IGNORED

HQPlayer + Muso

jeremyb

Is this a front end for the music player (I'm interested in HQ Player) to be installed on the same machine as the music player, or is it a remote app for the music player? (i.e. iPad/Android controlling the music player computer).

Thanks.

Currently Muso has to run on the same (windows) machine as HQPlayer. But then Muso has a remote control interface which will then allow you to control that instance of HQPlayer from (in theory) any browser on your local network. I will look later at allowing Muso (which is windows only) to control HQPlayer on a different machine on your network (windows, Mac or Linux), still with the remote control capability - but that's not available yet.

Muso developer

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new to both HQPlayer and Muso and have the latest 64-bit versions of each, running under Win 7 Pro X64.

I'm attempting to integrate Muso with HQPlayer in an attempt to tame the idiosyncrasies of the Library section of the latter application.

It hasn't gone well so far, as I've defined the source files and exported them. Both HDPlayer and Muso see each other, but so far nothing is working as it should.

Can someone please provide a step-by-step procedure for this integration, as it seems something is missing here?

BTW, will Muso process 64fs/128fs and 256fs DSD files?

Exporting files? You should be importing them into Muso. The button is top center, and select the scan method. Just do a quick scan for starters. When it is done, hit apply. If you have set the output to HQPlayer, it should work in Muso. Muso library and output settings in Tools:Options:???. Make sure your HQPlayer settings are correct, or it will hang.

I'm new to both HQPlayer and Muso and have the latest 64-bit versions of each, running under Win 7 Pro X64.

I'm attempting to integrate Muso with HQPlayer in an attempt to tame the idiosyncrasies of the Library section of the latter application.

It hasn't gone well so far, as I've defined the source files and exported them. Both HDPlayer and Muso see each other, but so far nothing is working as it should.

Can someone please provide a step-by-step procedure for this integration, as it seems something is missing here?

BTW, will Muso process 64fs/128fs and 256fs DSD files?

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

Exporting files? You should be importing them into Muso. The button is top center, and select the scan method. Just do a quick scan for starters. When it is done, hit apply. If you have set the output to HQPlayer, it should work in Muso. Muso library and output settings in Tools:Options:???. Make sure your HQPlayer settings are correct, or it will hang.

Thanks, but I actually meant to type "Import" instead of "Export".

Things seemed to be working fine earlier this morning with 187 titles in the database and a few titles queued up. Now however, the Music database screen shows only the 4 titles in the queue after they finished playing and the Muso window is hung again after a 10-15 minute pause. Only option now is use Windows Task Manager to dismiss it, restart Muso and re-import those 187 titles.

Any idea what's causing this Muso window hang?

Thanks, but I actually meant to type "Import" instead of "Export".

Things seemed to be working fine earlier this morning with 187 titles in the database and a few titles queued up. Now however, the Music database screen shows only the 4 titles in the queue after they finished playing and the Muso window is hung again after a 10-15 minute pause. Only option now is use Windows Task Manager to dismiss it, restart Muso and re-import those 187 titles.

Any idea what's causing this Muso window hang?

If you imported the 187 files before killing muso, it should still be in your database when you restart. If you start muso in diagnostic mode then send muso2.log and hqp.log to [email protected] when you next get a "hang", I can investigate what's going on.

C:\Users\Public\Music\muso\muso2.log

C:\Users\Public\Music\muso\logs\hqp.log

Muso developer

Hi Jeremyb, do you have any news about evolution of Muso's remote?

I would like to see artist's albums listed by date and not alphabetically, is it possible?

Thank

It's possible, but to keep things organised and to allow me to keep on top of things please post an enhancement request in the dedicated muso forums:

musoware forums

Muso developer

Jeremy: Recently I updated from 2.3.14 to 2.3.23, and now when "play album " is selected, only three tracks are loaded into HQPlayer even though the entire album shows in the Muso que. I updated HQPlayer to 3.10.0 and it still happens. I tried to revert to 2.3.14, but it wouldn't allow me to. I'd love some suggestions. Thx.

