IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

Yes. Well I have put it in the drawer for the time being. As a dac, it is making a good doorstop atm.

I've owned all of the 192 DSD, Brooklyn & Manhattan. I prefer them in that order as well. The Manhattan is a better dac than the Brooklyn, at least without a LPS, in terms of inner detail retrieval, transparency and resolution. Certainly has more features. The Brooklyn is perhaps more involving.

HQP + DSD 256 > Manhattan was very good. I liked it alot. For DSD it was behind the Merging Nadac I owned, but not by alot. PCM playback on the Manhattan was better than the Nadac.

I don't really care for the tech - I just want something to work and sound good. The Brooklyn has been problematic and I don't remotely care for the Mytek control panel. Certainly the FW doesn't seem sorted yet, whereas the Manhattan was rock solid with ASIO & USB.

If someone could see their way clear to sending me 1.44 I would be very grateful.

Hi Andrew,

I've upgraded the firmware on my Brooklyn twice with no issue. It's now running 1.45.

PM me and we can find a way to get you going.

Larry

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

Having now spent a weekend with the Brooklyn just wanted to record a list of what worked and what didn't for me. Thought that might be useful for other new users.

Mytekcontrol with Windows 7 worked well and I was able to change the display light, a number of settings, and upgrade to firmware 1.45 (my unit shipped with 1.42).

I tried to do the same in Mytekcontrol on a mac running 10.11.3 and no dice, the program wouldn't recognize the Brooklyn.

The drivers installed easily on windows 7 and the unit would stream PCM 384 and DSD 256 from HQplayer 3.13 driven by Roon 1.1 (build 102).

On the mac no drivers are necessary but requires DoP for DSD. Thus, it tops out at PCM 384 and DSD 128. Working well with HQplayer 3.13 driven by Roon 1.1 (build 102).

Linux is still a bit complicated...the ALSA drivers necessary for native DSD are in the process of being updated for the Brooklyn. Jesus has already pushed out an update for the Sonicorbiter SE...just today...working perfectly for me with non-DoP DSD256 from HQplayer. Results may differ for non-HQplayer interfaces, however. The cubox-i HQplayer NAA currently requires DoP and thus tops out at DSD 128 like on the mac...but an update for the driver should be available soon. I just received a link from Piero with the updated driver for Audiolinux, but haven't tested yet.

I'm currently burning the unit in for a week before starting to do any critical listening, but I like the interface. Its easy to move back and forth between using the unit to drive an amp and using it for headphones. Haven't figured out whether it is possible to decouple volume for headphones and amp when being played at the same time...but not sure why you would do this except for burn in. Easy to move between sources including the phono input and various digital inputs. A simple click on the volume wheel moves you between a detail screen and simple display that just shows the connection speed and the current volume assignment.

Over all, a huge improvement over the Mytek DAC 192 with respect to UI. Listening now to Roon (Mac) > HQplayer (Mac) > HQplayer NAA (Sonicorbiter) doing a DSD64 to DSD256 upsample...really nice...and working well.

Michal was incredibly helpful in getting me connected to users doing the Linux update work and in quickly answering questions via email.

Robert

Software: Roon/HQplayer; System I: Roon Server/HQplayer DSD 512 Upsampling, Custom Windows 10 PC/AO, LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; Holo Cyan DAC; VPI Scout 2 Turntable, Soundsmith Boheme, TTW Clamps and Carbon Matt; Cary SLP-98P Preamp; Van Alstine FET 600 Poweramp;  Aerial Acoustics 6T loudspeakers, SVS SB13 Ultra Subwoofers. System II: Custom PC with Signalyst Linux HQplayer NAA; LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; IFI Micro iDSD Black Label; Primaluna Dialogue 2 with Tung Sol KT-150; Paradigm Studio 20 v3 monitors on Custom Mapleshade stands. Cables: Moon Audio, LUSH, Kimber Kable, Mapleshade, LARRY custom.

brooklyn dac of usb link with fellow seniors to discuss several issues for mytek:

Is currently with the factory supplied usb cable, there will be a slight jitter noise in the solution please give pointers: My equipment is the link: imac> mytek brooklyn the original usb cable> mytek brooklyn> Active Speaker (dynaudio dbm50)

1. buy expensive usb cable can be solved if those micro-jitter noise hearing it? For example: Entreq and Konstantin 20.10 USB cable or AUDIOQUEST - DIAMOND B-type USB grade?

