IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer - Windows 10 Beta Thread (BETA PHASE CLOSED!)

AudioPhil

Phil: On my 2-pc Jplay setup, I had Process Lasso and Fidelizer running before I installed AO beta. Once I did that, PL and Fidelizer disappear from the Task Manager, is that expected, some say no on Jplay forum.

Then I tried to reinstall PL, and it gives me "Error saving task: 80041319 EFFECT: Cannot set Process Lasso to start at login with elevated rights". And then few more errors.

And when installing Fidelizer, after re-start it gives Error: The file c:\Windows\Temp\pid.txt could not be opened.

I have asked at PL Jplay forum and I am not getting a definite answer. Can you suggest something. Thanks.

Phil: On my 2-pc Jplay setup, I had Process Lasso and Fidelizer running before I installed AO beta. Once I did that, PL and Fidelizer disappear from the Task Manager, is that expected, some say no on Jplay forum.

Then I tried to reinstall PL, and it gives me "Error saving task: 80041319 EFFECT: Cannot set Process Lasso to start at login with elevated rights". And then few more errors.

And when installing Fidelizer, after re-start it gives Error: The file c:\Windows\Temp\pid.txt could not be opened.

I have asked at PL Jplay forum and I am not getting a definite answer. Can you suggest something. Thanks.

It seems to have something to do with admin rights. Please try this tweak I suggested in Fidelizer website.

Unlocking native app performance by disabling UAC completely | Fidelizer

Regards,

Windows X

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com

Phil,

after being the guy who ran the Windows 10 poll, and struggling with my nowdead Caps Zuma WS2012R2 issues I am now fully operational on my brand new Jussi-like Windows 10 Pro build for my HQPlayer machine (i7 6700k with GeForce 860 card for CUDA support and Mellanox fiber card, 32GB DDR4ram, etc). So AO 2.0 beta 15 here I come, finally.

Questions/issues before I install:

1) As with WS2012 R2 I found that having AO remove as much as comfortably possible was the best sq, of course. However, this time I need HQplayer (using Roon as front end on same machine or maybe from Synology install) to see my graphics card for CUDA (GPU) processing offloading. What level of optimization should I stay away from (i.e will "strip down" or "remove all drivers" hurt me)? My dac(s) are connected to NAA, so no dac drivers on this machine.

2) I will test auto-lock disabling because I notice that when I now leave a remote desktop session my monitor (which is there for testing and bios tweaking only, as it is about to be eliminated as I plan to run this headless) shows I need a password. I have "users require a password" unchecked in the user account screen but for auto-lock the password acts as the unlock key! Strangely enough Remtoe desktop still gets through the seond time,even if auto lock is showing on monitor, so maybe it's not a big deal.

Indeed. The final AO 2.00 release will be handed out to a first batch of users very soon. The beta is in its closing phase, the guide is beeing finished within the next weeks. Still a bit to wait but ots coming soon :-)

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

hi

do a reset via ServiceTool before you try re-installing anything.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Phil,

Could you implement Roonbrige in core mode ?

I had no problem with minimal server mode but i had the following message in core mode:

"the exception unknown software exception (Oxe0434352) occured in the application at location Ox7c2d68d8".

Roon can be on the NAS now, many can recycle the PC server in Endpoint.

Regards,

No, you did not understand my question.

did you run AO again after switching to Core Mode and sad yes to the question: "Install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer" ?

i assume you forgot that very important step.

Phil,

after being the guy who ran the Windows 10 poll, and struggling with my nowdead Caps Zuma WS2012R2 issues I am now fully operational on my brand new Jussi-like Windows 10 Pro build for my HQPlayer machine (i7 6700k with GeForce 860 card for CUDA support and Mellanox fiber card, 32GB DDR4ram, etc). So AO 2.0 beta 15 here I come, finally.

Questions/issues before I install:

1) As with WS2012 R2 I found that having AO remove as much as comfortably possible was the best sq, of course. However, this time I need HQplayer (using Roon as front end on same machine or maybe from Synology install) to see my graphics card for CUDA (GPU) processing offloading. What level of optimization should I stay away from (i.e will "strip down" or "remove all drivers" hurt me)? My dac(s) are connected to NAA, so no dac drivers on this machine.

