IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

That looks as good news.

When I asked Meridian about that matter some weeks ago, I got this, rather disappointing answer:

MQA Ltd have now issued full public release specification decoding libraries to their partners, which as you know include Meridian Audio. Our Engineering team is currently working on integrating these libraries into our software for testing in advance of full production release in the coming months.

I'am very curious about the way this update will take place. There is no Windows, Mac or Linux program to update the Explorer, but in the documentation one can find "Firmware upgrade is via USB."

@Totsipaki: do you have a link?

Marc

That looks as good news.

When I asked Meridian about that matter some weeks ago, I got this, rather disappointing answer:

I'am very curious about the way this update will take place. There is no Windows, Mac or Linux program to update the Explorer, but in the documentation one can find "Firmware upgrade is via USB."

@Totsipaki: do you have a link?

Marc

I believe I've updated the firmware before via USB following instructions from Meridian. I'm guessing the company will release an app to do it. I remember using OS X Terminal.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

In one of those links it states...

"MQA-enabled streamers and software-enabled MQA decoders are in the works. The obvious caveat being the device or software has to know what DAC it's talking to. One physical outcome of this need to share information between decoder and DAC means that we're talking about a USB or network link, since we need two-way communication.

Read more at http://www.audiostream.com/content/mqa-continued#Hd0sqY6t2C14XtgT.99"

I hope this is wrong. Does my downloaded MQA-file from 2L need to know something from my Brooklyn? Is it not enough to send the file so that the Brooklyn by itself knows what to do with it?

Someone with more insight here?

Marc

Yes me, after waking up. Of course a MQA-streamer or laptop with MQA and some DAC out there needs to know what kind of DAC is supposed to produce the analogue stream. As that can be any DAC I wonder if MQA can cope with the plethora of uncivilized (i.e. non-MQA) DACs in the world.

Marc

自2015年11月1日到現在已經擺在入住訂單沒收!我去了好幾封信給我的咨訊公司,但沒有回复!你不知道有沒有類似的情況?難道我的咨訊服務態度居然是如此糟糕?實在令人失望!我的訂單號碼是:46012請問大家有知道怎麼解決呢?

Since November 1, 2015 to the present has been placed in check confiscation orders! I went to several letters to my advice company, but did not reply! You do not know...

Just tried to translate the Chinese text, eh, Google did it. Hope it makes sense.

Marc

Since November 1, 2015 to now has placed orders confiscation of arrival! I went to several letters to mytek company but had no reply! You do not know there is no similar situation? Do mytek service attitude is actually so bad? Really disappointing! My order number is: 46012 Does everybody have to know how to solve it?

Finally, I thank Marc for translation!

Can anyone give me a sense of how long it took Mytek to ship their Brooklyn? I ordered mine eight days ago and my credit card was charged in full. Order is still showing 'processing'. Three emails to them and no response...

For me it took about 3 months...

But I preordered it.

My guesses:

1) Mytek is a small company

2) Their Brooklyn Pre pro mqa dac thing has roused much interest

3) Mytek is struggling with an unexpected bunch orders.

4) @Totsipaki: the update for MQA takes time that they don't have.

My 4 cents

Marc

@Totsipaki: the update for MQA takes time that they don't have.

Marc

I was Informed from Mytek Support a couple of firmware updates ago that the Brooklyn was at Meridian for MQA certification and It really was out of their hands as far as timing is concerned.

The release (therefore I assume succesfuly completed evaluation) of the MQA firmware update for the Meridian Explorer2 today was the reason I mentioned this matter in my post, hoping something good is coming our way as well, since things appear to be moving foward from where they should. ;)

I totally agree with you. But Meridian had the first MQA-ready dac out there, so, they will be first to be served. Not so long ago, the people at MQA ltd worked at Meridian. MQA is a Meridian born format.

So, we have to be patient, as anybody who ordered the Brooklyn eight days ago. ;-)

Marc

Yesterday I paid a visit to my friend Totsipaki and I've had a nice chance to have an audition of Mytek's Brooklyn DAC. I've auditioned the mytek stereo 192 in the past a lot of times in Totsipaki's place and on my system too. I'm well aware of the 192's sound so it was a standard in my mind in order to realize what's done Mytek this time.

But before I start I'd like to to note that I 've been reviewing components in the past for magazine's and for my own fun.

Now let's get to point.

Brooklyn is just one more reference benchmark for it's category. It is very matured as an implementation company wise and sound wise.

I'll be back with more comments asap!

I'm sorry about that. But Michal from Mytek has sometimes reacted in this thread, and although it won't be his core business, I hope he does so soon again.

Marc

No problem at all. I had a nice email from Michal who kindly reassured me that it will ship any day now.

Best,

muski

Today an audiofriend came over to visit me and my set. Of course I let him hear the Brooklyn, and I had it compared with the internal DAC in my Olive 4. I have done it many times in the past few weeks, but I could not lay my finger on any difference. The output volume is quite equal between the two, thanks to the possibility that the Brooklyn offers to set the level.

My visitor could not decipher any difference too, and I had replayed several difficult tracks several times to facilitate it.

Other people who know my set very well told me earlier that buying the Brooklyn should prove wrong. I told them, that I had bought it for the MQA-part, and not for the other goodies, although I could make use of them, once MQA proved a improvement. I still believe it will, but the audience today made it very clear to me, that it better should be so.

Marc, waiting on a fence

Today an audiofriend came over to visit me and my set. Of course I let him hear the Brooklyn, and I had it compared with the internal DAC in my Olive 4. I have done it many times in the past few weeks, but I could not lay my finger on any difference. The output volume is quite equal between the two, thanks to the possibility that the Brooklyn offers to set the level.

My visitor could not decipher any difference too, and I had replayed several difficult tracks several times to facilitate it.

Other people who know my set very well told me earlier that buying the Brooklyn should prove wrong. I told them, that I had bought it for the MQA-part, and not for the other goodies, although I could make use of them, once MQA proved a improvement. I still believe it will, but the audience today made it very clear to me, that it better should be so.

Marc, waiting on a fence

What does the rest of the system consist of?