IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer - Windows 10 Beta Thread (BETA PHASE CLOSED!)

AudioPhil

Version 2.00, beta 13

================================================================================

AudiophileOptimizer 2.00

- WLAN works with "disable drivers and services" feature enabled (Win 10)

- Updated Anti-Spy Feature for Windows 10 (Disables Microsoft Telemetry...)

- Minor Bugfixes

- Added WASAPI/MMCSS optimization for Windows 10/Server 2016 TP4

- LockScreen disabled for Windows 10/Server 2016 TP4

- ActionCenter disabled for Windows 10/Server 2016 TP4

- Updated support for RoonServer in GUI/minimal-server & Core Mode

(No need to install Essentials Experience & Media Pack anymore)

- Added support for Windows 10 Enterprise evaluation & LTSB versions

- Added support for Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4

- Added support for Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4 (non-Standard)

- Added support for all Windows 10 K & N editions

- Express Mode no longer shows question about RDP and WinRM (all OS)

- WMI no longer stopped after running AO on Windows 10

- AO does no longer remove the icon of the volume control panel

- Several adjustments for Windows 10

- Enables MinimServer in core mode (Server 2012 R2)

- Improvements on Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support (Server 2012 R2)

- Update of the ability to disable Windows Defender (Windows 10)

- Update of the ability to remove OneDrive (Windows 10)

- Questions for OneDrive and Defender removed for Home Edition (Windows 10)

- WMI no longer disabled when exiting AO directly after changing SS/DF (all OS)

- Exit after selecting SS/DF does work again FIX

- Fix for connection issues with SMB1 based NAS devices

ServiceTool 2.00

- ST does not longer show option to switch modes in Windows Server 2016

(since Microsoft removed possibility to do so)

- Minor Bugfixes

- UAC enabled after reset via ServiceTool

- No longer offers switch between modes if Windows 10 is detected

- Shell replacement for JRiver Media Center 21

- Shell replacement for MinimServer

- Shell replacement for RoonServer

- Shell replacement for Muso

- Update of the ability to strip down Windows 10 (remove all apps, optional features, etc.)

- Strip down Windows 10 no longer uninstalls Internet Explorer

- Update of Restore Windows 10 feature: Ability to reverse stripping Windows 10

- Restoring Service & driver state no longer possible if already done

Setup 2.00

- Minor Bugfixes

- Update of the of update notification feature

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Phil - hope you are well. I am patiently waiting for 2.0 release (didn't feel I could devote the proper attention to be worthy of beta testing given work and life demands right now), however, given some of the beta highlights, I think my current plan on how I will use it is not covered.

I currently use Roonserver on a W10 office computer, along with HQPlayer on the same machine, and stream to a Linux NAA in my music room. I would like to use my CAPSv3 Zuma, running WS2012 Essentials in core with Roonserver and HQPlayer streaming to same Linux NAA. To do so, Roonserver needs to be started on power up and HQPlayer needs to be the shell replacement (in case the NAA is not seen or settings are incorrect)

I see Roonserver is supported as shell replacement, but Roonserver is a headless appliance so that seems not to be of value? Can you have 2.0 start Roonserver and have HQPlayer be the shell replacement?

Thanks,

Jordan

Synology NAS -> Quadcore i7, 3.8GHz -> RoonServer -> HQPlayer (all up sampled to DSD128) -> Sonore urendu (Uptone JS2 PS) -> Lampizator Golden Gate DAC -> Valvet A4 Monoblocks -> Zu Audio Definitions Mk4

Hi

yes this is possible, but not needed for most users. You need to creat a batch file which starts both HQplayer and RoonServer. Then set this batch as shell via registry, will work fine.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi

yes this is possible, but not needed for most users. You need to creat a batch file which starts both HQplayer and RoonServer. Then set this batch as shell via registry, will work fine.

Great! Thanks, Phil. Are we getting close to the 2.0 release?