Forrest:

Jeremy: Recently I updated from 2.3.14 to 2.3.23, and now when "play album " is selected, only three tracks are loaded into HQPlayer even though the entire album shows in the Muso que. I updated HQPlayer to 3.10.0 and it still happens. I tried to revert to 2.3.14, but it wouldn't allow me to. I'd love some suggestions. Thx.

I'd need to see the hqp.log file to investigate that. I don't see the same issue here.

Muso developer

May I ask how to acquire the file? I do not see it in the menus straightaway.

I'd need to see the hqp.log file to investigate that. I don't see the same issue here.

Forrest:

Hi Jeremy,

I just downloaded Muso in an effort to find a library organizer that works with HQplayer, and so far have been extremely impressed! Kudos on an amazing job and great functionality.

However, like others on this forum I cannot get Muso to start in Windows Server 2012 R2 CORE mode. It gives an error message then quits - I will get and post the error message later.

Any chance you could troubleshoot this? Many of us have Audiophile Optimizer and Server 2012 R2 in core mode for the best sound. It's kind of a dealbreaker for me if I can't run muso in Core mode - HQPlayer, JRiver and Roon all have no problems after a bit of tweaking.

Thanks!

Yeang

Hi Jeremy,

I just downloaded Muso in an effort to find a library organizer that works with HQplayer, and so far have been extremely impressed! Kudos on an amazing job and great functionality.

However, like others on this forum I cannot get Muso to start in Windows Server 2012 R2 CORE mode. It gives an error message then quits - I will get and post the error message later.

Any chance you could troubleshoot this? Many of us have Audiophile Optimizer and Server 2012 R2 in core mode for the best sound. It's kind of a dealbreaker for me if I can't run muso in Core mode - HQPlayer, JRiver and Roon all have no problems after a bit of tweaking.

Thanks!

Yeang

Not sure what I can do really - I don't have this OS to play with, unless I can find a free .iso file to load up virtually. I think maybe it's likely to be a .NET compatibility issue, did you make sure .NET 4.0 is installed?

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 for Server Core is now Available - Server Core - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Please send me a muso2.log file if you can though - it may help diagnose what the issue is - it may even be quite simple to get past.

Muso developer

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, .NET 4.5 is already installed. It works just fine in regular GUI mode, but in the core mode some dependent component has been disabled.... it didn't generate a muso2.log file. Where should I look for that? A search didn't turn up anything.

The Windows Server 2012 R2 is legally available from Microsoft for a 180 day trial, so you can actually download it to experiment without any issues. I use Audiophile Optimizer to switch from regular GUI to core mode though and am not sure how you do that without AO...

Yeang

Not sure what I can do really - I don't have this OS to play with, unless I can find a free .iso file to load up virtually. I think maybe it's likely to be a .NET compatibility issue, did you make sure .NET 4.0 is installed?

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 for Server Core is now Available - Server Core - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Please send me a muso2.log file if you can though - it may help diagnose what the issue is - it may even be quite simple to get past.

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, .NET 4.5 is already installed. It works just fine in regular GUI mode, but in the core mode some dependent component has been disabled.... it didn't generate a muso2.log file. Where should I look for that? A search didn't turn up anything.

The Windows Server 2012 R2 is legally available from Microsoft for a 180 day trial, so you can actually download it to experiment without any issues. I use Audiophile Optimizer to switch from regular GUI to core mode though and am not sure how you do that without AO...

Yeang

I'll see what I can do with the trial, but yes there may be an issue running .NET winforms projects in Core mode, I can't find any info on the net on whether that's possible.

Muso developer

This is taken from page https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd184075.aspx:

The .NET Framework is also not present in Server Core, which means there's no support for running managed code on a Server Core installation. Only native code—code written using Windows application programming interfaces (APIs)—can run on Server Core. In summary, any GUI applications that depend on either the .NET Framework or on the Explorer.exe shell won't run on Server Core.

True, that page was about Sever Core 2008, but I think the same principle would apply on 2012. How would you expect Muso to work without a UI? Are you only interested in running Muso as a server for the remote capability?

Muso developer