IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer - Windows 10 Beta Thread (BETA PHASE CLOSED!)

AudioPhil

To give some here a comparison in just hiw good a win server with Phils magic added. I also own a 14K msb server . This compare to my ref server running win2012 and Phils AO . There is no better it's a dead heat the most I can hear is a slight tonal difference with my server being less Brite but keep,in mind neither is Brite but very clean clear and analog in sound when great music is played . This is with Jriver . Next up is ROon and bug head .

Hi Alrainbow

What version of AO beta are you using, what version of TIDAL do you have installed? I just updated TIDAL to the latest version and set it as Shell replacement. Then switched my test machine into Core mode, ran AO and installed KS & Media Player etc, reboot and voilà TIDAL works fine.

TIDAL.png

Can anybody else please confirm working or not working TIDAL (version as shown in screenshot) with AO 2.00 b19?

Best,

Phil

P.S. The Mytek driver does not work reliably in core mode, unfortunately.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi Alrainbow

What version of AO beta are you using, what version of TIDAL do you have installed? I just updated TIDAL to the latest version and set it as Shell replacement. Then switched my test machine into Core mode, ran AO and installed KS & Media Player etc, reboot and voilà TIDAL works fine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26644[/ATTACH]

Can anybody else please confirm working or not working TIDAL (version as shown in screenshot) with AO 2.00 b19?

Best,

Phil

P.S. The Mytek driver does not work reliably in core mode, unfortunately.

The newest version of Tidal (as shown in the screenshot) did not work on my dual streamer setup with AO 2.00 B18. I will try B19 soon to confirm that version as well. For the time being I rolled back to an older version of Tidal (with the grey UI) and that works.

Mobile: iPhone 6s 128Gb > Chord Hugo > Shure 846

Stereo: PPA dual streamer setup with JPlay and AO > Lampizator Golden Gate SE > Classe Omega Preamp MKII > 2xNord On UP NC500DM > Linkwitz LX521

Hi

In terms of TIDAL (or media player support in general) there are no changes between b18 and b19.

What exactly means "does not work", you mean TIDAL with JPLAY? yDo ou know that you need some additional piece of software like VB-Audio ASIO Bridge? TIDAL does not support Kernel-Streaming, only WASAPI.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, but Jriver has Kernel-Streaming support. TIDAL does not. You need to switch to minimal-server mode so you can select a proper output device in the TIDAL config.

Hi

In terms of TIDAL (or media player support in general) there are no changes between b18 and b19.

What exactly means "does not work", you mean TIDAL with JPLAY? yDo ou know that you need some additional piece of software like VB-Audio ASIO Bridge? TIDAL does not support Kernel-Streaming, only WASAPI.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the additional information. When I start Tidal I get the error message that there is a DLL file missing ( MFPLat.DLL). After adding this file manually, I got the error message mfreadwrite.dll was missing. When I tried to add that one manually as well, I got a different error.

What I tried so far is enabling all services, reinstalling Tidal and run AO again. I will try this again tonight.

I know TIDAL does not support KS, so I am using ASIO Bridge which runs fine.

Stereo: PPA dual streamer setup with JPlay and AO > Lampizator Golden Gate SE > Classe Omega Preamp MKII > 2xNord On UP NC500DM > Linkwitz LX521

Mfplat -> you did not run ao and say yes to "install Ks and media player support".

This will NOT work with AO 1.40, only 2.00 and up.

Mfplat -> you did not run ao and say yes to "install Ks and media player support".

This will NOT work with AO 1.40, only 2.00 and up.

Hi Phil,

To be honest I doubt that. Otherwise JPlay would not function with KS right? I made a screenshot of the JPlay setup screen to confirm it does play KS:

jplay.png

Hi

not exactly. Depends on JPLAY dual-PC or not. You don't need in ControlPC, but on AudioPC.

But the important question is, what AO version are you using?

Don't get mad , i did try minimal and even made tidal the shell no sound but video works and j river worked fine As well but no tidal . Also,I see no option to pick audio output in tidal , only option I see is is OS audio I also tried tidal,from chrome as well as app on server . All seems to work fine no errors , but no sound. I cannot get to sound card options in control panel either .

Is it possible I have a bug, I have installed many versionsof the beta and presently on 19.

