IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

On 6/17/2017 at 7:49 AM, vortecjr said:

Repost from earlier in the thread:

First of all team Sonore would like to thank all microRendu owners for their continued support on this project. 

While the microRendu is truly an amazing device as is we could not help asking ourselves if there was room for improvement within it's tiny enclosure. 

I'm happy to announce that we are making available a hardware update for the microRendu series. This update is a revision to the original microRendu's main board updating it from from version 1.3 to version 1.4. The new version 1.4 main board shares among other thing one of the key components in the upcoming ultraRendu. The update changes the oscillator utilized for the CPU and the USB regenerative circuit while the remaining circuit design remains unchanged.

Here is some information about the update process:    

1. Sonore will replace your original version 1.3 main board with a new version 1.4 main board. Your original version 1.3 main board will not be returned to you and will become the property of Sonore.

2. Sonore will utilize your original enclosure, original uSD card, and your original processor board for this update. These parts most be in original condition and in good working order.

3. The Sonicorbiter operating system will be updated to 2.5 subject to the terms of item #6 below.  

4. The new main board will have a 1 year warranty from the date of it's purchase. Damage from misuse to the USB connector and DC connector are not covered under the warranty. 

5. This offer includes free world wide return shipping with tracking number sent to you via email. You most ship your unit to Sonore at your expense. Shipping instructions will be provided after you purchase the update.    

6. The update will be $235 USD for Sonicorbiter 2.5 owners and $245 USD for Sonicorbiter 2.3 owners. 

*This offer is subject to change without notice.     

If you are interested in this update please e-mail [email protected] with the phrase "microRendu update" in the subject line. I will notify you as soon as we are ready to accept orders.

Perhaps this was answered earlier, but if I place an  order from the website today- will I be getting the old 1.3 board or the new 1.4 board?

Thank you!

Just posted this on the Impressions thread but I guess I should have posted it here.

It looks like I have a problem with my mRendu. I unplugged everything to move the system and now with everything plugged back in the mRendu won't show up in my Lumin control point. It also doesn't show in MySonicorbiter.  The mR is powered by an LPS-1 and is immediately downstream of an fmc. The mR ethernet socket lights are on and blink to show it is receiving data, and I have removed and pushed back in the sd card a couple of times, but still no good. Is there anything else I can try to get it working properly? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

2 hours ago, str-1 said:

Just posted this on the Impressions thread but I guess I should have posted it here.

It looks like I have a problem with my mRendu. I unplugged everything to move the system and now with everything plugged back in the mRendu won't show up in my Lumin control point. It also doesn't show in MySonicorbiter.  The mR is powered by an LPS-1 and is immediately downstream of an fmc. The mR ethernet socket lights are on and blink to show it is receiving data, and I have removed and pushed back in the sd card a couple of times, but still no good. Is there anything else I can try to get it working properly? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I sent you an email.

13 hours ago, R1200CL said:

I think you don't need the boards, as returning to you also take some time ?

I don't like to sell things until we have proof of life. When the boards arrive which should be been pretty soon I will test a few and then decide to open up sales. 

2 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

I don't like to sell things until we have proof of life. When the boards arrive which should be been pretty soon I will test a few and then decide to open up sales. 

Does "proof of life" imply or include proof of SQ improvement, in this particular case:)?

10 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Absolutely and this is a fantastic gesture. Can new mRendu owners also get this feeling? :-(

We had to split the production of microRendu and this hardware update so it will make things complicated. I would try the microRrendu and then decides on the need to update the hardware. Besides there is a long waiting list so we will not get to you right away.   

38 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

We had to slip the production of microRendu and this hardware update so it will make things complicated. I would try the microRrendu and then decides on the need to update the hardware. Besides there is a long waiting list so we will not get to you right away.   

No problem, I've already tried the 1.3 mRendu previously.

I'd love the latest mRendu board improvements, where I can have it plugged directly into my DAC, without a cable (using John's USPCB direct into my DAC).

If you're open to the idea of new mRendu customers having the latest 1.4 board, then I'm sure new customers would be happy to consider waiting until later, as you work through the waiting list of existing mRendu owners doing the upgrade. No rush.

5 hours ago, vortecjr said:

I sent you an email.

Thanks.  Powering everything down (incl. router) worked.  I'm listening to music again.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

10 hours ago, Em2016 said:

No problem, I've already tried the 1.3 mRendu previously.

I'd love the latest mRendu board improvements, where I can have it plugged directly into my DAC, without a cable (using John's USPCB direct into my DAC).

If you're open to the idea of new mRendu customers having the latest 1.4 board, then I'm sure new customers would be happy to consider waiting until later, as you work through the waiting list of existing mRendu owners doing the upgrade. No rush.

Anyone can update so no worries.

1 minute ago, vortecjr said:

Anyone can update so no worries.

Thanks JR. For a new order, is there an extra cost for the latest v1.4 board? If so, what is it?

Obviously waiting for your waiting list of upgrades to reduce until alter, of course.

Cheers

23 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Thanks JR. For a new order, is there an extra cost for the latest v1.4 board? If so, what is it?

Obviously waiting for your waiting list of upgrades to reduce until alter, of course.

Cheers

Right now we are just updating pre-existing customers.

3 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Right now we are just updating pre-existing customers.

Hi-

As a first time customer who was about to purchase the microrendu, now i'm not sure whether to buy or wait? it seems silly for me to buy it, only then to send it back to you for a upgrade  

is there a plan to offer this as a new product with the upgraded board? what would you advise a new customer to do?

2 hours ago, jsa307 said:

Hi-

As a first time customer who was about to purchase the microrendu, now i'm not sure whether to buy or wait? it seems silly for me to buy it, only then to send it back to you for a upgrade  

is there a plan to offer this as a new product with the upgraded board? what would you advise a new customer to do?

Why not buy a used one ?

I think there will be some for sale quite soon. Also Sonore is offering refurbished ones. 

Which I assume can be upgraded as well ?

Maybe email Jesus direct. 

7 hours ago, jsa307 said:

Hi-

Buy the ultraRendu?

5 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Why not buy a used one ?

I think there will be some for sale quite soon. Also Sonore is offering refurbished ones. 

Which I assume can be upgraded as well ?

Maybe email Jesus direct. 

You can and you will end up with a new main board as a result. The warranty is the same though since we are offering full warranty regardless.