IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

1 minute ago, BACHJS said:

@Dick Darlington:Here are the scripts:

in files of the AutoScript folder :

#MTKAT 0.xx script

CLI(CLI_exec echo root::0:0:root,,,:/root:/bin/sh >/etc/passwd)
CLI(CLI_exec /usr/sbin/telnetd &)
SLEEPMS(3000)
CLI(CLI_app.vfdmg.b clear_msg)
CLI(CLI_app.vfdmg.b scroll_msg start)
SLEEPMS(5000)

In files of the AutoScriptSACD folder 

#MTKAT 0.xx script

CLI(CLI_exec cp /mnt/sda1/AutoScript/sacd_extract_160 /)
CLI(CLI_exec insmod /lib/modules/2.6.35/BDP/splitter.ko)
CLI(CLI_exec /sacd_extract_160 -S &)
CLI(CLI_drv.ir.rx.sq 0xaf000)

B.

Okay I’m definitely confused and I’m most likely the cause of said confusion. I don’t understand multiple things here which is reason enough to bow out now lest I miss my next ECT session.  

@Phthalocyanine: my understanding is that line of command cannot be lauched because it is contained in a folder called AutoScriptSACD which would need to change name to AutoScript while I park temporarily the other folder having the same name which launch the telnet method... I was thinking about it since the previous commands of this do not refer to a folder called AutoScriptSACD:

#MTKAT 0.xx script

Is it the way you flip things around in order to use the server method?

B.

14 minutes ago, BACHJS said:

my understanding is that line of command cannot be lauched because it is contained in a folder called AutoScriptSACD which would need to change name to AutoScript while I park temporarily the other folder having the same name which launch the telnet method

The way I understand it is that all the stuff in the scripts (i.e. those commands in the Autoscript etc folders) happens before you do any telnet commands.  And they need to happen to make it possible for you to successfully telnet in and issue commands.

If you've got telnet local ripping working for you, I would stick with that for the moment.

I think I will let others advise you on the other methods because I don't know them so completely by habit since I mainly use telnet.

2 hours ago, Nexus3 said:

Additionally the service manuals prominently carry the SACD logo.

It would appear that SACD logo on the service manual was an error/misprint.

The S190 owner manual does not state SACD disc playback compatibility, and in the section describing the Audio settings for the HDMI port, no mention/option to output DSD vs. PCM is present:

1821639566_AudioSettings.thumb.jpg.c84ee8df721cdfdf66dce871d68d697b.jpg

In the Playable discs section of the owner manual, SACD is missing:

1027613502_Playablediscs.thumb.jpg.b178fdf3f661e239b585ed3244ad6ff1.jpg

Finally in the end of the manual where you'd expect to see an SACD logo there is none:

Logos.thumb.jpg.f563a76e3502973df35d0ef32b4beab5.jpg

So this one appears close but no cigar based on the owner manual, and that service manual was likely just misprinted in error with an SACD logo. If anyone has an S190 and can confirm that it does in fact play SACDs, then the reverse would likely be true (i.e. the owner manual was misprinted).

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

Now I do report success in using @Phthalocyanine's server method. What I did is simply as follows:

1. I copied the following script in the two key files of the AutoScript folder (ie. I replace their content by what follows):

#MTKAT 0.xx script

2. Followed his exact method as for the telnet with the toggle step etc. except that I did not lauch a Telnet session via PuTTY, I instead lauched the ISO2DSD application. I have to keep the machine on (it will not work if I press the power button to engage the sleep mode of the player). And here it is working... : the tracks are copied one by one to the ISO2DSD folder on my computer.

I guess other scripts are necessary to lauch a sleep/server rip session.

Et voilà,

B.

5 hours ago, BACHJS said:

I copied the following script in the two key files of the AutoScript folder (ie. I replace their content by what follows

OK what you have there is a script that (1) gets root control (2) then copies sacd_extract_160 to the root of the player (3) inserts a module to buffer the ripping - splitter.ko and (4)  runs sacd_extract_160 in server mode.  So that's all good for the server method.

