IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

I am curious. What psu are you using? Can you describe the difference?

I'm using a custom built high bandwidth power supply based on the YMB Sigma 11 circuit with upgraded parts and a transformer designed for very low regulation.

I haven't listened extensively to the Brooklyn's internal SMPS power supply. I tried it briefly and while it's an definite improvement to my recently departed Auralic Vega in some areas, its a incremental change not a step function change. With the LPS its a new ball game, very cohesive with a very solid image, tons of depth with room revererberation and increased resolution and detail.

The Brooklyn DAC is absolutely terrific! I am thrilled with this DAC purchase.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

Makes you wonder how much better the original Mytek 192 would be with an ext psu ...? Mind you, I've wondered that since I got one, now 3 yrs back.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Anybody tested? Is MQA enabled?

They really ought to post a changelog with each firmware update….. Would make it easier for users to verify when issues have been fixed or not, and to discover any new features when they are added....

Mac Mini > RME ADI-2 DAC > Hypex Ncore monoblocks > ATC SCM-11 speakers & C1 subwoofer

Couldn't wait and loaded the 1.44 firmware. Played some MQA-tracks. But MQA stays grey, and Off, and can't be changed. d025.gif

Marc

So It IS enabled right? Where did you try to play the MQA files from? According to the Explorer2 dac thread MQA files must be played back accurately and with software upsampling disabled in order to be enabled to be unfolded in a compatible dac..

Hmm... My humble and old Olive 4 doesn't know anything of upsampling, just spits out the 24 bits. By itself it can only play 16 bit files, so it makes an awful noise if it plays 24 bits by itself. The output volume is 100℅.

So, for me MQA is not activated yet.

Marc

I tried it briefly and while it's an definite improvement to my recently departed Auralic Vega in some areas, its a incremental change not a step function change. With the LPS its a new ball game, very cohesive with a very solid image, tons of depth with room revererberation and increased resolution and detail.

The Brooklyn DAC is absolutely terrific! I am thrilled with this DAC purchase.

Really an improvement over Auralic Vega? This would be of very much interest for me, as an owner of DSD192. Have listened Vega in my setup and it was a more refined DAC than my Mytek 192

Thinking about upgrade and if Brooklyn is really more refined than Vega (what is "better"?),

this would be really an excellent product.

Can you be a little more specific in comparing the Vega with Brooklyn?

Really an improvement over Auralic Vega? This would be of very much interest for me, as an owner of DSD192. Have listened Vega in my setup and it was a more refined DAC than my Mytek 192

Thinking about upgrade and if Brooklyn is really more refined than Vega (what is "better"?),

this would be really an excellent product.

Can you be a little more specific in comparing the Vega with Brooklyn?

Yes better then the Vega. Did you read my post 453 above?

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

Yes better then the Vega. Did you read my post 453 above?

Yes, therefore I wanted to ask some additional questions...

Vega is extremely smooth - so if Brooklyn get's these kind of smooothness - this is what I'm searching for.

Mytek 192 is very musical, but Vega is even more "relaxed", but not in a way that's less resolution oriented.

So, please share some A-B impressions...

Yes, therefore I wanted to ask some additional questions...

Vega is extremely smooth - so if Brooklyn get's these kind of smooothness - this is what I'm searching for.

Mytek 192 is very musical, but Vega is even more "relaxed", but not in a way that's less resolution oriented.

So, please share some A-B impressions...

I believe you'll find posts #191 and #209 very interesting..

Not a comparison with the vega but a good detailed comparison with the 192 may prove useful to you.

Could somebody specify me what kind/type of socket the Brooklyn needs for It's optional DC power input? I have bought four adapters for the cable the power supply unit I am about to use has but none was suitable for the Brooklyn's input.

It looks like the center pin is fairly large. I looked at the manual for it and it doesn't give any specs for a barrel connector. You might want to contact MyTek and ask what size barrel connector you need for the DC input.

John Withem

Proprietor

JW Audio.

http://www.jwaudio.net/default.html