IGNORED

HQPlayer + Muso

jeremyb

I only use a wired network (GB) and is going through (a new) dedicated router/separate managed switch so I'm not sure what the deal was. It did give me a warning that it was a "root" drive (the NAS), but it was a mapped drive etc.

I don't recall how long Jriver took, but it was under a half hour and this was only a piece of my library 600GB ~ (as a test). Now there are some older MP3's which I don't have the CD's of anymore so I'm not sure if that slowed things down having to sift through those (I'm using HQP so I set file types to AIFF, DSF, Flac).

As to the artwork, I'll have to double check my settings "Options / Artwork" per your #1+2 explanation, but as stated, all the files have embedded artwork with the additional "folder.jpg" file in each folder.

If you could capture the slowness on a smaller scan (perhaps a single sub-folder of your main folder) in a muso2.log, I can try to analyse where the bottle-neck is.

Muso developer

If you could capture the slowness on a smaller scan (perhaps a single sub-folder of your main folder) in a muso2.log, I can try to analyse where the bottle-neck is.

If I can setup another scan I will send the logs, thanks.

One other question, is there away to read in the what is currently playing in HQP into a Muso session?

For example, if you shut down both apps (say you need to turn everything off for a few days) when you fire them back up, HQP will display the last session so to speak, but at this point you can't control the current "HQP list " from Muso. Or if say you were to load a playlist in HQP, Muso can't update its playlist que.

My rig

Possibly - Muso does this only for squeezebox players presently, but it would be display-only (ie. you won't be able to manipulate the playlist in Muso, only see it, as you do when you queue up tracks from muso). Even now though you should still be able to control the HQPlayer playlist from muso on startup (next track, prev track etc).

Muso developer

I ran a small import from a Tori Amos folder on the NAS

There are six folders and the "Welcome to Sunny Florida" was the only folder that was imported (.AIF) on the initial scan weeks ago since the others did not meet the file type criteria. Except the "Scarlet's Hidden Treasures" although AIF never made it into the lib on initial scan as well as this test, weird (see screen capture of the folder for reference)

T1.JPG

So last eve I converted some of the files from m4a to AIF so they would be part of the library / meet my "file type" criteria on the second scan

Below is the log of the first scan. I added comments in ( ) after the folder to show the file types as well as the actions I took prior to a second scan of the same folders

1st scan

--------------------

FOLDER IMPORT LOG

FileTypes: .flac .aif .aiff .dsf .dff

Folder: M:\Tori Amos

Folder: M:\Tori Amos\From the Choirgirl Hotel => (mp3)

Folder: M:\Tori Amos\The Beekeeper => (m4a)

Folder: M:\Tori Amos\Scarlet's Hidden Treasures, Disc 1 => (AIF, still not part of lib)

Folder: M:\Tori Amos\Boys For Pele => (m4a)

Folder: M:\Tori Amos\Strange Little Girls => (m4a)

Folder: M:\Tori Amos\Welcome To Sunny Florida => (AIF)

28 songs parsed

0 new songs added

0 songs updated

0 albums marked as compilations

0 errors

28 files scanned in 00:04:28.1057292

20565 tracks in muso db

---------------------

2nd scan

---------------------

FOLDER IMPORT LOG

FileTypes: .flac .aif .aiff .dsf .dff

Folder: M:\Tori Amos

Folder: M:\Tori Amos\From the Choirgirl Hotel => (mp3, no changes)

Folder: M:\Tori Amos\The Beekeeper => (m4a converted to AIF)

. Added Tori Amos/The Beekeeper/Original Sinsuality

. Added Tori Amos/The Beekeeper/Sweet the Sting

. Added Tori Amos/The Beekeeper/Parasol

. Added Tori Amos/The Beekeeper/Witness

. Added Tori Amos/The Beekeeper/Goodbye Pisces

. Added Tori Amos/The Beekeeper/Martha's Foolish Ginger

. Added Tori Amos/The Beekeeper/Ireland

. Added Tori Amos/The Beekeeper/Marys of the Sea

. Added Tori Amos/The Beekeeper/Cars and Guitars

. Added Tori Amos/The Beekeeper/The Beekeeper

. Added Tori Amos/The Beekeeper/Mother Revolution

. Added Tori Amos/The Beekeeper/Hoochie Woman

. Added Tori Amos/The Beekeeper/General Joy

. Added Tori Amos/The Beekeeper/Jamaica Inn

. Added Tori Amos/The Beekeeper/Ribbons Undone

. Added Tori Amos/The Beekeeper/The Power of Orange Knickers

. Added Tori Amos/The Beekeeper/Sleeps with Butterflies

. Added Tori Amos/The Beekeeper/Barons of Suburbia

Folder: M:\Tori Amos\Scarlet's Hidden Treasures, Disc 1 => (AIF no changes, still not part of lib)