The last command - drv.ir.rx.sq 0xaf00 - is I think for opening the drive door, so I don't think you need that and it probably isn't working at the end anyway.

6 hours ago, BACHJS said:

I have to keep the machine on (it will not work if I press the power button to engage the sleep mode of the player). And here it is working... : the tracks are copied one by one to the ISO2DSD folder on my computer.

Yes this is the awake-server method, and you need to do the music setting toggle with a Sony player.

Sleep-server method uses quick start and engaging the sleep mode.  You do not need to do the music setting toggle with that method.

You do not need telnet and indeed could not get a telnet connection with the script you used because it does not launch the telnet daemon on the player (which is fine because you do not need it for the server connection which is established by the sacd_extract_160 program itself.)

Anyway, great work getting a second method!  But I will leave it to others to guide you through the sleep-server method if that's where you go next.

Hello to all ☺️, …...Especially Nexus3 (#4200) and Dick Darlington (#4207).

I suppose the up coming binary Nexus3 has talked about is what Dick is disclosing in #4200 ?

According to the overview spread sheet Nexus3 has made (#4239) there are quite a few approaches to the rip process but since I have the BDP-S790 that includes only Remote rip to PC / Sleep-Server using the sacd_extract_6200 file.

I really need a step by step - how to guide. Can I use the guide which Dick talks about (#4207):" @Phthalocyanine's S590 local method guide and a few others in my SACD Ripping Guides and Such Dropbox folder". If yes, are there any elements / steps which deviates from the "S590m local method" except that sacd_extract_6200 will replace sacd_extract_160.

By the way ! - when you download the sacd_extract_6200 file (ziped) and unfold it - it has no fil-association. Should I rename it to sacd_extract_6200.exe to make it an executable - or just copy it to the USB-stick and leave it on the USB-stick as it is ?

A dedicated guide to the Sony BDP-S790 would be really nice - thanks anyway to all  😉

5 hours ago, nUUK25 said:

If yes, are there any elements / steps which deviates from the "S590m local method" except that sacd_extract_6200 will replace sacd_extract_160.

No other changes should be necessary.

5 hours ago, nUUK25 said:

- when you download the sacd_extract_6200 file (ziped) and unfold it - it has no fil-association. Should I rename it to sacd_extract_6200.exe to make it an executable - or just copy it to the USB-stick and leave it on the USB-stick as it is?

Do not rename it or create any file association, leave it exactly as is.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

8 hours ago, nUUK25 said:

here are quite a few approaches to the rip process but since I have the BDP-S790 that includes only Remote rip to PC / Sleep-Server using the sacd_extract_6200 file.

The BDP-S790 can be used with any of the three methods, but the script currently packaged with the sacd_extract_6200 file only supports the server method, because it does not launch telnet.  Here is the scrip packaged with itt:

#MTKAT 0.xx script

CLI(CLI_exec cp /mnt/sd*/AutoScript/sacd_extract_6200 /)
CLI(CLI_exec /sacd_extract_6200 -S &)

8 hours ago, nUUK25 said:

If yes, are there any elements / steps which deviates from the "S590m local method" except that sacd_extract_6200 will replace sacd_extract_160.

We need to formulate a tailored local ripping script for the sacd_extract_6200.

If you know what you are doing you could simply replace sacd_extract_160 with sacd_extract_6200 wherever it occurs in the scripts and in the commands in my guide (and of course in the AutoscriptSACD folder).  But my guide as it stands might be confusing for the inexperienced using a S790 and the new sacd_extract_6200 binary.

35 minutes ago, Phthalocyanine said:

The BDP-S790 can be used with any of the three methods, but the script currently packaged with the sacd_extract_6200 file only supports the server method, because it does not launch telnet. 

