IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer - Windows 10 Beta Thread (BETA PHASE CLOSED!)

AudioPhil

Hi Phil,

same issue happened to me. I missed b16 so come from b15 and tried today to update to b17.

My AudioPC runs in core mode. Running the setup shows the loading bar, next clicking C the window closes by itself, that's it. Doesn't matter if a reset by ST was done before... same result.

Right now did not try on my control PC, since I'm afraid to break my system by getting on system updated and one not.

I still run WS2012R2 on both machines.

Is there a way to get WS2016 without paying too much money? Is it worth to jump from WS2012R2 to WS2016?

Thanks

I'm also coming from beta 15 to beta 17 and have just installed it on my single pc running Windows Server 2012 R2 on core mode without any issues...

You've asked if it is worth to jump from WS2012R2 to WS2016. The thing is that from what I know WS2016 will not offer core mode anymore.

Hi Phil,

same issue happened to me. I missed b16 so come from b15 and tried today to update to b17.

My AudioPC runs in core mode. Running the setup shows the loading bar, next clicking C the window closes by itself, that's it. Doesn't matter if a reset by ST was done before... same result.

Right now did not try on my control PC, since I'm afraid to break my system by getting on system updated and one not.

I still run WS2012R2 on both machines.

Is there a way to get WS2016 without paying too much money? Is it worth to jump from WS2012R2 to WS2016?

Thanks

Thanks for your response AudioAdvanced. I was worried that I had messed things up somehow. Let's hope Phil will be able to provide a solution

Hi

Is it possible that you clicked into the Windows with your mouse? This would cause a "freeze", so avoid using the Mouse inside the command window. The Setup routine is the same ever since, no changes there.

Did anyone else experience any issues during the update from b16 to b17?

Windows 10 and 2012R2 Essen running here. No issues updating from B16 - B17

I'm also coming from beta 15 to beta 17 and have just installed it on my single pc running Windows Server 2012 R2 on core mode without any issues...

You've asked if it is worth to jump from WS2012R2 to WS2016. The thing is that from what I know WS2016 will not offer core mode anymore.

it does offer core mode, but only through direct installation. No more switching between modes :-( Minimal-Server has been removed entirely, very bad story.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Thanks for your response AudioAdvanced. I was worried that I had messed things up somehow. Let's hope Phil will be able to provide a solution

Did you click the mouse inside the window or not? There's definitely nothing wrong with the installer, sorry. The only thing causing a "freeze" is when you click inside the command window.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Did you click the mouse inside the window or not? There's definitely nothing wrong with the installer, sorry. The only thing causing a "freeze" is when you click inside the command window.

When trying to install the upgrade I don't use the mouse at all Phil. I enter the run commands from a command prompt and hit the Enter key. I can't understand why Beta 17 won't install. Beta 16 installs without any problems.

Yes this is very weird. There where no changes inside the installer for a long time. B15/16/17 all the same. I'll have a look via TeamViewer on your machine later on.

A wild stab: Did you try running st -r before the new beta install?

I didn't ... What does that do? (Excuse my lack of knowledge on technical aspects of computer audio!)

Thanks for the suggestion

UPDATE: Just tried it and I now see what it does. I usually choose option A in Service Tool for this. Yes I did try that before installing the new beta

Oh boy... MEA CULPA! :-) i think i found what is causing this in certain cases.

@JazzDoc: i will send you a link (probably tonight) with a hopefully fixed version.

Version 2.00, beta 18

==================================================

AudiophileOptimizer 2.00

- WLAN works with "disable drivers and services" feature enabled (Win 10)

- Update Anti-Spy Feature for Windows 10 (Disables Microsoft Telemetry...)

- Minor Bugfixes & Improvements

- Added WASAPI/MMCSS optimization for Windows 10/Server 2016 TP5

- LockScreen disabled for Windows 10/Server 2016 TP5

- ActionCenter disabled for Windows 10/Server 2016 TP5

- Updated support for RoonServer in GUI/minimal-server & Core Mode

- Added support for Windows 10 Enterprise evaluation & LTSB versions

- Added support for Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 5 Standard

- Added support for Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 5 Datacenter

- Added support for all Windows 10 K & N editions

- Added support for Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition

- Express Mode no longer shows question about RDP and WinRM (all OS)

- WMI no longer stopped after running AO on Windows 10

- AO does no longer remove the icon of the volume control panel

- Several adjustments for Windows 10

- Enables MinimServer in core mode (Server 2012 R2)

- Improvements on Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support (Server 2012 R2)

- Update of the ability to disable Windows Defender (Windows 10)

- Update of the ability to remove OneDrive (Windows 10)

- Questions for OneDrive and Defender removed for Home Edition (Windows 10)

- WMI no longer disabled when exiting AO directly after changing SS/DF (all OS)

- Exit after selecting SS/DF does work again FIX

- Fix for connection issues with SMB1 based NAS devices

ServiceTool 2.00

- ST does not longer show option to switch modes in Windows Server 2016

(since Microsoft removed ability to do so)

- Minor Bugfixes

- UAC enabled after reset via ServiceTool

- No longer offers switch between modes if Windows 10 is detected

- Shell replacement for JRiver Media Center 21

- Shell replacement for MinimServer

- Shell replacement for RoonServer

- Shell replacement for Muso

- Update of the ability to strip down Windows 10 (remove all apps, optional features, etc.)

- Strip down Windows 10 no longer uninstalls Internet Explorer

- Update of Repair Windows 10 feature: Ability to reverse stripping Windows 10

- Restoring Service & driver state no longer possible if already done

Setup 2.00

- Minor Bugfixes

- Several adjustments of the OS Checker module

- Several adjustments of Terms & Conditions message

- Update of the of update notification feature

- Adds Windows 10 God Mode to AO Tools Folder

Hi Phil

I was having the same problem setting up beta 17.

I have now run beta 18 and all is well.

Possibly your Kernel Streaming tweak upped focus and definition a tad.

As always, nice work, Phil. I'm glad you found the issue quickly :)

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

1) maxed out Woo WA2 > Beyerdynamic T1 w/ Forza Noir hybrid cable mod

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

***Audio system powered by two Equi=Core 300 balanced power sources                                                       

Hi Phil

I was having the same problem setting up beta 17.

I have now run beta 18 and all is well.

Possibly your Kernel Streaming tweak upped focus and definition a tad.

As always, nice work, Phil. I'm glad you found the issue quickly :)

What Kernel Streaming tweak is it?

Hello,

Can someone advise please :-) is there a different activation portal url for the Bata versions? as opposed to released version AO 1.30

I'm having an activation problem with the Beta after changing to a new network adapter and I'm wondering if I'm on the right portal.

I've seen mention of beta activation porta,l however I have not sighted the url. I must have used it the first time I activated the beta but it eludes me now.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Hi

yes the current AO beta needs a dedicated activation portal. As Jd7745 said you will find the URL in the Text file "ActivationPortal.txt" inside the ZIP file.

Best,

Phil

Phil,

Are there gonna be an upgrade path for 1.40 AO (Win 2012) users, or do you plan to sell separate, full price licences to those that already bought the AO ?

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

Hi Adam

New full licenses for current AO customers? No, there will be two upgrade paths available.

One for those on 1.30/1.40 and a second one for those few still on 1.26 or older.

If one buys AO 1.40 (meaning May 2016 or later) via our homepage, the upgrade for AO 2.00 will be free of charge.

Best,

Phil