IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer - Windows 10 Beta Thread (BETA PHASE CLOSED!)

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Version 2.00, beta 9

================================================================================

AudiophileOptimizer 2.00

- Added support for RoonServer to GUI/minimal-server & Core Mode

->No need to install Essentials Experience & Media Pack anymore

- Added support for Windows 10 Enterprise evaluation & LTSB versions

- Added support for Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4

- Added support for Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4 (non-Standard)

- Added support for all Windows 10 K & N editions

- Express Mode no longer shows question about RDP and WinRM (all OS)

- WMI no longer stopped after running AO on Windows 10

- Several adjustments for Windows 10

- Enables MinimServer in core mode (Server 2012 R2)

- Improvements on Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support (Server 2012 R2)

- Possibility to disables Windows Defender (Windows 10) FIX

- Possibility to disable OneDrive (Windows 10)

- Questions for OneDrive and Defender removed for Home Edition (Windows 10)

- WMI no longer disabled when exiting AO directly after changing SS/DF (all OS)

ServiceTool 2.00

- No longer offers switch between modes if Windows 10 is detected

- Shell replacement for JRiver Media Center 21

- Shell replacement for MinimServer

- Shell replacement for RoonServer

- Possibility to strip down Windows 10 (remove all apps, optional features, etc.)

- Strip down Windows 10 no longer uninstalls Internet Explorer

- Restoring Service & driver state no longer possible if already done

Setup 2.00

- Update of the of update notification feature

When you run your current AO, ServiceTool or Setup from beta 8, you should see the notification about a newer version available. Can a few confirm that this is actually working (will only work on machines with internet connection!)? No need to check the download page, the link for Beta 9 will be sent out via email.

Enjoy it,

Phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Version 2.00, beta 10

================================================================================

AudiophileOptimizer 2.00

- Added WASAPI/MMCSS optimization for Windows 10/Server 2016 TP4

- LockScreen disabled for Windows 10/Server 2016 TP4

- ActionCenter disabled for Windows 10/Server 2016 TP4

- Added support for RoonServer to GUI/minimal-server & Core Mode

(No need to install Essentials Experience & Media Pack anymore)

- Added support for Windows 10 Enterprise evaluation & LTSB versions

- Added support for Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4

- Added support for Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4 (non-Standard)

- Added support for all Windows 10 K & N editions

- Express Mode no longer shows question about RDP and WinRM (all OS)

- WMI no longer stopped after running AO on Windows 10

- Enables MinimServer in core mode (Server 2012 R2)

- Improvements on Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support (Server 2012 R2)

- Possibility to disables Windows Defender (Windows 10) FIX

- Possibility to disable OneDrive (Windows 10)

- Questions for OneDrive and Defender removed for Home Edition (Windows 10)

- WMI no longer disabled when exiting AO directly after changing SS/DF (all OS)

ServiceTool 2.00

- UAC enabled after reset via ServiceTool

- No longer offers switch between modes if Windows 10 is detected

- Shell replacement for JRiver Media Center 21

- Shell replacement for MinimServer

- Shell replacement for RoonServer

- Possibility to strip down Windows 10 (remove all apps, optional features, etc.)

- Strip down Windows 10 no longer uninstalls Internet Explorer

- Restoring Service & driver state no longer possible if already done

Setup 2.00

- Update of the of update notification feature

No need to check the download page, the link for Beta 10 will be sent out via email.

Enjoy it,

Phil

Server 2016 TP4: Service Tool, switch to minimal server mode crashes.

In Server 2016 its not (yet) possible to switch between modes since TP3, Microsoft took out the functionality. I hope it gets back in RTM, but does not look good so far. The only way is a direct installation of Core Mode, but KS will not yet work.

That is grim news, what hope is there for me Wasapi?

In the meantime, I suggest a message rather than crash.

what crashed is of microsoft and not of me, i don't have any influence on that. normally if you try to switch to core for example you will see the powershell window as you are used to, after the reboot you will just still be in GUI, but there are no crashes normally.

Anyway, i will remove the option to switch between modes for the time being.

Server 2016 TP4: Service Tool, switch to minimal server mode crashes.

https://redmondmag.com/articles/2015/08/27/windows-server-2016-preview-3.aspx

Has anyone who is using the AO Win10 beta had a chance to compare how it sounds relative to Windows Server 2012R2?