Yes and sorry If I managed to add any confusion with my post above, I mistakenly thought he was trying to use the sleep-server method with the S790, however in re-reading that post I see that's not the case.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

On 2/28/2019 at 1:12 AM, Phthalocyanine said:

Wow you are beating the bushes to find some rare Sony models!

Hopeless cases tend to be more interesting 😏.

On 2/28/2019 at 1:12 AM, Phthalocyanine said:

This was marketed in Brazil and where else?

According to its service manual the Sony BDP-S190 was sold in India, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore, the Middle East, Saudi Arabia, Mexico and in Latin America.
Together theses countries should acummulate at least a third of the world's population, meaning that sooner or later someone with that model ought to turn up here 😎.

On 2/28/2019 at 1:53 AM, MikeyFresh said:

So this one appears close but no cigar based on the owner manual, and that service manual was likely just misprinted in error with an SACD logo.

Absolutely possible, but if their quality checkup is that bad, they have also "misprinted" two years before that:

spacer.png

On 2/15/2018 at 9:12 PM, Phthalocyanine said:

@billbillw

Very interesting observation on the BDP-S790.

If you can find the service manual for the Sony BDP-S185 could you check that one for the part too?  As I mentioned in my initial post, I own a Sony BDP-S185 and can personally attest that the exploit works on that model too (I can telnet in and have root control). It doesn’t work for SACD ripping because this model is not SACD capable.  It would be interesting to see what the correlations are between part number and the mediatek chipset and exploit vulnerability in the various Sony models.

@Phthalocyanine, do you still own that Sony BDP-S185 ? How are SACDs recognised by this device?

Are hybrids read as a red book layer cd only and are scarlet book discs (=non hybrids) rejected and the player display shows "empty"?

The thing I am aiming at - maybe (admittedly a BIG MAYBE) the entry Sony models (which are sharing their firmware with bigger sister models) don't need to fully process a SACD (as in reading the disc, decrypting the data stream, decoding the DST and outputting an audio signal). Technically the first half should be "enough" to qualify it for a ripping model.

1 hour ago, Nexus3 said:

Absolutely possible, but if their quality checkup is that bad, they have also "misprinted" two years before that:

That is interesting, especially since many parts suppliers list the replacement optical drive mechanism as the same for all of these units over many years, currently the part they will send you is a BPX-10 for a wide range of models listed as compatible, including an S185 (but curiously enough not the S190).

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

1 hour ago, MikeyFresh said:

currently the part they will send you is a BPX-10 for a wide range of models listed as compatible, including an S185 (but curiously enough not the S190).

Well that is interesting too - BPX-10 you say, cause the BDP-S185 service manual shows the following drive unit number:

drive-unit_BDP-S185.PNG.267cd0b5d0bf5d9a7e51907515e46570.PNG

Might those two parts be compatible?

On the softer side of player comparisons, I stumbled onto this:

On 2/15/2018 at 10:39 PM, billbillw said:

The service manual I have for the S590 shows IC101 as CXD90008G-AA. The manual for the S790 shows IC101 as CXD90011G-CB/CC. With Sony, you never know what the actual chip may be. 

That said, I still think the S790 'may' work since it apparently uses the same source code as shown here:

http://oss.sony.net/Products/Linux/Video/category01.html

If I owned an S790, I would definitely give ripping a try with the newfound trick above. Since I will be buying one to hopefully rip my 30 or so SACD, I will stick to the S590 or the Pioneer 80FD since those are the only two that can be found easily for under $200 (much less for the Sony).

Early in this thread, there was one person who said they owned an S790. I hope they are still following and try ripping again. 

The Sony URL reveals really interesting things and theories. 