2) I will test auto-lock disabling because I notice that when I now leave a remote desktop session my monitor (which is there for testing and bios tweaking only, as it is about to be eliminated as I plan to run this headless) shows I need a password. I have "users require a password" unchecked in the user account screen but for auto-lock the password acts as the unlock key! Strangely enough Remtoe desktop still gets through the seond time,even if auto lock is showing on monitor, so maybe it's not a big deal.

Hi Phil,

Same predicament here! Can you lead the blind?

hi

do a reset via ServiceTool before you try re-installing anything.

Phil: I think my question is if one wants to use all three. Process Lasso, Fidelizer and AO, what should be the sequence of installation. I have tried to install AO first followed by PL and Fidelizer, and another time PL, Fidelizer and AO at the end, and I get error messages in both instances. My question to you is how to make them all work together (if they all do good together). On JPlay forum many are using all three, so I would like to give it a shot. Thanks.

Hi

1. install (just run setup.exe) AO, do not yet run it

2. Install Process Lasso, configure it

3. install Fidelizer, configure it

4. Run AO

5. Run ServiceTool to set Fidelizer Pro as Shell Replacement

hope that helps,

Phil

Update: strip down Windows 10 (a service tool option) is a no-brainer and leaves all the basic apps intact but removes all the hundreds of extraneous Win10 clutter. No negative effect at all. Haven't yet dared to try "remove all drivers" AO option. Will report back. Auto lock still shows password entry screen on monitor when done with RDC session but I don't care cuz RDC starts up fine again. Weirdly, RDC setup has my username and pwd saved but "other user" flashes on the session at first, a second before I get my remote desktop viewable.

Hi

sorry, i don't understand the question. What exactly is the challenge?

To summarize my post, which I updated 2 min ago with another, is: since I may rely on CUDA processing offloading in HQPlayer (GeForce 960) will "disable all drivers" AO option stifle that?

Phil,

Could you implement Roonbrige in core mode ?

I had no problem with minimal server mode but i had the following message in core mode:

"the exception unknown software exception (Oxe0434352) occured in the application at location Ox7c2d68d8".

Roon can be on the NAS now, many can recycle the PC server in Endpoint.

Regards,

Ral

That has nothing to do with AO but RoonBridge in Server 2012 R2 Core Mode with or without AO. They know about it BUT think the answer lies in installing Media Essential files which it doesn't.

I don't expect Roon to spend much time on the issue as it is not their priority to get RoonBridge or any Roon product operating in Core mode of server. I just went to AO Win 10 for the time being. Don't waste your time. I have wasted enough for all involved.

Update: strip down Windows 10 (a service tool option) is a no-brainer and leaves all the basic apps intact but removes all the hundreds of extraneous Win10 clutter. No negative effect at all. Haven't yet dared to try "remove all drivers" AO option. Will report back. Auto lock still shows password entry screen on monitor when done with RDC session but I don't care cuz RDC starts up fine again. Weirdly, RDC setup has my username and pwd saved but "other user" flashes on the session at first, a second before I get my remote desktop viewable.

Hi

Yes this is by design of Microsoft. as soon as you enter an RDP session, your "local" session will show the lock screen. As long as you are using Microsoft RDP, you have to live with that. If you would switch to let's say VNC or TeamViewer or something similar, you might get around this. but i recommend to stick with MS RDP for various reasons.

To summarize my post, which I updated 2 min ago with another, is: since I may rely on CUDA processing offloading in HQPlayer (GeForce 960) will "disable all drivers" AO option stifle that?

i don't think so. But i have no CUDA GPU at hand, so you will let me know once you tried it :)

Ral

That has nothing to do with AO but RoonBridge in Server 2012 R2 Core Mode with or without AO. They know about it BUT think the answer lies in installing Media Essential files which it doesn't.

I don't expect Roon to spend much time on the issue as it is not their priority to get RoonBridge or any Roon product operating in Core mode of server. I just went to AO Win 10 for the time being. Don't waste your time. I have wasted enough for all involved.

I agree. But it would still be interesting to hear what happens if he installs Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support of AO. Even without wsemp.exe, this should already do the trick.

Quick weirdism: not sure if this has to do with Windows 10 Pro and RDC or my Service Tool step of "strip down Windows 10" but now when I access my new build via RDC I cannot reboot my computer. Hitting the "power" menu item in the start Window simply gives me a "disconnect" which, of course, simply disconencts the RDC session. Any ideas? Any other ways to reboot remotely?