IGNORED

HQPlayer + Muso

jeremyb

Hi Jeremy,

Though I always knew about the "Administrator" option and I set it to Muso start, I didn't do so in Diagnostic start, and this explains why it's not remote activity in the log. But is it possible to do it simple by adding option in Remote settings: start Remote when Muso starts, or just add an argument in Task scheduler for auto start Muso with remote?

You can auto-start Muso on windows startup through windows itself, yes. It's on my TODO list to have remote auto-start when Muso starts (provided it has admin elevation).

If you still have issues with remote not keeping in synch, I'd be interested in seeing the diagnostics log (muso2.log) once you've configured that to run in admin mode.

Muso developer

You can auto-start Muso on windows startup through windows itself, yes. It's on my TODO list to have remote auto-start when Muso starts (provided it has admin elevation).

If you still have issues with remote not keeping in synch, I'd be interested in seeing the diagnostics log (muso2.log) once you've configured that to run in admin mode.

What argument with should I auto-start muso to start the remote with if possible at all?

The issues with remote are not gone - I sent you the logs in e-mail.

One question of tagging metadata.

When I convert one big flac file in foobar per track, each track to an individual file in wav, they appeared then in right track order with numbers in foobar, jriver etc, but muso shows them in alphabetical order, no numbers...

Is it under development yet or muso just reads tags in one different way?

TrackNr missing muso.jpg

What argument with should I auto-start muso to start the remote with if possible at all?

The issues with remote are not gone - I sent you the logs in e-mail.

It is possible with /remote provided as an extra argument and provided that you set the "Run as Administrator" option, but I intend to make it a friendlier option through the preferences.

OK will check my mail.

Muso developer

When I convert one big flac file in foobar per track, each track to an individual file in wav, they appeared then in right track order with numbers in foobar, jriver etc, but muso shows them in alphabetical order, no numbers...

An issue has been raised before regarding reading track numbers from WAV files, but I haven't been able to nail it down. How does foobar encode the tags? Perhaps you could send me a small sample file.

Muso developer

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20795[/ATTACH]

I've checked - there is a bug in my tag reader library in reading track number tags from WAV files - I will chase this up with the library developers. In the mean time, it's easy enough to hit the Edit Tracks link on an album and bang them in through the database view.

Muso developer

I don't really want to have to provide alternative means to set the config and build the library when the UI does a perfectly good job of this already. I could add an option to start in the system tray with remote turned on though - but the remote server will still require admin elevation meaning a UAC prompt though.

Muso developer

It would be a feature like in Jriver MC, where the user have the possibility to choice the "server mode" of Jriver at Windows startup, and then to command the player with an iPad or Iphone and the app "Jremote". In this case, on Windows taskbar it appears just the icon of Jriver server, and, if desired, by clicking on it it is possibile to start the GUI.

- Pc Server: Win 10 Pro 64bit with two NICs (one dedicated to JPLAY/HQPlayer) with Fidelizer Pro/Process Lasso

- NAA Pc: Gygabyte 2807 - Windows Server 2016 Virtual Core Mode with AO v. 2.20b6 and Process Lasso

- Wireworld Starlight usb 3.0 (from NAA) + iGalvanic 3.0 + Furutech GT2 USB cable + iFi iUsb Micro 3.0 + Oyaide Continental 5S Silver (to DAC) 

- dac T+A DAC 8 DSD  - preamplifier Audio Research LS22r - amplifier Mark Levinson 27.5 - loudspeakers Dynaudio Confidence C1

- Interconnets: Kimber Kable Select - Loudspeaker Cables: Kimber Kable 8TC

- Headphones: Focal Utopia   - Headphone Amplifier: Bryston BHA-1

Muso release 2.3.21:

Main window now minimises to system tray rather than taskbar if remote server is on (can save on resources).

Auto-start as remote server option (also auto-minimises to tray)

- shows player disconnection status in tray icon (red background)

- note that Windows will prompt you to allow an application from an "unknown publisher" to make changes to your computer - apologies but this is unavoidable at present if you want to run the remote server - having to fund an ongoing digital signature from a Microsoft-trusted vendor would make the continuance of this project non-viable.

Muso developer

Feature request: Add support for Muso to run as service with system startup so no user interaction is required.

I was thinking of looking into this, but you'd still need a UI to manage your options and database. The new option in 2.3.21 to start with remote server on (and minimised to tray) should require no user interaction other than to log on if you add Muso to your startup group.

I can see that Muso's remote is becoming a focus for many users rather than just an add-on. Is that because HQPlayer has no other means of being controlled remotely? Muso's remote functionality is still somewhat clunky & immature, but can be developed further in the coming months if that's where users need most effort.

Muso developer

I was thinking of looking into this, but you'd still need a UI to manage your options and database. The new option in 2.3.21 to start with remote server on (and minimised to tray) should require no user interaction other than to log on if you add Muso to your startup group.

I can see that Muso's remote is becoming a focus for many users rather than just an add-on. Is that because HQPlayer has no other means of being controlled remotely? Muso's remote functionality is still somewhat clunky & immature, but can be developed further in the coming months if that's where users need most effort.

Jeremy,

Please improve the remote control function of Muso. At first sight, I fell in love with how Muso handles classical music. But I wish there's tighter integration with 3rd party player, like HQPlayer.

John