1. The S18x models and the SX9X generation make use of the very same source code file revisions.

2. There is another (rare) european model which will be making it onto your list.

The Sony BDP-S495 shares its FW with the S490 & S590 and was sold in Russia as a karaoke player.

spacer.png

3. The most interesting part is yet to come - both the Sx100 generation and the Sx200 models have many more family members 😉

BDP-S1100/BDP-BX110/BDP-S3100/BDP-BX310/BDP-S5100/BDP-BX510/BDP-S4100

BDP-S1200/BDP-S3200/BDP-S4200/BDP-S5200/BDP-S6200/BDP-S7200/BDP-BX120/BDP-BX320/BDP-BX520/BDP-BX620

12 minutes ago, Nexus3 said:

Well that is interesting too - BPX-10 you say, cause the BDP-S185 service manual shows the following drive unit number:

Yes and various tear down photos of many of these models will often show the original optical drive is a BPX-7. The BDP-S7200 service manual pictures a BPX-7 with a 2013 manufacture date.

I just bought a BDP-S7200 with a dead optical drive on eBay for $9.99, the parts suppliers all list the BPX-10 as the replacement part, so I ordered one. When I receive the player it will be interesting to note which part is currently inside the unit, although impossible to tell if it is the original or had already once been replaced.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

2 hours ago, Nexus3 said:

Good luck in reviving the patient!

Thanks, it was worth a shot at $9.99 + $12.99 for the BPX-10 replacement part, which is listed this way:

BPX-10 
Compatible with the following Blu-ray player models: 

BDP-S Series: 
BDP-S1, BDP-S1000ES, BDP-S1100, BDP-S1200, BDP-S1500, BDP-S1700, BDP-S1700ES, BDP-S185, BDP-S2000ES, BDP-S2100, BDP-S2200, 
BDP-S2500, BDP-S270, BDP-S280, BDP-S300, BDP-S301, BDP-S3100, BDP-S3200, BDP-S350, BDP-S3500, BDP-S360, BDP-S360HP, BDP-S370, 
BDP-S3700, BDP-S380, BDP-S390, BDP-S470, BDP-S480, BDP-S500, BDP-S5000ES, BDP-S5100, BDP-S5200, BDP-S550, BDP-S5500, BDP-S560, 
BDP-S570, BDP-S580, BDP-S590, BDP-S6200, BDP-S6500, BDP-S6700, BDP-S7200, BDP-S770, BDP-S780, BDP-S790 

BDP-SX Series
BDP-SX1000, BDP-SX910 

BDP-BX Series: 
BDP-BX1, BDP-BX110, BDP-BX120, BDP-BX18, BDP-BX2, BDP-BX320, BDP-BX350, BDP-BX37, BDP-BX370, BDP-BX38, BDP-BX39, BDP-BX510, 
BDP-BX520, BDP-BX57, BDP-BX58, BDP-BX59, BDP-BX620, BDP-BX650 

I hope to accomplish these three things:

1. teach myself how to replace the optical drive in an S7200 (should be very easy)
2. verify BPX-10 replacement part is compatible with SACD
3. confirm S7200 model is indeed capable of SACD rips using sacd_extract_6200

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

2 hours ago, loadam59 said:

First i bought a Pioneer LX58 as it was in the list of compatible players, but i didn't succeed to get root access. Maybe someone could find a way ... if you have an idea i could try to get it work ...

I wonder if anyone tried the Oppo script on this unit way back when?

I say that because at that time the discovery of the Sony model compatibility was still a year or more away, so that script would have been referred to as the "Pioneer" script, or "BDP-160" script.

However, the higher end LX58 I believe uses the MediaTek MT8580 just like an Oppo 10x series player. Could it be as simple as try using the Oppo script on the LX58?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

2 hours ago, loadam59 said:

I didn't try the Oppo script on the LX58, but i will ... good suggestion

Do you know the chipset used in the Sony s7200, MT8560 ? I can't find any info

I stand corrected, on examination of the LX58 service manual, that unit does not use the MT8580 despite being a high-end competitor to the Oppo and it's derivatives. So the Oppo script likely won't work, though it never hurts anything to try.

