IGNORED

My (very) mini review of the Singxer SU-1 DDC

20 hours ago, Superdad said:

Whoa! 20V in 5V out of an LT3045 board at 300mA (about what an SU-1 draws if I recall) will result in 4.5 watts of heat to dissipate.  That's not going to fly! :$

i like your comments about my boards, but as mentioned above - he was asking about 6Vin/5Vout regulator

FYI - even 6W dissipated not a problem for triple LT3045 board fitted in Takachi heatsink enclosure

3 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

i like your comments about my boards, but as mentioned above - he was asking about 6Vin/5Vout regulator

FYI - even 6W dissipated not a problem for triple LT3045 board fitted in Takachi heatsink enclosure

Hi Alexey:

Nice to see you again.  Hope you are well.

My comment was only in response to the person who suggested that 6-20V input (for 5V out) could be used on one of your single 500mA LT3045 boards. I was simply cautioning against such a large drop.

Best,

—Alex C.

15 minutes ago, Superdad said:

My comment was only in response to the person who suggested that 6-20V input (for 5V out) could be used on one of your single 500mA LT3045 boards. I was simply cautioning against such a large drop.

Best,

—Alex C.

"That" person suggested double version, so 1A :D

Aqua Acoustics La Voce + Gato Audio AMP-150 + Opera Callas speakers

Audio PC LPS+Neutrino clock+SoTm USBexp + Win10 + Fidelizer Pro

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I have singxer su-1 2.0v

But I don't know about changes, my su-1 have 4 capacitors near voltage regulator, but I already buy they thinking this is not changes on main board. =(

I have 3 RR70J221MDN1 Nichicon and 2 EEU-FR1E331 Panasonic can I use them? Or I need all 4 panasonic and 1 nichicon? Or I can use 2 panasonic near voltage regulator and 2 nichicon near they?

Thx.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, NoNameNPC said:

Hi!

I have singxer su-1 2.0v

But I don't know about changes, my su-1 have 4 capacitors near voltage regulator, but I already buy they thinking this is not changes on main board. =(

I have 3 RR70J221MDN1 Nichicon and 2 EEU-FR1E331 Panasonic can I use them? Or I need all 4 panasonic and 1 nichicon? Or I can use 2 panasonic near voltage regulator and 2 nichicon near they?

Thx.

What's the point to make random changes this way? You can put anything anywhere, but sonic result will be unpredictable.

I don't like any of those for example ;)

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, motionmover said:

Hello All,

Wonder if anyone can help?

What is the part number for the ' white plastic  2 pin female connector' attached to the output 5V wires, coming out of the power supply board, that attach to the main circuit board?

Thanks for your time and help.

tony

The connector housing is made by JST and the model is VHR-2N.  Here is one place you can get them from:  https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/jst-sales-america-inc/VHR-2N/455-1183-ND/608624

The corresponding pins is SVH-21T-P1.  Here is the link to the same source:  https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/jst-sales-america-inc/SVH-21T-P1.1/455-1133-1-ND/527367

6 hours ago, elan120 said:

The connector housing is made by JST and the model is VHR-2N.  Here is one place you can get them from:  https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/jst-sales-america-inc/VHR-2N/455-1183-ND/608624

The corresponding pins is SVH-21T-P1.  Here is the link to the same source:  https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/jst-sales-america-inc/SVH-21T-P1.1/455-1133-1-ND/527367

Be sure to buy the $400+ crimping tool that is correct for those terminals. x-D  I actually have two such tools (one each for 0.1" Molex KK and the other for Molex SL), but don't have the one for JST.  Such things drive me nuts. 

Actually we have a third expensive crimper tool, for the big Faston terminals used on power inlet modules.  But my assistant has been complaining of elbow pain with this manual one (clamped in a big vise for stability), so I am about to invest in this semi-automatic striping/crimping machine (about $3,250 landed here from China; plus $250 for the quiet air compressor I picked out for it).

Similar sized machines from here in the US or Europe head north of $8K.  Certainly not a hobbyist's tool! 9_9

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 5:52 PM, HallmanLabs said:

I'm comparing against Rubycon BlackGate™ F, Rubycon RX30, Sanyo OSCON, Nichicon Muse, Nichicon Fine Gold, ELNA Cerafine, ELNA SILMIC, ELNA ARS SILMIC Super Gold, ELNA ToneRex, etc.

Hello

Have u managed to run this capacitors shooutout finally?

Very interested by your results

On 6/12/2017 at 8:24 AM, elan120 said:

If you are referring to the LT3045 from Alexey (www.ldovr.com), which is what I use, the input, output, and SET pin capacitors are already installed on the board, and as far as the main board capacitors goes, based on LTC spec sheet recommendations, I am using low ESR capacitors on both input and output side (Nichicon Aluminum Organic Polymer Capacitors 6.3V 220uF).

What improvments did this cap change brought to you?

Did u do other caps comparissons?

On 8/2/2019 at 4:55 AM, Ricardo007 said:

@rafa

Did you test shunt regulators like dutch tentlabs proposed by magnahifi? 

I was thinking about them to try but I changed DAC and don't use any usb bridge at the moment. Maybe some day if I change configuration again I will give them a chance...

On 2/12/2018 at 4:57 PM, rafa said:

I would definatelly go with something like Pulsar power or NewClassD VR. They sounds more natural. LT3045 bit digital.

@rafa

I think you experienced capacitor change on su1 can you advice me on modifications on a singxer su6. May be you can tell from the picture which cap is for what usage? The 2 big blue are supercaps no change needed. There are 3 dark blue caps and another 3 smaller black ones. I favor tonality and body above clarity. Usual suspects are aufio note kasei nichicon fine gold and cerafin silmic II, i guess a mix can do but for which caps?

SU6_3.jpg

On 8/3/2019 at 11:30 AM, Ricardo007 said:

@rafa

I think you experienced capacitor change on su1 can you advice me on modifications on a singxer su6. May be you can tell from the picture which cap is for what usage? The 2 big blue are supercaps no change needed. There are 3 dark blue caps and another 3 smaller black ones. I favor tonality and body above clarity. Usual suspects are aufio note kasei nichicon fine gold and cerafin silmic II, i guess a mix can do but for which caps?

I would try those, see picture. It worked with SU-1 and should with SU-6. I also like proper tonality over clarity.

SU6-mod.jpg