When I was using audio optimiser version 1.40 there was noproblem at all and it worked perfectly. The original set up was a control PC withWindows 10 connecting via Jplay on dedicated network adapters to the audio PC server2012R2 Jplay and audio optimiser 1.40 (all was working perfectly)

There are a few new things in the mix. I had to make myaudio PC Dual boot PC with both server 2012R2 and Windows 10 pro. Since I wasrebuilding the server 2012 R2I also upgraded that to the audio optimiserversion 2.

The problem seems to have come into existence when I firststarted doing the trial, and the problem has stayed throughout each version I’vetried. I have not bought this up any earlier through thinking it could be apossible problem with my setup, and it still could be! any help would beappreciated at the moment to help me solve this problem - many hours have goneon to investigation and troubleshooting withoutfinding the root cause to the problem.

My problem is, everything plays fine for some time. Then allof a sudden I will get no sound. It hasn’t stopped playing during a track.

1. But hasstopped when I changed to another track on another album

2. Or if no music was playing and my system hadbeen idle after an album had finished, and I went to play another album. No soundwould be heard

3. Interesting points I can see in task managernetwork utilisation as expected for the size of the sound file being played andall so CPU utilisation.

4. If I changed to another album that had adifferent resolution you can see the PS audio DAC follow the change to the newresolution to be played.

5. If I reboot my DAC sound would be restored. If Ireboot my PC this does not restore sound. It almost looks like it was a problemwith the deck but I’m not that certain that that is the case.

This is getting very tricky, Phil, have you got any ideasplease

I was going to roll back - reinstall 1.40 But then it said I could notdowngrade. I will need to blow the later version 19 .200 away not really a problem. would there be something else for me to try beforedoing so

Thanks

Just finished up installing AO beta19 on win10. I had some experience with the 2012 version so I had already been through the motions of the installation process. On the 2012 build I was never able to get my ethernet connected but after little effort had my wireless linked up in no time. It was painful for example waiting for a Nvidia driver update to download without the ethernet, and on many others the files ended up being corrupted. This of course didn't have anything to do with AO, but lets just say it was nice installing it on my Win10 build without a hitch.

I have been using HQplayer w/Roon for quite a while, but wasn't able to get Roon to open in shell. HQ opened up on first try, but after strugging for a couple hours, I gave up on Roon Server, and just installed it on my Mac Mini and use my fiber optic ethernet to make the link.

Sound is awesome. I have been thinking about the Urendu, and although I seriously don't think it can better the AO setup, I probably will get one anyway out of curiosity.

For reference my system:

Intel i6700, 4.0 ghz, 32gb ram, Nvidia 980ti, Jcat usb powered by Uptone JS-2, Intona industrial, Wyred4sound rur powered by elCheapo, all EnKlein David USB, interconnects and speaker cables > Lampi GG > ASR Emitter > Vivid G2.

Just finished up installing AO beta19 on win10. I had some experience with the 2012 version so I had already been through the motions of the installation process. On the 2012 build I was never able to get my ethernet connected but after little effort had my wireless linked up in no time. It was painful for example waiting for a Nvidia driver update to download without the ethernet, and on many others the files ended up being corrupted. This of course didn't have anything to do with AO, but lets just say it was nice installing it on my Win10 build without a hitch.

I have been using HQplayer w/Roon for quite a while, but wasn't able to get Roon to open in shell. HQ opened up on first try, but after strugging for a couple hours, I gave up on Roon Server, and just installed it on my Mac Mini and use my fiber optic ethernet to make the link.

Sound is awesome. I have been thinking about the Urendu, and although I seriously don't think it can better the AO setup, I probably will get one anyway out of curiosity.

For reference my system:

Intel i6700, 4.0 ghz, 32gb ram, Nvidia 980ti, Jcat usb powered by Uptone JS-2, Intona industrial, Wyred4sound rur powered by elCheapo, all EnKlein David USB, interconnects and speaker cables > Lampi GG > ASR Emitter > Vivid G2.

Elescher, great system.

I have been using the AO beta on an i7 Win10 machine, running Roon and HQPlayer and sending to a microRendu as NAA. It's really, really nice, and better than anything I've had hooked up to my DACs up to this point.

I'm not sure whether the microRendu would allow you to do DSD256 or not...

In case anyone is wondering, I think AO makes a significant positive difference even when it's running only on the "control pc."

If I may ask you some questions about your golden gate.