The LX58 service manual clearly shows use of the MT8560:

LX58.thumb.jpg.3250c8eec6f8d820e3206f0ee4584c6e.jpg

So it would seem most likely that either the original Pioneer - Sony script, or the newer Sony ARMv7 script would work on the LX58.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

13 hours ago, Nexus3 said:

@Phthalocyanine, do you still own that Sony BDP-S185 ? How are SACDs recognised by this device?

Are hybrids read as a red book layer cd only and are scarlet book discs (=non hybrids) rejected and the player display shows "empty"?

The thing I am aiming at - maybe (admittedly a BIG MAYBE) the entry Sony models (which are sharing their firmware with bigger sister models) don't need to fully process a SACD (as in reading the disc, decrypting the data stream, decoding the DST and outputting an audio signal). Technically the first half should be "enough" to qualify it for a ripping model.

Yes I still have it gathering dust on a shelf and would be happy to try more things with it if you can figure out what.

As I recall, it read the redbook CD layer of SACD hybrids and would shown "unknown disc" for non-hybrids.

But when it came to running sacd_extract_160 this is what I always got:

sh: mknod: not found
[0]: install_modules: mknod/insmod filed
[0]: Can not install modules

Maybe @mindset can figure something out from that.

Further information on Sony BDP-S185:

Linux sony-player 2.6.35 #1 PREEMPT Tue Dec 16 23:55:27 CST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux
~ # cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor       : ARMv6-compatible processor rev 7 (v6l)
BogoMIPS        : 804.86
Features        : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp java
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0xb76
CPU revision    : 7

Hardware        : mt85xx

@MikeyFresh I'll be very interested in your replacing the optical drive in the Sony you just got.

I've never done it.

The stuff I see in the service manuals (like this from the S590 Service Manual) has somewhat scared me because it shows typical Sony hyper-security lockdowns.

But I also remember googling around that people have figured out how to get around these.

So I'm sure you will prevail.

[From p. 1.1 of BDP-BX59/S590/S490 Service Manual]

1-2. Work when optical device are replaced
Note: Please do the following work when you replace the optical device.
1. Install it in PC after downloading two set of software from following URL.
(Refer to “1-4-8. BU Data Decode Jig” on page 1-19)
STEP 1
Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5
STEP 2
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (x86)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=79bc3b77-e02c-4ad3-aacf-a7633f706ba5
2. Take a photograph of the bar code on the optical device. The valid bar code photo as shown in Fig.2

image.png.a17c6e0b8ff708fdaba1b62b512f7e2e.png
3. Drag-and-drop the bar code photograph to the icon of decode software (BDPRdec).
* The decode software is a complete set of “BDPRdec”, “Tasman.Bars.dll”, and “SavePath”.
* Because decode software cannot be attached, it separately distributes it.
4. Input the password when you start decode software.
* Inquire of each service headquarters because the password cannot be disclosed.
5. Write the decode data to the set.
(Refer to “1-4-4. BU (Optical Block) Repair Guide” on page 1-16 and “1-4-5. BU Adjustment Flow [yy]” on page 1-17)

10 hours ago, Nexus3 said:

2. There is another (rare) european model which will be making it onto your list.

The Sony BDP-S495 shares its FW with the S490 & S590 and was sold in Russia as a karaoke player.

One member @[email protected] had the BDP-485 (the model from the previous year) which did not work, which makes sense because it was probably like the S480/S580, which does not work .

[email protected]:

The front tray did not open after powering on my Sony BDP-S485 with the USB drive containing the Autoscript folder inserted. Anything I did wrong? or S485 is not compatible?

Me:

The Sony BDP-S485 is a model I did not previously know about.

From its service manual, it’s a Sony Blu-Ray player model with SACD and Karaoke from 2011-2012 marketed in China, Singapore, Thailand, and  Russia,