I tried both (albeit on 2 different machines) and I stuck with Server 2012 (for now).

PS Audio DirectStream DSD Bridge -> Classe CA-2200 - >B&W 803-D2, Nordost Tyr cabled. Synology NAS, MinimServer, BubbleDS.

Great progress, Phil!

1+

Thanks for all the beta work done during last weekend! [emoji1303]

Beta 10 installed on WS2012 R2 (single PC /Core / Ultimate / A1)

Not even one issue, neather during setup, nor optimization process.

No more messages confusing me. [emoji6]

ST also runs without failure.

Sound quality seems supereb to my ears!

King regards

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

While RoonServer starts and is accessible to my remotes, it is not capable of playing. I have RoonServer loaded as Phil describes on my CAPS that is hooked up to my DAC.

hi

sure you ran AO after switching the mode and not before? Sure you said yes to "Install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support"? Sure you did not disable WMI in the end?

2012 R2 and not 2012 right?

Best,

Phil

hi

sure you ran AO after switching the mode and not before? Sure you said yes to "Install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support"? Sure you did not disable WMI in the end?

2012 R2 and not 2012 right?

Best,

Phil

Yes I did all those things. Followed the instructions just as is. RoonServer starts and you can access it from any remote however, when I try to play any music on the DAC that is attached to the CAPS that is running RoonServer nothing happens. Yes I am running Server 2012 R2. I did it twice. Maybe I will try a fresh install of 2012 R2

Using ASIO with an MSB Diamond Plus.

Phil, my machine had Essentials and Media Pack installed because early on that was the only way to get RoonCore to work. Do you think that could be a factor? If can I just uninstall or should I just do a clean install of 2012 R2?

Thanks

Using ASIO with an MSB Diamond Plus.

Phil, my machine had Essentials and Media Pack installed because early on that was the only way to get RoonCore to work. Do you think that could be a factor? If can I just uninstall or should I just do a clean install of 2012 R2?

Thanks

Howie, this is all due to you wanting to run HQP/Roonserver in core, right? I have beta 9 and I run it (with R2 having needed essentials, etc) in GUI just fine, fyi.

Ted,

I am trying to get RoonServer to run in 2012 R2 Core mode with AO. No issues in GUI. I have never been able to get RoonCore or RoonServer to run in 2012 R2 Core mode with AO and wanted to hear its sonic qualities (or lack thereof) using Phil's AO in Core mode without HQPlayer. This newest beta 10 of AO Phil states will run RoonServer in Core mode with 2012 R2 (all these Core Modes are confusing). While I get further than I have ever gotten, when I select "MSB ASIO" from a Roon Remote (my iPad, etc) nothing plays.

Again, I have my CAPS ZUMA running 2012 R2, with Phil's beta 10 version 2.0 running in Core mode with the MSB ASIO driver loaded on the same machine and streaming via USB to my MSB. Earlier on, when there was only RoonCore Essentials and Media Pack was required. According to Phil's latest update, this is not required to get RoonServer up and running properly in V2.0 BETA 10 in Server 2012 R2 Core mode.

Dear All,

here is what I just posted about my experience with AO 2.0b10 in another international forum:

Dear All,

I work quite some time on manual optimization of MS Server 2016 TP4. In between I am happy to confirm good news about AO 2.0b10 with 2016 TP 4. There have been no issues within GUI mode on my system. Load of the system has been clearly lowered. My testing confirms that for installation on disc, vhd and booted as RAMOS into RAM. Following more details:

• clean installation of 2016 TP4 on SSD respective into new vhd of 10GB size. Proof of audio system running well within these installations:

Foobar with Sox upsampling – Acourate Asio – Acourate Convolver with online convolving/cleaner/flow – USB - Fireface UCX, priorities and affinity of all

processes set with Taggarts tool „Tasker“

• AO 2.0b10 installation works without any recognizable mistakes

• Full optimization with AO, everything switched on/off for minimized workload, only WMI switched on as needed for Acourate Convolver (and MQn by the way)

Result: no recognizable mistakes, clear reduction of processes, threads and handles