Synology NAS -> Quadcore i7, 3.8GHz -> RoonServer -> HQPlayer (all up sampled to DSD128) -> Sonore urendu (Uptone JS2 PS) -> Lampizator Golden Gate DAC -> Valvet A4 Monoblocks -> Zu Audio Definitions Mk4

The beta is on a very good way. "Problem" is i still have lots of good ideas i want to pack in, be it for Windows 10 or Server 2012. AO 2.00 must be worth its upgrade price, i'll have to make that 100% sure.

Wlan card is not disabled, but it could not find my wlan, while if I do a service tool run (reenabling all drivers and services) it could find my wlan.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24548[/ATTACH]

hI

Now all OK with B13 and WLAN?

Best,

Phil

Hi Phil,

I have been trying to get Foobar2000 to work in core mode (windows server 2012 R2) but once in core mode the Foobar shell will not show.

Jock

Music Server: Caps v3, ssd, ppa usb3 v2 card, external usb hdd, Keces Powersupply,Windows Server 2016, JRiver, audio optimizer. DAC: Teac UD-501. Amplifier: SSE tube amb with Class D L15D Amps for lower frequencies Mini DSP Open Baffle Tangband w8-1808 and double Emminence Alpha15 Cables: Signal Cable USA, Chord silverplus usb.

Did you install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support?

Yes, I did it once again to be sure.

In Gui Foobar works fine together with MonkeymoteHD

In core after startup the screen is black and shows: In the 'box' ADministrator:c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe the following: c:\users\administrator>

Then I tried to set the shell to foobar once more from core. This results in a full black screen with cursor.

On the pics the running processes in core and after setting the shell to foobar again in core.

Hope this provides usefull information

Jock

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Music Server: Caps v3, ssd, ppa usb3 v2 card, external usb hdd, Keces Powersupply,Windows Server 2016, JRiver, audio optimizer. DAC: Teac UD-501. Amplifier: SSE tube amb with Class D L15D Amps for lower frequencies Mini DSP Open Baffle Tangband w8-1808 and double Emminence Alpha15 Cables: Signal Cable USA, Chord silverplus usb.

1. Switch to Core using ServiceTool, reboot

2. Run AO and say Yes to "Install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support"

3. Set Foobar as Shell using ServiceTool

4. Configure "Autologon" using ServiceTool (optional)

5. Reboot and enjoy

Solved, for both Foobar as JRiver, thanks for you patience Phil.

Jock

fellow beta testers

please try playing some MP3/AAC sound files through roon for testing stability. Please save some files on a local drive and put some other (or the same) files on a network share (NAS).

Please report back if you encounter any crashes of roon. It also important to report back when you get no crashes (locally stored or network stored example files). I also need to know if you have the essentials role and media pack installed or if you used AO (b12/b13) to make roon work on server 2012 R2 without installing essentials experience and media pack.

please try all possible constellations if possible and report back here in the thread as detailed as you can. Please download AO 2.00 beta 14 from the beta download portal, run setup.exe to update to b14 then run AO and don't forget to say yes to "Install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support".

thanks for your help,

Phil

Yes, it's a feature called "OS Checker". It makes sure AO is only installed on supported operating systems.

What is Windows 10 "single language"? What is the language you are using, french?

Hello

Can anyone please post some feedback about MP3/AAC playback with Roon on Server 2012 R2 with AO 2.00 Beta 14 using "Install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support" instead of installing the essentials role and adding the windows essentials media pack?

Thanks,

Phil

I just installed AO 2.0 B14 and did the following:

ST - reset optimization

Install b14 after reboot (just hit setup)

ST - Strip down W10

Check ST and exit

Run AO

Ultimate mode, 1B

Remove OneDrive, disable Windows defender, enable anti-spy, disable SEHOP, use WASAPI Optimization, disable scsi, enable USB opt, disable drivers and services, no to disable Remote Desktop and remote management, use USBPAL, no trim.

Rebooted and run Roon.

I converted some files to AIF and MP3 and played them with no apparent problem.

Will try going to Core mode, enabling KS and doing same.