IGNORED

Auralic Aries Mini

Another album art post.

I set up my mini went with pretty much no hitches. Scanned the music from my Readynas...that I used for streaming to my squeeze box. Music was ripped using dbpoweramp with music in flac files and album art in jpg format. All Music shows up and plays....but only about 10% show album art. I tried reripping a couple of discs to see if maybe the files were corrupted...but proved no different.

Someone said to rescan...I didn't see that option...but did see refresh cache. I tried clearing cache and refreshing several times. nada. The new discs I have ripped so far(2) show album art. It has been at least a week since I started..I waited and tried what I could on my own before posting.

Any Ideas?

I've just ordered one of these:

HDPLEX Fanless Linear Power Supply for PC Audio and CE device

I'm having the 19v output reduced to 16v for my Aries mini.

Then you could use the 12v output for your Chord dac.

once you've heard what a decent LPS can do for the Aries you'll want one for the dac as well! This way you only have to buy one :)

Holy cow, I had no idea I could order HDPlex stuff from Europe!! Woohoo, that's a game changer!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Another album art post.

I set up my mini went with pretty much no hitches. Scanned the music from my Readynas...that I used for streaming to my squeeze box. Music was ripped using dbpoweramp with music in flac files and album art in jpg format. All Music shows up and plays....but only about 10% show album art. I tried reripping a couple of discs to see if maybe the files were corrupted...but proved no different.

Someone said to rescan...I didn't see that option...but did see refresh cache. I tried clearing cache and refreshing several times. nada. The new discs I have ripped so far(2) show album art. It has been at least a week since I started..I waited and tried what I could on my own before posting.

Any Ideas?

Why do I get the feeling that Auralic's app can be buggy? Wasn't there another issue a few weeks ago again...???

1) Selah Audio Fedele Speakers (Revel in ceiling surrounds) QNAP TS-251 NAS accessed w/ a Ruku Ultra through SPDIF ipurifier into a Marantz SR7008 A/V receiver.

2) Freya + preamp, Hypex NC400 Amp, Zaph L18 Speakers, Martin Logan Dynamo sub-woofer

Bluesound Node 2 and Pro-Ject Expression w/ AT440mlb.

Hello everyone.I have checked a few of the Auralic posts on the site but I can't find the exact answer. So any help would be great. First of all. very excited about having the Auralic mini. I wanted something other than my MacBook Pro to play hi res files. I have a Chord Electronics DAVE DAC and some B & W 803 D speakers to play the music through however, I purchased it recently and i cannot get my files to load into the Auralic. So I connected it to my network, no problems. I have all of my Hi Res files on a Toshiba Canvio 3.0 external hard drive.So, first I plugged the Toshiba drive into the mini and selected “existing music library” from the app menu during set up. I then selected the USB drive option…. it then says there was an error.So. I went to my Mac and saw the Auralic under the “sharing” tab in the Mac finder details. I tried dumping the files from the toshiba into the Auralic… no success. Then I tried transferring all the files from the Toshiba onto the Mac and from the Mac onto the Auralic. It just won’t do it. Can anybody suggest something?It seems like a simple machine to workRegardsRob

@rjb301 -

You do not want to try to copy files to the Auralic as you do not have an internal drive installed in the Auralic.

The correct thing is as you have done to connect the USB Drive ( Toshiba ) to the USB input port on the Auralic.

Questions, what file format is the Toshiba drive in, I assume you formatted it with your Mac?

Second is the external power you use for your Toshiba drive or is the Auralic powering it?

And most importantly, what error message did you receive when trying to load your library from the USB drive?

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Out of curiosity, can any people from Europe tell me how much the Aries Mini costs retail price? Here in Greece it's €590 incl local VAT, which is way off the retail price that Auralic had suggested for the rest of the world, excl USA... Maybe the price changed for everyone and not just USA?

£375 inc VAT @20% in the UK. No Tidal offer but from what Xuanqian said to DAR it would appear that a 3 month trial offer is coming (just new purchases? Not sure yet).

Out of curiosity, can any people from Europe tell me how much the Aries Mini costs retail price? Here in Greece it's €590 incl local VAT, which is way off the retail price that Auralic had suggested for the rest of the world, excl USA... Maybe the price changed for everyone and not just USA?

Buy it on eBay. 499€ + 17 shipping

Another album art post.

Any Ideas?

Had the same problem with my Aries. It reads only folder.jpg. No capital F. Problem solved by an Aries update. Maybe same bug in the mini?