Testing Service Tool 2.0 in GUI:

• E) Shell replacement for Total Commander works fine

• F) Autologon works fine

• H) System Info works finei

• Compacting Tool works fine, resulting in a reduction of 600MB

But:

Shell afterwords again normal GUI Shell

• Reset Optimization: works fine

• Switch to Minimal Server: starts but window shuts without result (expected behaviour)

• Switch to Core: starts but window shuts without result (expected behaviour)

• Switch to GUI: start, short window with red text, no more activity follows

Test 2016 TP4 AO 2.0b10 optimized booted as OS in RAM:

• Vhd boots without any issues into RAM

• Acourate Convolver needs, in analogy to R2, new license code due to changed environment

• The differences in SQ are comparable to the one between R2 normally booted vs RAMOS

Phil and his team successfully finished the first steps to an Audiophile Optimizer for the successor of R2. Please be aware that minimal server mode can be reached at this moment in time only by direct installation of TP4 as a minimal server. But the team is working to get this integrated into AO.

My personal goal of a dedicated very, very small Nano server, successor of the R2 core mode, is far more future talk but worked on as well. We will need to wait anyway on MS's updated technical previews as well as on the final content of the final version.

It would be a bit to early from my point of view to talk about sq. As I mentioned before I recognize TP4 as a huge step MS has reached regarding audio handling. The main point you will recognize is the improvement of latency. The following examples will give you an inside that I could reach lowest latency ever in my system now:

Foobar @50ms, FF UCX @64 samples @44,1kHz 16bit

or

Foobar @50ms, JPlay @0,01ms & 700Hz, FF UCX @64 samples @44,1kHz 16bit

Enough details to keep you in the loop, don’t forget to enjoy the music ;)

Take care

Thomas

DIY coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer /// 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter /// Active crossover @ Acourate Convolver & room correction@MC30 /// General 2 PC setup: floating PSU picoless battery & caps/filter powered Bicker DC160W: PC1(Player) - individual stripped MS RamOS with JPlay /// PC2: Server 2016 RamOS - AO 2.0b5 - Acourate Convolver - online convolving & crossover /// Chain: PC1 - USB - F-1 - SPdif coax - Mutec MC3.1+ USB - SPdif coax - FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter - USB - PC2 - FireFace UCX - Adat LWL - Mutec MC-4 - 3 x SPdif coax - D802 Low/ D802 Middle / D802 High - 2 Stereo Lab KWH250 with BMS 4590 plus 2 modified corner subwoofer Abacus ABS210

Hi Thomas,

Nice review.

Phil and his team successfully finished the first steps to an Audiophile Optimizer for the successor of R2. Please be aware that minimal server mode can be reached at this moment in time only by direct installation of TP4 as a minimal server. But the team is working to get this integrated into AO.

Please explain steps to install minimal server mode on Server 2016 TP4?

Please explain steps to install minimal server mode on Server 2016 TP4?

Hi goon-heaven,

the setup wizard will ask you at the beginning of the installation if you want to install

Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview

or

Windows Server Technical Preview (Server with Desktop Experience)

Minimal server will be installed if you choose the first one, the user interface is the command prompt only. There are also other differentiations to the second possibility which comes with the known graphical user interface.

Sometimes MS is talking about TP4 Core but that wording conflicts a bit with the Nano Server being mentioned aus the new core mode. This is more about marketing, isn't it.

You can find more details here:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt427865.aspx

Take care

Thomas

edit: typo

DIY coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer /// 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter /// Active crossover @ Acourate Convolver & room correction@MC30 /// General 2 PC setup: floating PSU picoless battery & caps/filter powered Bicker DC160W: PC1(Player) - individual stripped MS RamOS with JPlay /// PC2: Server 2016 RamOS - AO 2.0b5 - Acourate Convolver - online convolving & crossover /// Chain: PC1 - USB - F-1 - SPdif coax - Mutec MC3.1+ USB - SPdif coax - FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter - USB - PC2 - FireFace UCX - Adat LWL - Mutec MC-4 - 3 x SPdif coax - D802 Low/ D802 Middle / D802 High - 2 Stereo Lab KWH250 with BMS 4590 plus 2 modified corner subwoofer Abacus ABS210