IGNORED

Music that almost brings a tear....

Is anyone else having trouble playing these video links using a iPhone/iPad?

Tranz, me too, am getting about 50% success rate using iPhone 6 Plus or iPad pro , iOS 9.2.1, for the video links using the Computer Audiophile iOS app.

Eva Cassidy link not work, half the classical.

Nina Simone did work, also Tom Waits.

Speaker : iPhone 6S Plus > UpTone Audio USB Regen (x2) > Benchmark DAC1 Pre > Pass Labs INT-30A > Focal Micro Utopia BE

Headphone : Auralic Aries > Auralic Gemini 2000 > Audeze LCD-X

Power & Tweaks : Heaps of Balanced & Isolation Power supplies, Dedicated Line, Vinnie Rossi MINI PURE-DC-4EVR, HD-Plex LPSU, iFi Audio DC iPurifiers, DIY Resonance/Vibration platforms using Townshend Audio Seismic Isolation Pods

A beautiful duet of Don McLean accompanied by Chet Atkins. IMO, the poor picture quality does not detract from the great music.

BTW, I suspect that the problem some are having playing videos on IOS devices may be attributed to Apple not supporting Adobe Flash.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

A beautiful duet of Don McLean accompanied by Chet Atkins. IMO, the poor picture quality does not detract from the great music.

BTW, I suspect that the problem some are having playing videos on IOS devices may be attributed to Apple not supporting Adobe Flash.

Lovely performance, Allan. And of a favorite song of mine. I've never come across that before. Thanks for sharing!

JC

• 2 weeks later...

Kirsten Flagstad singing Mild und Leise in her recording of Wagner's Tristan und Isolde conducted by Furtwängler.

Beethoven's Opus 111 by Rudolf Serkin in his farewell concert recorded by Austrian radio ÖRF (DG CD).

Jean-Louis Trintignant on Daniel Mille's L'Attente.

AC/DC Highway to Hell, because I can't help thinking about the particularly tragic death that Bon Scott met shortly after recording the song.

The Agnus of Bach's Mass in B minor in CM Giulini's recording.

The Et Incarnatus Est of Beethoven's Missa Solemnis by Klemperer.

• 2 weeks later...
Current top of my "I must have got something in my eye" list:

Dream of Gerontius -Angel's farewell

Finzi virtually anything

+1 to both.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

This recording by Alicia de Larrocha (Spanish Songs and Dances) is subtle, almost wistful but with with a certain note of sadness or regret. Mompou possessed a lyric poetical style similar to Chopin. The whole disc is worth a quiet listen, on a cold winter evening with a glass of warm sangria.

ImageUploadedByComputer Audiophile1459293863.892363.jpg

That I ask questions? I am more concerned about being stupid than looking like I might be.

"Lotus on Irish Streams" by the Mahavishnu Orchestra.

"Hang on to a dream" by the Nice.

"Heart like a wheel" by Linda Ronstadt.

"Promenade" by Neil Larsen.

"The silence of a candle"(solo piano version) by Ralph Towner

"It suits me well" by Sandy Denny

Almost anything by Tim Hardin.

• 1 month later...