IGNORED

Those who own Audioquest cable...what do you think?

That and the final chord of She Loves You are so relatively unique I'd be amazed if he couldn't.

Most people who've ever heard A Hard Day's Night will recognise the chord. What the chord actually is has been a matter of debate for decades.

That and the final chord of She Loves You are so relatively unique I'd be amazed if he couldn't.

The opening chord of A Hard Day's Night, i.e. Fadd9, is certainly very unique. But I doubt that anyone but a trained musician would recognize it, perfect pitch or not. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Most people who've ever heard A Hard Day's Night will recognise the chord. What the chord actually is has been a matter of debate for decades.

OK, I understand now what you were saying.

I found the discussion at the following page informative, down to George's probable finger positioning and the contributions of the other players to the overall sound of the chord (John on six-string, Paul on bass, George Martin on piano): The 'A Hard Day's Night' opening chord | The Beatles Bible

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I think you're right on that one. My brother has something called perfect pitch. He can tell what any note or chord is instantly and with 100% accuracy. Needless to say, my parents tried to shove a piano down his throat. It wouldn't fit. Neither did the French Horn. He is an excellent mortgage broker, though.

That's apparently, pretty normal. When I was growing up, the little girl who lived two houses away from me was "diagnosed" with perfect pitch as well. Just as with your brother, this girl's parents immediatlly jumped to the conclusion that they had a child prodigy musical genius on their hands! A grand piano was immediately purchased, piano lessons arranged for, the whole nine yards. Ultimately, like most youngsters with perfect pitch, all this girl could do with that expensive grand piano, was tune it!

George

Right brain / left brain stuff? I have a number of friends that possess different artistic and musical talents who over 40+ years of friendship still haven't figured out which end of a screwdriver to hold. An exaggeration but none the less the premise is true. Most of them would never attempt the most basic home improvement projects or do their own break-job on a car

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

Right brain / left brain stuff? I have a number of friends that possess different artistic and musical talents who over 40+ years of friendship still haven't figured out which end of a screwdriver to hold. An exaggeration but none the less the premise is true. Most of them would never attempt the most basic home improvement projects or do their own break -job on a car

"Break and Enter" as in pinching the car ?

Must be a rough neighbourhood where you live ! (grin)

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

"Break and Enter" as in pinching the car ?

Must be a rough neighbourhood where you live ! (grin)

I have never "liberated" a car, recently. ;)

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.