Blake

Song of the Day (or welcome to the ADD Generation).....

Rate this topic

Boccherini: Fandango from Guitar Quintet in D major arranged for 2 harpsichords

Andreas Staier, Christine Schornsheim, Adela Gonzáles Cámpa

[video=youtube;Hw6t-rqTgAM]

"The fundamental task of music is to give resonance not to objectivity but rather to the manner in which the innermost self is essentially moved according to its subjectivity and the ideal nature of the soul."  ---  GWF Hegel, Lectures On Aesthetics

Home: UltraRendu | Berkeley Alpha USB | Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 | Jeff Rowland Coherence II Series 2 | Blue Circle Audio BC-202 | Raidho XT-1 | 2 x Revel Performa3 B112 subwoofers  

Desktop: Iso Regen | Schiit Eitr | Chord Qutest  | Aesthetix Calypso pre | Blue Circle Audio BC-28 amp | Scansonic MK-5 monitors | Elac S10 sub

[...] "Do fathers always know more than sons?" and the father said, "yes". The next question was, "Daddy, who invented the steam engine?" and the father said, "James Watt." And then the son came back with "- but why didn't James Watt's father invent it?"

Gregory Bateson

Steps to an Ecology of Mind (...)

Easily the most bizarre performance of the Kyrie from medieval composer Guillaume de Machaut's monumental Messe de Notre Dame that I've ever encountered, both musically and visually. It's like a parody of Fellini:

"The fundamental task of music is to give resonance not to objectivity but rather to the manner in which the innermost self is essentially moved according to its subjectivity and the ideal nature of the soul."  ---  GWF Hegel, Lectures On Aesthetics

Reading the "Album of the Evening" thread, somebody was talking about Led Zeppelin being the "heaviest" band. Made me think of this song, one I always thought of as the "heaviest", or at least close to, the heaviest I've ever heard. The entire album is pretty special if you like this type of music.

Butthole Surfers: Dust Devil

[video=youtube;CxKWTzr-k6s]

Home: UltraRendu | Berkeley Alpha USB | Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 | Jeff Rowland Coherence II Series 2 | Blue Circle Audio BC-202 | Raidho XT-1 | 2 x Revel Performa3 B112 subwoofers  

Desktop: Iso Regen | Schiit Eitr | Chord Qutest  | Aesthetix Calypso pre | Blue Circle Audio BC-28 amp | Scansonic MK-5 monitors | Elac S10 sub

Barcelona Gipsy Klezmer Orchestra - Djelem Djelem

BYagzACzL&index=2

New discovery for me about two weeks ago and have since purchased two of their CD's. Very cool stuff. its a little mix of jazz, orchestral, drum n bass, electronic. Gotta listen to entire song though, or you will miss out :)

Which one? She recorded it twice.

From opening (?) ceremonies of 2010 Olympics in Vancouver. (I just replaced video link with a better version. I always thought it was from the closing ceremonies. I even watched it live :))

Edited by lasker98

Music written for the Sistine Chapel:

Palestrina/ Missa Papae Marcelli - Gloria | New York Polyphony

Palestrina: 'Agnus dei' from Missa Papae Marcelli (Ensemble Odhecaton)

Sistine Chapel

From opening (?) ceremonies of 2010 Olympics in Vancouver. (I just replaced video link with a better version. I always thought it was from the closing ceremonies. I even watched it live :))

Wow, I've heard sing it live as well. Just a great song for showing her range and fullness of her voice. Is the live version available for sale?

nuckleheadaudio.com