IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

The Uptone audio JS-2 is likely a great match as a power supply for this DAC.

Not electronically savvy. Anyone have a sense of the relative merits (irrespective of price) of various linear PS designs that I am aware of...

1) UPTONE JS-2 Linear Power Supply – UpTone Audio ($925)

2) HDPLEX HDPLEX Fanless Linear Power Supply for PC Audio and CE device ($395)

3) KECES KECES PRODUCTS (english) ($499)

4) TEDDY PARDO Teddy5/3 - 5V 3A Power Supply | TeddyPardo ($369) THOUGH IT LOOKS TO BE UNDERPOWERED FOR BROOKLYN UNLESS CUSTOM ORDERED

Recognize that there are a few designs at $50-100 out there as well.

Not electronically savvy. Anyone have a sense of the relative merits (irrespective of price) of various linear PS designs that I am aware of...

4) TEDDY PARDO Teddy5/3 - 5V 3A Power Supply | TeddyPardo ($369) THOUGH IT LOOKS TO BE UNDERPOWERED FOR BROOKLYN UNLESS CUSTOM ORDERED

Here is a source for a different version of the Sigma 11 LPS used here. Approximately $350 - $400 with 50 volt amps. You have to write them for a quote.

http://www.ybmaudio.com/products.html

The choke filtered JS-2 is the best power supply on your list.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

If you are going Teddy Pardo, this is the one you'd want for the Brooklyn a $414:

Teddy12/4 - 12V 4.5A Power Supply | Power Supplies | TeddyPardo

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

All these external powers use different parts, I assume. And so they all behave differently in terms of depth, stereo picture, room reverberation, micro details and involvement. Even dynamics may be influenced. It is so very well possible that some of them don't sound any better than the internal power of the Brooklyn.

Marc

I got the previous gen Clones for the macmini & it's been exc. But this current price would mean I'd prob go for the Uptone -

CLONES audio.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

While I've never tried any of these LPS, so can't speak about the quality, I'd be very tempted by the HDPlex simply in terms of cost and functionality (5 outputs 19v/12v/9v/5v x 2, with the 9v also adjustable from 7.5-19.5v, and the 12v capable of up to 7A)...

Mac Mini > RME ADI-2 DAC > Hypex Ncore monoblocks > ATC SCM-11 speakers & C1 subwoofer

While I've never tried any of these LPS, so can't speak about the quality, I'd be very tempted by the HDPlex simply in terms of cost and functionality (5 outputs 19v/12v/9v/5v x 2, with the 9v also adjustable from 7.5-19.5v, and the 12v capable of up to 7A)...

+1 Considering that Mytek recommends 7A, if not 14A, I would agree unless you do some sort of battery rig. That would be outside my toolbox.

The Clones Audio Power Station (mac mini spec) DOES do 7.5A but there appears to be only 1 output...and little support documentation that I could see.

I am almost ready to buy the Mytek Brooklyn... just waiting for MQA update. I love the look of the DAC though not heard it yet... will do so before final purchase. I'd like some advice from the experts if possible. I am looking to pair it with a Rega ELEX-R or a Cambridge Audio 851A. For an amp my budget is about £1000. The Rega would be connected via RCA (doe snot have XLR) but the CA could be connected by balanced XLR. Is this much of a concern in the decision making process? I am also open to other options. I MIGHT even push to something like the ELICIT-R but it would have to be a lot better than the ELEX-R for the price differential. I am going to do some listening of the Rega's at Music Matters.

A black one I ordered is on its way.

It should arrive next week.

How long a burn in period do you think it will it require?

PS BTW this is my first post here at CA. Hope to learn the lot from you guys!

Octavius: How long ago did you order your Brooklyn? It has been exactly one month since I placed my order, and am still waiting on mine.

Octavius: How long ago did you order your Brooklyn? It has been exactly one month since I placed my order, and am still waiting on mine.

I got one that was ordered by a buyer who changed his mind and went for the Manhattan.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.-

Groucho Marx

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what the size the DC plug for the Brooklyn needs to be? I'm about to order an HDPlex LPS and I want to make sure I ask for the right size termination on the cable.

Thanks!

Posts 471-472and 473 should help you out. They say 2.5mm input and I think that's the ID and the OD is 5.5mm. A very common barrel connector.

John Withem

Proprietor

JW Audio.

http://www.jwaudio.net/default.html

Hi Folks,

When I attempt to play DSD files via USB from my PC, Jriver will only play through the Brooklyn if the output encoding option is set to "none". In which case the Brooklyn display shows 16 bit 44.1 khz. When I attempt to select a DSD option in the Jriver output encoding menu Jriver messages that the hardware does not support the format.

I'm pretty new to all of this. If anyone has experience with Jriver/computer audio and can give me some guidance I would appreciate it.

Besides this issue, I've been sourcing PCM through the PC via USB (stored files and Spotiy streams) and also through an Oppo 103 via Toslink and RCA without any problems.

Which firmware and Asio driver versions are you running?

I have DSD64 and 128, running fine here from AudioLinux with DOP. Native DSD should be running in a day or two.

Thanks, found out I just needed to set Audio Device to Mytek USB Audio (ASIO). Now it's running the DSD64 files fine.