Mini White, € 499,-- (incl. Shipping in the Netherlands)

https://www.wifimedia.eu/en/auralic-aries-mini-white.html

Mini Black, € 499,-- (incl. Shipping in the Netherlands)

https://www.wifimedia.eu/en/auralic-aries-mini-black.html

Audio

Auralic Aries Mini > SBooster Vbus Isolator > Clicktronic USB 2.0 cable 0.5m > UpTone Audio REGEN (amber) > Curious USB REGEN link > Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > inakustik Reference NF-102 (RCA) > PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Integrated Amplifier (EL34 tubes) > AH! DLS Direkt KB10 Speaker Cable > Sonus Faber Liuto Tower

~ and ~

Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > Belkin male 3.5-3.5 stereo jack iPod cable (with 6.3 adapter) > Sennheiser RS180

Powerline

Dedicated power group > Oehlbach Powercord OFC 1.5mm2 Schuko-C13 > Furman AC-210A E Power Conditioner > Powerline 1 to PrimaLuna, Powerline 2 to Brennenstuhl Premium Powersocket

UpTone Audio REGEN is powered by Meanwell SMPS with SBooster Ultra for REGEN

Auralic Aries Mini is powered by SBooster BOTW P&P ECO 15/16V with SBooster Ultra 15V

Mini White, € 499,-- (incl. Shipping in the Netherlands)

https://www.wifimedia.eu/en/auralic-aries-mini-white.html

Mini Black, € 499,-- (incl. Shipping in the Netherlands)

https://www.wifimedia.eu/en/auralic-aries-mini-black.html

As was expected, in Greece it's more expensive and in general we can all kiss goodbye to the $399 price tag that was so overhyped. Oh well...

I have ordered the Mini so I'm waiting on its arrival in a few days. I have a question that I hope someone will be able to help me with or at least point me in the right direction:

I have a Drobo N (the network one) with my music on it, Has anyone connected one of these devices using ethernet and if so, are there any useful tips on how to get up and running.

Thanks, in anticipation.

My Aries Mini doesn't seem to let my NAS sleep, which is annoying. Anything I can do about this? I had the full size Aries and I don't remember it doing this, although I might be wrong.

My NAS (synology ds213) seems to auto sleep just fine. I don't remember doing anything special on the Mini.

So what you're seeing is not inherent to the Aries Mini's design. The only thing I can think that can cause what you're seeing - other than actual access to files due to playback or scanning - is some kind of library presence check, I.e. a heartbeat.

Beyond that it's hard to say. Have you contacted Auralic support?

austinpop and SuperPang - are you both using the Lightning Server software with the Aries to manage your music library on your NAS?

I ask in case one of you might be using Minimserver as opposed to Lightning Server.

In other words, I for example have a Synology NAS, running Minimserver and do not have an issue, but since I am not running the Lightning Server software I cannot attest to whether it is from time to time perform activity on the NAS which would keep it from going to sleep. Given that one has to force a re scan for when new content is added, I would not think Lightning Server is constantly polling the NAS< but as suggested by austinpop it is worth contacting Auralic Support.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

from the self help menu in Synology NAS.. suspect you changed more than using the Mini

[h=4]Why won't my Synology NAS hibernate?[/h] Please note that the following services will prevent the Synology NAS from entering hibernation mode. Furthermore, the system will exit hibernation mode two minutes before any scheduled task.

Packages:

• Download Station: Synology NAS cannot hibernate if Download Station is running eMule, RSS scheduled download, or active tasks.
  • Mail Station: Synology NAS cannot hibernate if Mail Station is fetching from POP3.
  • Surveillance Station: Synology NAS cannot hibernate if Surveillance Station is recording.
  • Media Server: Synology NAS cannot hibernate if DMA log is enabled in Media Server settings (Go to Main Menu > Media Server > Media Server > Diagnose).
  • Directory Server
  • Webalizer
  • Logitech® Media Server
  • Plex Media Server
  • Other third party software or optware such as SABnzbd

Processes:

• Thumbnail and indexing: Synology NAS cannot hibernate while generating thumbnails or re-indexing multimedia files post-upgrade. During this time, the “synoindexd” process will be listed as “Running” (Go to Main Menu > Resource Monitor > Process).
  • Local Master Browser: Synology NAS cannot hibernate if Local Master Browser is enabled (Go to Control Panel > Win/Mac/NFS > Windows File Service > Enable Local Master Browser).
  • Windows Media Player: Synology NAS cannot hibernate if Windows Media Player’s Network Sharing Service is enabled in the LAN.
  • Synology NAS cannot hibernate if number of concurrent processes requires swap, where RAM capacity has been exceeded and HDDs are used temporarily for read/write operations.

Others

• USB Devices: Synology NAS cannot enter System Hibernation if any USB devices are attached to the unit.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

As was expected, in Greece it's more expensive and in general we can all kiss goodbye to the $399 price tag that was so overhyped. Oh well...

Overhyped by whom? I don't think it was Auralic doing the hyping.

€100 doesn't exactly take it into a different price class either, still a bargain IMO

Aries Mini owners, I hope you can answer a question for me. Can the Mini simultaneously output a signal from both the USB digital output and the analog outputs? Or is the user required to go into Lightning DS app and switch from USB to analog? (I've checked the online user manual, but I want to make sure.) Thank you.

Guildenstern