IGNORED

HQPlayer + Muso

jeremyb

Good. Thanks

Just to remind you that I have not used ramdisk and remote. So I do not know how Muso behaves in those conditions.

Possibly next time I will try sending Muso's info over a lan to HQPlayer on a different PC.

I think it worked with RAMdisk even when you had issues, since it incurred a delay that allowed it to communicate more effectively. Remote should work more seamlessly if Muso desktop does since it uses the same internal player object - but yes more testing is required (eg, if you change player in Muso or remote once started).

Muso currently only communicates with HQPlayer on localhost - to communicate with a player on a different PC I'd have to make that hostname configurable (and not try auto-starting HQPlayer on selecting it as a player).This is all possible but will need a bit more development effort. I'd be interested to see how that works too.

Muso developer

I don't use remote but I use ramdisk, for HQPlayerdesktop.exe and for the files to play too.

In this version all seems to work well about HQP integration (Now Playing page, Song Lyrics, cancel an enqueued album and playing another one, etc.), maybe if there's still a little delay in response of Player Control in muso.

Unfortunately, on my notebook, after the upgrade from Windows 8.1 Home to Windows 10 Home, the function "Import from a specific folder" doesn't work anymore. Sigh... (It was very useful for me, damn...). I've tried to run muso as administrator and in Windows 8 compatibility mode, but without results.

I note that the database folder is protected, and it's impossibile to remove the flag to the attribute "read only" (I' ve tried to change to administrative rights, of course, but I don't have solved).

- Pc Server: Win 10 Pro 64bit with two NICs (one dedicated to JPLAY/HQPlayer) with Fidelizer Pro/Process Lasso

- NAA Pc: Gygabyte 2807 - Windows Server 2016 Virtual Core Mode with AO v. 2.20b6 and Process Lasso

- Wireworld Starlight usb 3.0 (from NAA) + iGalvanic 3.0 + Furutech GT2 USB cable + iFi iUsb Micro 3.0 + Oyaide Continental 5S Silver (to DAC) 

- dac T+A DAC 8 DSD  - preamplifier Audio Research LS22r - amplifier Mark Levinson 27.5 - loudspeakers Dynaudio Confidence C1

- Interconnets: Kimber Kable Select - Loudspeaker Cables: Kimber Kable 8TC

- Headphones: Focal Utopia   - Headphone Amplifier: Bryston BHA-1

Edit: it seems that now the function "Import from specific folder" works flawlessly.

- Pc Server: Win 10 Pro 64bit with two NICs (one dedicated to JPLAY/HQPlayer) with Fidelizer Pro/Process Lasso

- NAA Pc: Gygabyte 2807 - Windows Server 2016 Virtual Core Mode with AO v. 2.20b6 and Process Lasso

- Wireworld Starlight usb 3.0 (from NAA) + iGalvanic 3.0 + Furutech GT2 USB cable + iFi iUsb Micro 3.0 + Oyaide Continental 5S Silver (to DAC) 

- dac T+A DAC 8 DSD  - preamplifier Audio Research LS22r - amplifier Mark Levinson 27.5 - loudspeakers Dynaudio Confidence C1

- Interconnets: Kimber Kable Select - Loudspeaker Cables: Kimber Kable 8TC

- Headphones: Focal Utopia   - Headphone Amplifier: Bryston BHA-1

No, here Muso is a music library manager: klarita.net/muso.html

Quite so. We've recently added HQPlayer to the list of compatible players (which isn't mentioned on that home page, but it's still Beta). Muso should be of interest for any windows HQPlayer users who want a more powerful and fluid front end than HQPlayer itself provides.

Muso developer

Hi, I am testing 2.3.17 (05) with HQP 3.8.2.

I have "Disconnected" error on IPAD / Android.

I think you said on the Muso forums that this later connected and worked fine for you, so it was just the once. In instances like this please re-connect the player in Muso - or more ideally exit Muso and send hqp.log to [email protected] for analysis (restarting will then reconnect).

Muso developer

It's gone now after several reinstalls for good.

Here the other one

Playing Now: Player poller error

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20536[/ATTACH]

I'd need to see the generated hqp.log file to investigate that one. The error before may be because nothing has generated that logs folder before - fixed in 2.3.18.

Muso developer

Exception connecting to TCP socket: connection request denied by 127.0.0.1:4321

Hmm interesting, has it ever worked? I'll see what the HQPlayer developers have to say about that, since 4321 is the port the XML protocol is supposed to communicate on - perhaps you need to open up localhost port 4321 on your firewall.

Muso developer

Hmm interesting, has it ever worked? I'll see what the HQPlayer developers have to say about that, since 4321 is the port the XML protocol is supposed to communicate on - perhaps you need to open up localhost port 4321 on your firewall.
It seems to be working except of NP left panel and remote.

All localhost ports open with hqp in firewall, shell I specially open this particular one?

It seems to be working except of NP left panel and remote.

All localhost ports open with hqp in firewall, shell I specially open this particular one?

I just fixed an issue with patch build 01 on the NP page, don't think it's related but please install this patch.

Worth a try opening port 4321.

Muso developer

Not chance - it still persists.

Tried out but cannot specify this particular TCP port alone in firewall also.

So has this always been an issue with HQPlayer and Muso for you? Try it with hqp-control: navigate to your HQPlayer folder in a command window and issue the command:

hqp-control localhost --state

Do you get a status back?

Muso developer

So has this always been an issue with HQPlayer and Muso for you? Try it with hqp-control: navigate to your HQPlayer folder in a command window and issue the command:

hqp-control localhost --state

Do you get a status back?

OK, now I installed HQP version 3.8.2

Have again "player poller error" in NP

"hqp-control localhost --state" command returns "status: 2 1 0:8 0"

OK, now I installed HQP version 3.8.2

Have again "player poller error" in NP

"hqp-control localhost --state" command returns "status: 2 1 0:8 0"

please send me hqp.log from the muso folder, after you have experienced this issue and exited muso.

Muso developer