Just wondering if anyone is using a Mytek Brooklyn with HQplayer? Preferred settings for PCM and DSD? I have plenty of power to use any filter to DSD256.

Thanks!

Robert

Software: Roon/HQplayer; System I: Roon Server/HQplayer DSD 512 Upsampling, Custom Windows 10 PC/AO, LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; Holo Cyan DAC; VPI Scout 2 Turntable, Soundsmith Boheme, TTW Clamps and Carbon Matt; Cary SLP-98P Preamp; Van Alstine FET 600 Poweramp;  Aerial Acoustics 6T loudspeakers, SVS SB13 Ultra Subwoofers. System II: Custom PC with Signalyst Linux HQplayer NAA; LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; IFI Micro iDSD Black Label; Primaluna Dialogue 2 with Tung Sol KT-150; Paradigm Studio 20 v3 monitors on Custom Mapleshade stands. Cables: Moon Audio, LUSH, Kimber Kable, Mapleshade, LARRY custom.

I've been waiting three weeks. They charged my credit card in full when I placed the order. Then Michal promised me ten days ago that it would ship that day or the next. Still no sign of it, and total radio silence. Perhaps I misunderstood—I thought Mytek was a real company, not a Kickstarter campaign.

I've been waiting three weeks. They charged my credit card in full when I placed the order. Then Michal promised me ten days ago that it would ship that day or the next. Still no sign of it, and total radio silence. Perhaps I misunderstood—I thought Mytek was a real company, not a Kickstarter campaign.

I ordered/paid on January 9. I tried via email a couple of times to get info, but didn't get a response. I called on Friday and talked to Michal who said it had already shipped (in fact it was in the mail carrier's truck as we spoke). Headed to the post office on Tuesday to pick it up. They are direct shipping from Poland.

Software: Roon/HQplayer; System I: Roon Server/HQplayer DSD 512 Upsampling, Custom Windows 10 PC/AO, LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; Holo Cyan DAC; VPI Scout 2 Turntable, Soundsmith Boheme, TTW Clamps and Carbon Matt; Cary SLP-98P Preamp; Van Alstine FET 600 Poweramp;  Aerial Acoustics 6T loudspeakers, SVS SB13 Ultra Subwoofers. System II: Custom PC with Signalyst Linux HQplayer NAA; LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; IFI Micro iDSD Black Label; Primaluna Dialogue 2 with Tung Sol KT-150; Paradigm Studio 20 v3 monitors on Custom Mapleshade stands. Cables: Moon Audio, LUSH, Kimber Kable, Mapleshade, LARRY custom.

Please will everyone stop ordering this magnificant Mytek Brooklyn? Mytek is a real company but a small one, with very nice and hard working people on board, no doubt. But the huge demand for this DAC is in fact disturbing the sincere wish of the oh so lucky owners of the Brooklyn for the ultimate firmware update. You know it: the MQA activation.

The Meridian stuff has it for more than a week already!!!!

Mqarc

Please will everyone stop ordering this magnificant Mytek Brooklyn? Mytek is a real company but a small one, with very nice and hard working people on board, no doubt. But the huge demand for this DAC is in fact disturbing the sincere wish of the oh so lucky owners of the Brooklyn for the ultimate firmware update. You know it: the MQA activation.

The Meridian stuff has it for more than a week already!!!!

Mqarc

I doubt the number of DACs being ordered has much to do with whether the MQA'd firmware is ready. It's a software issue, so probably different people working on it than those making the actual DACs. In addition, didn't Mytek say part of the holdup was approval by Meridian of Mytek's implementation?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I had the music system is mac to active speakers (dynaudio dbm50) dynaudio dbm50 increase controls a group of original sound, the current increases mytek brooklyn dac music system using usb cable instead imac link mytek brooklyn dac then rca cable link to dynaudio dbm50! sound than before but no mytek brooklyn dac time worse! there is a lot of noise from the sound directly imac worse than when the information source! is there any problem or setting problem? who give me the answer? I listen to music all from inside imac Drive lossless wav files from itunes when playing software!56287.jpg

Mytek makes great products and has for years since Michal designed for Sony. I've had nothing but excellent interactions with him in the past. I think Mytek may be regretting the decision to try to deal direct, but I also think they didn't anticipate the demand for this new DAC. I'm looking foward to giving the new one a whirl when it arrives. I'll be comparing it to a Auralic Vega (still DSD128...have been waiting for 9 months for a firmware update on that one) and a IFI micro iDSD which I can feed with DSD512. I like the feature set for the Brooklyn...just remains to be seen whether it is substantially better than the IFI...which of course is 1/4 the price.

Robert

In my short relationship with Mytek, Michal and team have been very supportive and professional. Ordered my DAC, sent my money, and it arrived the next day as promised ( I live 50 miles from Mytek headquarters). There is an effort underway to get patches built for Linux to run native DSD 64, 128 and 256 on the Brooklyn DAC. Michal and the technology team have been very helpful and responsive.

I am very impressed with Mytek and hope to have a long relationship with the company. It is sad to read that others are having problems. From my perspective, it feels like I am Myteks only customer and all communications have been very well handled.

The product is terrific as well!

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio