IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer - Windows 10 Beta Thread (BETA PHASE CLOSED!)

AudioPhil

Hi Phil, I've tried using beta 14 on windows 10 home and also windows 10 LTSB chinese version, both of which gave me the "No compatible operating system found" error before quitting. Could you also give compatibility to those two versions? By the way, for AO which version of windows 10 would you recommend for best sound quality? Thanks.

Hi Phil, I've tried using beta 14 on windows 10 home and also windows 10 LTSB chinese version, both of which gave me the "No compatible operating system found" error before quitting. Could you also give compatibility to those two versions? By the way, for AO which version of windows 10 would you recommend for best sound quality? Thanks.

hi

please email [email protected] so i can provide further instructions.

thanks,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Trying that but still having difficulty loading Roon. I'll get there!

OpenGL Problem? Please use RoonServer (Roon Core) instead.

____________________________________________________________________________________

No. Roon loads, shows it has some music tracks then just disappears. iPad app keeps cycling thru connecting then losing the connection. A few others mention similar problem on Roon forum under "2012 server in AO core mode (nas issue)". Don't think it's related to nas for me as I mapped drive and watch those. It stayed connected long enough for me to set folder to watch. Am starting from scratch and reloading WS and set up essentials as you mention but right from start his time. Later today

The tracks are on the NAS - synology ds 214 - but I mapped the NAS to local drives. Works perfectly on WEin10 machine with both Roon and MC21. The WS machine shows tracks are there and some album art but it looks like it doesn't stay around long enough - the software just goes out and I return to windows gui - to read all files. Roon does stay on as service and the iPad connection goes on and off as the iPad repeatedly tries to connect.

Roon is the only Player (i know of) which is experiencing this issue over network shares on Windows Server 2012 R2 (in core mode). I will still investigate that issue and try to help the roon guys find a solution.

what about the URL to the thread?

No issues here. But the reason is that i use Roon "only" with TIDAL as source, this works rock solid. Will keep investigating on the NAS drop issue, no worries.

Hi Phil

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but will AO 2.0 take advantage of the additional cores (8,16) available on some processors/servers?

Thanks

Kerry

hi Kerry

this is depending on the OS's capabilities respectively the license/edition of it. AO will work perfectly fine no matter how many cores you have at hand.

best,

phil

hi Kerry

this is depending on the OS's capabilities respectively the license/edition of it. AO will work perfectly fine no matter how many cores you have at hand.

best,

phil

Thanks for the answer Phil.

Another question if I may. Assuming all things are equal (server hardware, Windows server 2012 OS, & AO optimized for each setup), would increasing the CPU cores from, say 4 to 8 to 16 offer better sound? (theoretically)

Thanks

Kerry

Hi Kerry

I don't think that handling so many cores will do any good for sound quality. 2-4 cores is perfect in my opinion. But it's computer audio, never say never.

Best,

Phil

Hello Kerry

I think this will depend mostly on the available budget. Basically the server OS's are superior and I am sure that Server 2016 will be the new King after all. But the price/performance ratio from AO with Windows 10 will be unbeatablw without doubt.

Best,

Phil

Please don' t forget to email me regarding your Chinese windows version and the OS Checker.

I carried out the tests on MP3 and AAC files. The system is a Win Server 2012 R2. I restored a clean image of the OS on which I installed AO 2.0 Beta 14 and Roon Server. These are the results:

1) AAC files local folder recognized and played

2) MP3 files local folder send Roon in crash. When I try to add MP3 local files RoonServer becomes unstable and goes into loop Started -> Running -> Error -> Started -> Runnig -> Error etc. etc.

3) Files on NAS both AAC and MP3 send Roon in crash. When I try to add the NAS folder Roon becomes unstable and goes in a loop in the same way point 2 above.

Hi

Thanks for your reports.

So far the analysis of the issue has shown that there is no problem regarding NAS or local access in any way. I was able to scan and inventory almost 100'000 files over LAN and had no problem (FLAC, WAV, DSD).

The problem arises exactly when you put an MP3 or AAC File into a Folder which is "watched" by Roon. It does not play a role if that folder is locally or on a network share, the problem is the MP3/AAC File itself. The same second Roon tries to scan the file it will crash and start "looping".

I am still investigating this issue with the OS and try to find a solution for RoonServer as fast as possible.

If someone else is having the crash issue, separate your MP3/AAC Files away from the watched folders and RoonServer will work perfectly fine.

If you need MP3/AAC: Switch to GUI mode, install Essentials Role and the Media Pack, then you will be fine too.

Hi

The problem arises exactly when you put an MP3 or AAC File into a Folder which is "watched" by Roon.

Hi AUdioPhil,

I redid some tests with AAC and MP3 files downloaded from the Internet (the previous tests I had done with files converted from my files flac). With these new files in my system does not work anything either MP3 files or AAC files that worked previously. I tested both the watched folders and organized folders with the same result, Roon always crash both on the NAS and on the local drive.

My system Win 2012 R2, AO, RoonServer, GUI mode.

Phil,

Thanks again for all the help. I now have Roonsrver working fine on my WS2012R2 machine with AO 2.0 set as you direct. Using local drives mapped from NAS. Did not cooperate until I removed the MP3 and aif files - less than 20 of over 15,000+ files.

Jim

Hi

thanks everybody for the testing, very glad we could find out more details about this problem. We are heavily working on the issue together with roon and a solution should be available very soon.

best,

Phil

AudiophileOptimizer 2.00 Beta 15

- WLAN works with "disable drivers and services" feature enabled (Win 10)

- Update Anti-Spy Feature for Windows 10 (Disables Microsoft Telemetry...)

- Minor Bugfixes & Improvements

- Added WASAPI/MMCSS optimization for Windows 10/Server 2016 TP4

- LockScreen disabled for Windows 10/Server 2016 TP4

- ActionCenter disabled for Windows 10/Server 2016 TP4

- Updated support for RoonServer in GUI/minimal-server & Core Mode

(No need to install Essentials Experience & Media Pack anymore)

- Added support for Windows 10 Enterprise evaluation & LTSB versions

- Added support for Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4

- Added support for Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4 (non-Standard)

- Added support for all Windows 10 K & N editions

- Added support for Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition

- Express Mode no longer shows question about RDP and WinRM (all OS)

- WMI no longer stopped after running AO on Windows 10

- AO does no longer remove the icon of the volume control panel

- Several adjustments for Windows 10

- Enables MinimServer in core mode (Server 2012 R2)

- Improvements on Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support (Server 2012 R2)

- Update of the ability to disable Windows Defender (Windows 10)

- Update of the ability to remove OneDrive (Windows 10)

- Questions for OneDrive and Defender removed for Home Edition (Windows 10)

- WMI no longer disabled when exiting AO directly after changing SS/DF (all OS)

- Exit after selecting SS/DF does work again FIX

- Fix for connection issues with SMB1 based NAS devices

ServiceTool 2.00

- Minor Bugfixes

- UAC enabled after reset via ServiceTool

- No longer offers switch between modes if Windows 10 is detected

- Shell replacement for JRiver Media Center 21

- Shell replacement for MinimServer

- Shell replacement for RoonServer

- Shell replacement for Muso

- Update of the ability to strip down Windows 10 (remove all apps, optional features, etc.) - Strip down Windows 10 no longer uninstalls Internet Explorer

- Update of Repair Windows 10 feature: Ability to reverse stripping Windows 10

- Restoring Service & driver state no longer possible if already done

Setup 2.00

- Minor Bugfixes

- Update of the of update notification feature

• 3 weeks later...