IGNORED

HQPlayer + Muso

jeremyb

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for digging further. The UI for Jriver and HQplayer both work in Core mode so I assume it's possible, though those apps don't depend on .NET probably. But if Muso server component only could run, that would be even better. Generally i browse and select music from a remote (iphone, ipad) anyway, and that would reduce amount of load on the processor. I also got RoonServer running in core mode, with an external computer or ipad used to browse music.

Yeang

This is taken from page https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd184075.aspx:

The .NET Framework is also not present in Server Core, which means there's no support for running managed code on a Server Core installation. Only native code—code written using Windows application programming interfaces (APIs)—can run on Server Core. In summary, any GUI applications that depend on either the .NET Framework or on the Explorer.exe shell won't run on Server Core.

True, that page was about Sever Core 2008, but I think the same principle would apply on 2012. How would you expect Muso to work without a UI? Are you only interested in running Muso as a server for the remote capability?

I'm new to both HQPlayer and Muso and have the latest 64-bit versions of each, running under Win 7 Pro X64.

I'm attempting to integrate Muso with HQPlayer in an attempt to tame the idiosyncrasies of the Library section of the latter application.

It hasn't gone well so far, as I've defined the source files and exported them. Both HDPlayer and Muso see each other, but so far nothing is working as it should.

Can someone please provide a step-by-step procedure for this integration, as it seems something is missing here?

BTW, will Muso process 64fs/128fs and 256fs DSD files?

Is there a step by step guide to integrating HQ Player and Muso on the Muso web site?

Is there a step by step guide to integrating HQ Player and Muso on the Muso web site?

There isn't, but only because it's not complex enough to warrant it - you just turn on & configure HQPlayer in Muso prefs, add the additional filetypes (eg. dsf) you want to support, import, and away you go. What are you stuck on?

Muso developer

Here are my quick setups:

Tools -> Options

Look at Configuration Tab and make sure all your file types are defined

Look at Music Sources Tab and define where your music is (do not forget to hit + to put them in the window below)

Look at Players/Misc Tab and select HQP only for now (disable Amazon if you want)

At main Muso Screen, Import your music (check log for errors or check mark on configuration tab to show log after import)

And like Jeremy said, at main Muso Screen (make sure HQP is running :) ) and select HQP as your player, then.....play music...

You can mess around in the other Options after getting something to play

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying out Muso as a front end to HQPlayer and it looks nice and everything around the interface appears to work properly.

From my perspective the biggest shortcoming is the absence of an app to allow remote control from a tablet (Android in my case); where is this in the Muso big picture?

Thanks

Ray

I've been trying out Muso as a front end to HQPlayer and it looks nice and everything around the interface appears to work properly.

From my perspective the biggest shortcoming is the absence of an app to allow remote control from a tablet (Android in my case); where is this in the Muso big picture?

Thanks

Ray

You're right there's no remote aimed at tablets, though the app designed for phones and smaller devices will work quite nicely with your tablet in portrait mode.Alternatively you could run a remote desktop app from your tablet to access windows and the the full Muso UI - this is probably your best option.

I am currently considering a complete rewrite of muso to separate the server component from the front-end, so if this is done properly the full UI experience would be available on a tablet without the need for a remote desktop - that's my current focus, though it's probably a way off (I'm only considering technologies at present).

Muso developer

If we are discussing feature requests, I would love to see a search function or an additional (second) character selector. With a large library, it is cumbersome scrolling to the bottom to get to Azure Ray or what have you.

Super, thank you!

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

I am currently considering a complete rewrite of muso to separate the server component from the front-end, so if this is done properly the full UI experience would be available on a tablet without the need for a remote desktop - that's my current focus, though it's probably a way off (I'm only considering technologies at present).

Good idea!

Can you point me at this app, couldn't find it on the Google store...

Thanks

Ray

It's not an app on the app/play store - you just start the remote server in the main Muso window and this opens up a port which you can browse to with any browser on any machine on the same local network.

Muso developer

If we are discussing feature requests, I would love to see a search function or an additional (second) character selector. With a large library, it is cumbersome scrolling to the bottom to get to Azure Ray or what have you.

Please add this request here: forum

I assume you mean a search on the remote, rather than in the main muso window - but there is a search/filter box at the top of the remote's artist page.

Muso developer

It's not an app on the app/play store - you just start the remote server in the main Muso window and this opens up a port which you can browse to with any browser on any machine on the same local network.

Thank you Jeremy, I will try that over the weekend.

Have you considered utilising UPnP/DLNA; the Windows platform that hosts Muso already has it?

Ray

I would, but I cannot figure out how to start a topic for it...

Please add this request here: forum

I assume you mean a search on the remote, rather than in the main muso window - but there is a search/filter box at the top of the remote's artist page.

Forrest:

Ahh, thank you! I thought it might be something silly.

You have to post an intro in the Introductions thread first, then it will allow you to start a new topic : sorry for this - I had to add this measure to stop many spam posts.

Forrest:

Is it any chance to an OSX version? I found this open source cross platform .NET framework project: Home | Mono

Or maybe your code is too windows specific?

Yeah I've looked at mono before, and yes there are too many windows-specifics in Muso. The potential rewrite would be with multi-platform support in mind, so I'm thinking node.js currently.

Muso developer

I set up remote and have been trying it over the weekend, thanks for the steer.

It's a bit clunky but usable.

Ray

Jeremy, I've been using Muso via the remote web interface for a few days now. It works pretty consistently though with my Samsung tablet (which is getting a little long in the tooth) I get blank buttons (i.e. no icon on them) on the interface, though I've learned which is which.

Is there a way of setting defaults for the web interface, for example, to always sort albums by name. It is quite frustrating to get them ordered by ranking (or whatever), which is of no interest to me - call me old-fashioned, but I like my alphabetical lists. I did look through the options but couldn't see anything obvious.

Thanks

Ray

Jeremy, I've been using Muso via the remote web interface for a few days now. It works pretty consistently though with my Samsung tablet (which is getting a little long in the tooth) I get blank buttons (i.e. no icon on them) on the interface, though I've learned which is which.

Is there a way of setting defaults for the web interface, for example, to always sort albums by name. It is quite frustrating to get them ordered by ranking (or whatever), which is of no interest to me - call me old-fashioned, but I like my alphabetical lists. I did look through the options but couldn't see anything obvious.

Thanks

Ray

if you set your sorting by Album Name in the main Muso interface, that should carry through to the remote, and muso should remember that between sessions also - so it should be a one-time setting.

Muso developer

Any news?

Thanks