Folder: M:\Tori Amos\Boys For Pele => (m4a)

Folder: M:\Tori Amos\Strange Little Girls => (m4a converted to AIF)

. Added Tori Amos/Strange Little Girls/I Don't Like Mondays

. Added Tori Amos/Strange Little Girls/I'm Not In Love

. Added Tori Amos/Strange Little Girls/Raining Blood

. Added Tori Amos/Strange Little Girls/Heart Of Gold

. Added Tori Amos/Strange Little Girls/'97 Bonnie & Clyde

. Added Tori Amos/Strange Little Girls/New Age

. Added Tori Amos/Strange Little Girls/Enjoy The Silence

. Added Tori Amos/Strange Little Girls/Time

. Added Tori Amos/Strange Little Girls/Strange Little Girl

. Added Tori Amos/Strange Little Girls/Real Men

. Added Tori Amos/Strange Little Girls/Rattlesnakes

. Added Tori Amos/Strange Little Girls/Happiness Is A Warm Gun

Folder: M:\Tori Amos\Welcome To Sunny Florida => (AIF no changes)

58 songs parsed

30 new songs added

0 songs updated

0 albums marked as compilations

0 errors

58 files scanned in 00:07:37.9731425

20595 tracks in muso db

------------------------------------

Additionally, curious as to the "Artist count total" vs. the number shown in the "Artist" under Music Database

DB.JPG

Last question :), I had a lot of DFF files on initial scan that i have since converted to DSF. In the "Music Database" view, it would appear all of those DFF files (100's) have no entries/metadata in the DB? Would it be recommended to use this view and delete all the "empty" entries?

DB2.JPG

My rig

I would need a diagnostic log (muso2.log) file to investigate the slowness of the import - to start one click on the bug icon top right to make it go red, run an import, then click it again to close it - then send me the file C:\Users\Public\Music\muso\muso2.log. Are you saying in other instances muso simply isn't importing media from some folders?

The tag file scanner can't read tags from DFF though can from DSF, so yes either remove the DFF or manually edit the db for those entries.

Muso developer

The difference in artist count is that the hierarchy view only shows artists who have albums in their name (i.e. they are a "titled" artist). The total artist count will include other artists that have contributed to compilations, but might not have albums in their own name.

Muso developer

I would need a diagnostic log (muso2.log) file to investigate the slowness of the import - to start one click on the bug icon top right to make it go red, run an import, then click it again to close it - then send me the file C:\Users\Public\Music\muso\muso2.log. Are you saying in other instances muso simply isn't importing media from some folders?

The tag file scanner can't read tags from DFF though can from DSF, so yes either remove the DFF or manually edit the db for those entries.

Will do, thank you for your time.

As far as muso not importing media, I dunno, I'm just using the instance of the one Tori Amos folder "Scarlet's Hidden Treasures" which was AIF from the initial scan, never showed up in the lib. I just so happen to notice there was only one Tori album (sunny Florida) when I went looking to play Tori. Maybe its due to the " ' " in "Scarlet's" syntax. I'll rename the folder an try re-adding it

My rig

• 2 weeks later...
FYI - I sent logs and info to [email protected]

Sorry not to get back to you on this. I think the delay is cause by the network traffic required to read the file tags. I had a similar issue today - it was taking up to 20 SECONDS per file (standard mp3 files) to read the tags for a new album. Network connection seemed to be OK, wireless rather than wired but the signal seemed to be strong. When all else failed I rebooted and this magically went down to under 2 seconds per file.

Muso developer

Sorry not to get back to you on this. I think the delay is cause by the network traffic required to read the file tags. I had a similar issue today - it was taking up to 20 SECONDS per file (standard mp3 files) to read the tags for a new album. Network connection seemed to be OK, wireless rather than wired but the signal seemed to be strong. When all else failed I rebooted and this magically went down to under 2 seconds per file.

No problem, thanks for the update ?

I'm not sure what you mean with network traffic (e.g. collisions, saturated etc)? Maybe it's just my NAS performance and how it works with Muso. Although having A+, JRMC, HQP, I didn't experience this issue.

I have rebooted all components in question at some point. However, I will try a fresh reboot of the items in question and try a folder import test and report back.

Thanks again

Sent from CA app

My rig

• 1 month later...

Anyone have good success using Muso web player controller? I tried it and frankly got very unreliable results. Sometimes even the wrong track will play. Also, the interface could use an update. Any plans to improve on the web controller?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Anyone have good success using Muso web player controller? I tried it and frankly got very unreliable results. Sometimes even the wrong track will play. Also, the interface could use an update. Any plans to improve on the web controller?