Is it SE or BAL. what tubes are you running

Sure... The GG is SE. Last month I got the Takatsuki 274b that replaced the EML 5u4g. I've had the EML 300b driver tubes since I got the DAC just under a year.

The Tak tube is everything and more of what everyone says. Costs a lot!, but I am very happy with the improvements in providing aditional overthetop "suspended belief".

Unfortunately the Urendu won't do 256, which is why I am waiting to order it. Who knows when Amanero will provide the new update that will be compatible with Linux. The system is sounding so on spot now that I am really in no hurry. BTW, I forgot to mention that I am also running Process Lasso pro, and am using external PSU on my OS drive.

Thanks for the reply

my lampi does dsd 256 there is not much more added over dsd128. As I know how you feel but if it was me I would not bother waiting lol.

Do you have r2r PCM ? That is something to have now.

also I never liked the rec 5u4 I liked the eml mesh 274B better. The tak is a very nice tube also.

AudiophileOptimizer 2.00 b20

- WLAN works with "disable drivers and services" feature enabled (Win 10)

- Update Anti-Spy Feature for Windows 10 (Disables Microsoft Telemetry...)

- Minor Bugfixes & Improvements

- Added WASAPI/MMCSS optimization for Windows 10/Server 2016 TP5

- LockScreen disabled for Windows 10/Server 2016 TP5

- ActionCenter disabled for Windows 10/Server 2016 TP5

- Updated support for RoonServer in GUI & minimal-server mode

- Added support for Windows 10 Enterprise evaluation & LTSB versions

- Added support for Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 5 Standard

- Added support for Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 5 Datacenter

- Added support for all Windows 10 K & N editions

- Added support for Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition

- Express Mode no longer shows question about RDP and WinRM (all OS)

- WMI no longer stopped after running AO on Windows 10

- AO does no longer remove the icon of the volume control panel

- Several adjustments for Windows 10

- Enables MinimServer in core mode (Server 2012 R2)

- Enables Roon & RoonServer in minimal-server mode (incl. MP3!)

- Enables TIDAL in core and minimal-server mode (TIDAL 2016 Software)

- Improvements on Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support (Server 2012 R2)

- Update of the ability to disable Windows Defender (Windows 10)

- Update of the ability to remove OneDrive (Windows 10)

- Questions for OneDrive and Defender removed for Home Edition (Windows 10)

- WMI no longer disabled when exiting AO directly after changing SS/DF (all OS)

- Exit after selecting SS/DF does work again FIX

- Fix for connection issues with SMB1 based NAS devices

ServiceTool 2.00

- ST does not longer show option to switch modes in Windows Server 2016

(since Microsoft removed ability to do so)

- Minor Bugfixes

- UAC enabled after reset via ServiceTool

- No longer offers switch between modes if Windows 10 is detected

- Shell replacement for JRiver Media Center 21

- FIX Shell replacement for MinimServer

- Shell replacement for RoonServer

- Shell replacement for Muso

- Update of the ability to strip down Windows 10 (remove all apps, optional features, etc.)

- Strip down Windows 10 no longer uninstalls Internet Explorer

- Update of Repair Windows 10 feature: Ability to reverse stripping Windows 10

- Restoring Service & driver state no longer possible if already done

Setup 2.00

- Update of the PDF Guide

- Minor Bugfixes

- Several adjustments of the OS Checker module

- Several adjustments of Terms & Conditions message

- Update of the of update notification feature

- Adds Windows 10 God Mode to AO Tools Folder

- The latest TIDAL Software does not only load up now, it also plays music using WASAPI Devices in minimal-server mode.

- RoonServer does no longer crash when it detects MP3 or AAC files (local or network stored):

MP3_Roon_2.png

(red markings show storage with MP3 only)

- Roon is now even able to play back MP3 through RoonServer in GUI & minimal-server mode (without installing Server Essentials Role and MediaPack etc.)

MP3_Roon.png

Phil there is always more to be had in our audio world and if it were not for you we would have far less of it.

My ss amps are warming up using my CUST server all Batteries that you helped me pick parts out for. Simply amazing in the reality of the music playing right here. I'll say it again you have improved it once again. I have another server I'll do a compare at some point. Tidal works fine with my lampi but my Msb did work and now is there but does not link. More to play as it did a min ago. Tidal audio quality but it's obvious my own sacd rips are better. Glad Ina way as tidal is a very good sound for red book. Dead silence behind the music.