2. Many people climb Wen suggested usb ddc to solve slight jitter Noise! But mytek brooklyn dac no I2S interface so you can not solve the problems dsd play! Market introduction is very much high-ddc do not know if there is to know which one senior ddc available mytek brooklyn dac yet cost-effective and can solve dsd ddc file playback ddc?

3. digital stream directly connected mytek brooklyn dac: Are digital usb connection stream jitter noise is much smaller than the IMAC please recommend which one digital stream player available mytek brooklyn dac and cost-effective equipment???

56287.jpg

^ Google translate has a long way to go...

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

Hi Andrew,

I've upgraded the firmware on my Brooklyn twice with no issue. It's now running 1.45.

PM me and we can find a way to get you going.

Larry

Thanks Larry

Its ok - I wound it back to 1.42b and it is fine. I'll leave 1.45 for the time being. Might be a OSX 10.11.3 thing.

Also having hiccups with Win 10 Pro 64. It could just be a Win 10 issue as well - having mobo drivers problems with it atm. Mytek won't show up in default devices. Actually none will. The joys of computer audio. Might just load Win 7.

Cheers

Best Wishes

Andrew

MyTek Brooklyn DAC the USB link with superiors to discuss several issues:

Is currently using the original USB cable provided, there will be a slight jitter noise solution please advice: my link is: iMac>myTek Brooklyn original USB cable > myTek Brooklyn> active speaker (Dynaudio dbm50)

1. buy expensive USB cables can solve those micro jitter noise? For example: the Entreq Konstantin 20.10 USB AUDIOQUEST-DIAMOND B-type USB or line level!

2. climb a lot of people recommend USB DDC to fix a slight jitter noise! MyTek Brooklyn no I2S DAC interface so that you could not solve the DSD playback problems! Market very much quality DDC predecessors know which one does not know if DDC myTek Brooklyn DAC available cost-effective DDC and DDC can solve the DSD file playback?

3. direct connected with the digital stream myTek Brooklyn DAC: digital USB connection flow jitter noise is much smaller than the IMAC? Please also recommend a digital stream player available in the myTek Brooklyn DAC? and cost-effective equipment?

MyTek Brooklyn DAC the USB link with superiors to discuss several issues:

Is currently using the original USB cable provided, there will be a slight jitter noise solution please advice: my link is: iMac>myTek Brooklyn original USB cable > myTek Brooklyn> active speaker (Dynaudio dbm50)

1. buy expensive USB cables can solve those micro jitter noise? For example: the Entreq Konstantin 20.10 USB AUDIOQUEST-DIAMOND B-type USB or line level!

2. climb a lot of people recommend USB DDC to fix a slight jitter noise! MyTek Brooklyn no I2S DAC interface so that you could not solve the DSD playback problems! Market very much quality DDC predecessors know which one does not know if DDC myTek Brooklyn DAC available cost-effective DDC and DDC can solve the DSD file playback?

3. direct connected with the digital stream myTek Brooklyn DAC: digital USB connection flow jitter noise is much smaller than the IMAC? Please also recommend a digital stream player available in the myTek Brooklyn DAC? and cost-effective equipment?

One of my wishes is though that the UI can be switched off completely. It's nice to look at, but much nicer to be unnoticed.

Marc

I agree. Although there is a screensaver mode, the possibility of switching it off completely would be very interesting IMO.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.-

Groucho Marx

It has several colours.

The level graphs are green with some info in yellow.

Most of the info/ selectable options are white. When you are selecting/ changing an option the colour changes to blue.

The screen saver mode is all white.

IMO it is rather nice but, again, the option to turn it off completely would be welcome.

PS The Mytek logo colour and intensity is adjustable

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.-

Groucho Marx

It has several colours.

The level graphs are green with some info in yellow.

Most of the info/ selectable options are white. When you are selecting/ changing an option the colour changes to blue.

The screen saver mode is all white.

IMO it is rather nice but, again, the option to turn it off completely would be welcome.

PS The Mytek logo colour and intensity is adjustable

Thanks - appreciate the update.

I too think turning off any display would be a good option.

I am going to hol doff on the purchase until MQA is implemented. If it takes too long then I guess there mihgt be other options to consider too.

Perhaps this is a dumb question but what is the difference between the option power on: standby / work?

There are no dumb questions.

With 'standby' the Brooklyn starts, the logo is lit, the screen is off and so is the sound.

With 'work' it starts with screen on and sound on.

My dumb question: where is the screensaver? Is that the other image with two half circles for volume level, bits, MQA, and so on?

Marc