I didn't get that far. I enabled the server (ran with administrative privileges) by clicking on the remote icon. I could connect from Chrome on my Windows 10 machine, but when I tried Chrome on an Android device it said DNS couldn't resolve the address. How does one fix that problem?

I then tried to kill the muso process in task manager and it would not die. I had to reboot. Any idea why this happened?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

I didn't get that far. I enabled the server (ran with administrative privileges) by clicking on the remote icon. I could connect from Chrome on my Windows 10 machine, but when I tried Chrome on an Android device it said DNS couldn't resolve the address. How does one fix that problem?

I then tried to kill the muso process in task manager and it would not die. I had to reboot. Any idea why this happened?

OK it seems to be working now using just something like windows8:5555 after adding a firewall rule to open port 5555.

I'm not really sure if I built the firewall rule with appropriate restrictions on its scope. It would be nice to see the proper procedure documented to enable the remote control.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

OK it seems to be working now using just something like windows8:5555 after adding a firewall rule to open port 5555.

I'm not really sure if I built the firewall rule with appropriate restrictions on its scope. It would be nice to see the proper procedure documented to enable the remote control.

Did you get the remote control working on your Android? If so what did you think of it?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Did you get the remote control working on your Android? If so what did you think of it?

I'll certainly report back but I'm a bit overwhelmed by other business for a few days. I really want this to work. All I really want is a good remote for HQPlayer from a responsive developer. Ideally, I'd also like Qobuz integration which even Roon doesn't offer yet.

I'll certainly report back but I'm a bit overwhelmed by other business for a few days. I really want this to work. All I really want is a good remote for HQPlayer from a responsive developer. Ideally, I'd also like Qobuz integration which even Roon doesn't offer yet.

Ok thank you! I am in the same boat. I cant get myself to pay over $100 for Roon though its android remote works really well. I may have to try HQP embedded so I can continue to use BubbleUPnP.

Other components:

I got a micro rendu so I'm focused on using HQPlayer/NAA rather than embedded. The micro rendu works very nicely with BubbleUPnP and MinimServer in DLNA/MPD mode. For the $499 price of Roon, I can buy an Nvidia GTX 1070 for CUDA offload or an UtraCap power supply for the micro rendu, and Roon is just way more function than I need.

I got a micro rendu so I'm focused on using HQPlayer/NAA rather than embedded. The micro rendu works very nicely with BubbleUPnP and MinimServer in DLNA/MPD mode. For the $499 price of Roon, I can buy an Nvidia GTX 1070 for CUDA offload or an UtraCap power supply for the micro rendu, and Roon is just way more function than I need.

I totally agree with you about Roon. All I need is a simple way to browse my library and control playback. I've been using Minimserver and Jplay with Bubble for a while now and its been exactly what I need. I want to keep the same set up but use HQ Player as the renderer. However, HQPlayer does not support UPnP or DLNA except for the unsupported embedded feature. I was hoping Muso would work well with HQPlayer but so far its been a big disappointment in terms of its web controller. I really want to use HQ Player so embedded looks like the only way to go if I want to use Bubble and Minimserver instead of spending $500 on Room.

Other components:

I totally agree with you about Roon. All I need is a simple way to browse my library and control playback. I've been using Minimserver and Jplay with Bubble for a while now and its been exactly what I need. I want to keep the same set up but use HQ Player as the renderer. However, HQPlayer does not support UPnP or DLNA except for the unsupported embedded feature. I was hoping Muso would work well with HQPlayer but so far its been a big disappointment in terms of its web controller. I really want to use HQ Player so embedded looks like the only way to go if I want to use Bubble and Minimserver instead of spending $500 on Room.

Muso works flowlessy with HQP on WinServer.

No problem with web controller on IOS, Android and Windows.

No problem with web controller on IOS, Android and Windows.

Unfortunately I had the total opposite experience. I will give it another go and see if anything changes.

Other components:

Hi Jeremy, I downloaded the latest copy of Muso. I have Windows 10 with all the latest updates.

My problem is this: none of the windows in Muso are able to scroll! I am even stuck on page 1 of the Help page because I can't scroll past the first page. If I have a collection of music that spans multiple pages, I can't get past the first page.

Given that Muso is browser based, I made sure I have the latest version of the Edge explorer. Still no dice.

Are you aware that this is a bug? Do you know any workarounds?

Hi Jeremy, I downloaded the latest copy of Muso. I have Windows 10 with all the latest updates.

My problem is this: none of the windows in Muso are able to scroll! I am even stuck on page 1 of the Help page because I can't scroll past the first page. If I have a collection of music that spans multiple pages, I can't get past the first page.

Given that Muso is browser based, I made sure I have the latest version of the Edge explorer. Still no dice.

Are you aware that this is a bug? Do you know any workarounds?

This is with remote, using an edge browser?

musoware forums • View topic - Remote on Windows 10 Edge Browser

Muso developer