IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

Just reported a tiny glitch to Mytek, when I have played something 24 bits whit the Opto interface, than try to play something 16 bit with Sp/diff, no sound is produced. It stays locked in 24 bit. Once you change the sync from IN to WCK and back to IN, it plays, or if you restart the unit.

Marc

Just reported a tiny glitch to Mytek, when I have played something 24 bits whit the Opto interface, than try to play something 16 bit with Sp/diff, no sound is produced. It stays locked in 24 bit. Once you change the sync from IN to WCK and back to IN, it plays, or if you restart the unit.

Marc

Thanks for reporting, Does this happen with other interfaces ( switching to/ from optical and USB 24 bit to 16 bit, etc?)

Hi Allen,

To test this, I had to disable the internal soundcard of Win10, but after that USB plays fine from this pc. Then I played something via the Opto input, that also played nicely. Switched to USB, no problem. I tested this only with some 16-44.1 files though.

In the mail from Mytek support they mention anly issues with AES, that I don't use, so at first, I didn't even try the beta version.

So, I think that version 1.42 will resolve your issue too.

Marc

Hi Allen,

To test this, I had to disable the internal soundcard of Win10, but after that USB plays fine from this pc. Then I played something via the Opto input, that also played nicely. Switched to USB, no problem. I tested this only with some 16-44.1 files though.

In the mail from Mytek support they mention anly issues with AES, that I don't use, so at first, I didn't even try the beta version.

So, I think that version 1.42 will resolve your issue too.

Marc

I was going from toss-link 16/44 to mytek from OPPO '95 (CD) to USB from Aurender N100H, probably DSD 64 or 24/96.

I did speak to Michal about it today and he suggested trying newest firmware.

I will try it.

Here is a quick report.

I was able to audition a Mytek Brooklyn today, and conduct a non-scientific A/B test with my Auralic Vega. The Brooklyn sounds more similar to the Vega then different. The Brooklyn has more air, is a still a touch warmish but less so, and projects a similar soundstage and depth. Resolution was better.

Like the Vega in it's day, it is a Swiss Army knife of a feature set, and input choices. We used a high bandwidth custom external 12 volt LPS for the test, two Supra cables and listened to both with and without an Intona box. The analog and digital volume controls were used on the Brooklyn, and both DACS were directly connected to Pass mono blocks.

The Brooklyn just sounds terrific and I look forward to an audition in my home.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

Mytek Brooklyn directly into Amplifier (Emotiva XPR 5) vs Brooklyn into Pre/ Pro (Home Theater / Integra - Not a Stereo Pre) ??

Michal told me today that he thinks I will have much better sound quality using Brooklyn DAC going directly into my amp vs through my home theater pre/pro.

I have recently been told by many that I will have much better sound if I purchase a stereo pre-amp with a home theater bypass.

I think I will go this route sooner than later, but Michal told me that Brooklyn directly into amp would sound much better than that option also, any thoughts??

Who is going Brookky direct to Amp vs. using with a pre-amp??

Thanks

Here is a quick report.

I was able to audition a Mytek Brooklyn today, and conduct a non-scientific A/B test with my Auralic Vega. The Brooklyn sounds more similar to the Vega then different. The Brooklyn has more air, is a still a touch warmish but less so, and projects a similar soundstage and depth. Resolution was better.

Like the Vega in it's day, it is a Swiss Army knife of a feature set, and input choices. We used a high bandwidth custom external 12 volt LPS for the test, two Supra cables and listened to both with and without an Intona box. The analog and digital volume controls were used on the Brooklyn, and both DACS were directly connected to Pass mono blocks.

The Brooklyn just sounds terrific and I look forward to an audition in my home.

Thank You for the info!!! It is most timely (for me) and helpful!!!

We just came back from winter NAMM Show, back to working on fine tuning Brooklyn DAC firmware and also on the new Brooklyn mastering ADC with MQA kernel. We just showed this new amazing ADC to music makers, including Stevie Wonder who liked the sound of Brooklyn DAC very much.

Stevie has used Mytek professional digital audio converters before, for DSD multitrack music production.

chebon_w_stevie_brooklyn_manhattan_NAMM2016_IMG_9441.JPG

We just came back from winter NAMM Show, back to working on fine tuning Brooklyn DAC firmware]

Any further info or plans to add USB HID volume control? It's the only thing stopping me from buying this DAC...... Thanks.

Mac Mini > RME ADI-2 DAC > Hypex Ncore monoblocks > ATC SCM-11 speakers & C1 subwoofer

I'm loving my BK DAC, but am having a few issues, if anyone has insight:

1. playback of various (maybe all?) 24/192 files does not work. The sound is super glitchy. Everything else from mp3 to DSD works.

2. I use toslink for my TV - last night, no problem. This morning, it won't play any sound. I can see that the display shows "no lock" when the TV is off, then I turn it on and it changes to "16bit 48.0k", so it seems like it is receiving something, but, no sound. I've tried all the power down and power up in different sequences, etc, with no luck.

3. final glitch is relatively minor but worth reporting: when I switch between sources, sometimes playback on my selection is glitchy, so I switch out of it, then back to it, then it seems to settle down.

Most frustrating is the TV issue. OK- JUST FIXED the tv issue. I had to power down and unplug the power cord.

Of course MQA will be enabled on all digital inputs. That's a no-brainer.

Let's hope you're right. I asked because some formats (32bit/384k, DXD, DSD256) are only supported on USB. Granted, those are high-bandwidth formats, which is kind of the whole point of MQA...

If MQA is only useful for HR formats, we would already have it. In my humble opinion its most impressive feature is the taming of timing issues, which hinder the cd quality at most. MQA has to deal with those errors in the master tapes/files, and I think that that counts for most of the delay we encounter as consumers for the activation in our DACs

I wish MQA could resolve its own timing issue...

Marc

I wish MQA could resolve its own timing issue...

Marc

I'll drink to that.. I hope all those delays conceal a significant preparation concerning music industry support as well as ease of implementation for the general public.. If not It might become the greatest audio "swindle" ever..

I'm loving my BK DAC, but am having a few issues, if anyone has insight:

1. playback of various (maybe all?) 24/192 files does not work. The sound is super glitchy. Everything else from mp3 to DSD works.

2. I use toslink for my TV - last night, no problem. This morning, it won't play any sound. I can see that the display shows "no lock" when the TV is off, then I turn it on and it changes to "16bit 48.0k", so it seems like it is receiving something, but, no sound. I've tried all the power down and power up in different sequences, etc, with no luck.

3. final glitch is relatively minor but worth reporting: when I switch between sources, sometimes playback on my selection is glitchy, so I switch out of it, then back to it, then it seems to settle down.

Most frustrating is the TV issue. OK- JUST FIXED the tv issue. I had to power down and unplug the power cord.

I have the same issues, every time I switch from one input source to another or from DSD to 24/96, etc. I just get loud static noise. I have to power off and on again and then switch from int to wick and back!

It is a bit of a pain, I do not see 1.4.2 as an available upgrade?