.

With a stubborn face Terje declared that nobody would have found him or his company when looking for feet. And indeed it is so that right after announcing them he proposed a cheaper DIY solution (I read it, and I plainly read it like that). But try Google. And try it with SOtM if you still have the urge.

Terje is a customer. Hahaha.

And you know, it indeed works better if you know what your market is, and this is about competition. No wait, they are your friends. Approach it like that almost explicitly, works better. Don't be stubborn about it. Here, came in during typing of this:

silanna03.thumb.png.62426cc816f271d17911890be017b1fc.png

As if the devil plays with it (as we say it over here). Not even opened yet (but knowing the contents). Possibly you won't understand. Quite a few others will. @Superdad most certainly will. The history behind this works for life. Everybody should "behave" like that, although it feels quite counter productive. It is not. So Terje, IMO it is best not to further defend yourself as you seem only to be stubborn which is very OK, but now it hurts you which is not OK for you. OK ? :)

---

Indeed it is not easy. People regularly ask me for advice which more often is about third party products than about our own (odd to begin with). Someone in this thread will recognize that he did so, only 48 hours ago. I gave a brief response and thought to leave it at that. It is about virtual competition and I was negative about it. Now I am asked to elaborate if possible. I did not yet because this is hard. And this is even in PM fashion, so go figure (but it could even be more hard). Suddenly there is a relation to your posts, Terje, which I only learned of right now. At least I see the relation, maybe it is unintentional. What if I would have elaborated with my own objective ideas / experiences not knowing the context, which next will always fire back somehow (because it will hurt someone).

It is better never to be negative, never mind you could be. And that small picture I injected above, in the end is about the same. This is about millions and millions of dollars. Better be friends instead of debunking a product, never mind how much you think it is justified.

Rajiv, sorry to mess with your thread ! :ph34r:

XXHighEnd (developer)