IGNORED

Auralic Aries Mini

Hi to everyone,

I think about to buy the Aries Mini. I use a M2Tech Young (not DSD) and the question is: Will it be better to buy the BOTW ECO + Ultra for the Aries or should I think about the M2Tech Van der Graaf, so I could use it for the Young and for the Aries. Does anybody know if this will work?

Hi Dave,

so you think the van der Graaf will be a bit oversized? Maybe you're right. I thought about this solution in the hope of that it will sound much better than the combination of two BOTW. But here in Germany the two BOTW's will cost only 2/3 of the van der Graaf... a lot of money for more HighRes... :-)

Greetings

senius

Hi,

I tried to connect my Aries mini with a B&W Zeppelin air by usb. Did not work :(

Does someone has made another experience?

And especially - does someone know or can anyhow test if the Aries works with a bang & olufsen beoplay a9.

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Hi all,

Question here on upgrade priorities. I'm loving the Aries Mini, which I use as both streamer and DAC. At first there was quite a bit of edginess to the DAC, as others have reported, but things have smoothed out somewhat over the last month. I'd like to do one of two upgrades:

1. Buy an HDPlex linear power supply for the Aries Mini, which would also feed my turntable and phono stage.

2. Replace the stock vacuum tubes in my integrated amplifier (Concident Dynamo), which many people say has a major effect.

Thoughts on which of these to prioritize? My goal is to retain the incredible detail and speed I'm getting now while removing the last bit of edginess from the presentation. I don't want to do both upgrades right now.

Thanks for your advice!

Got my Aries Mini at last. According to Igloo, there are currently no Mini's with a 3 pin plug and English manual for the UK market, only the German two pin, which wouldn't bother me except for the fact I can't fit the plug under my hifi rack with a travel adapter attached.

Do any other UK buyers have any idea where we could source the 3 pin attachment for this "wall wart", or an alternative PSU that would work. I don't want the LPS.

Hi SuperPang

I got mine in October from Igloo and got a German version too (I knew what I was getting). If you are going to use the internal DAC then I would recommend getting a LPS as it makes a big difference to the sound. I have the Auralic one but there are plenty of others available on the Bay etc. 16v 1A required (can get away with slightly different measures).

That would seem fine if the polarity of the centre pin is correct (cannot remember).

But you avoided the Q about using the internal DAC....

I'll be using it with my Hugo TT. I had the full size Aries with LPS and prefer the sound of my Cyrus streamer in my system so I've got a Mini for Tidal.

RE - Power supply.

What is the Specificaion of ARIES MINI Power Input

It is 16V in 1A as standard.

The lowest acceptable input voltage is 14V(1.2A) and the maximum is 18V(1A).

Though the supplied SMPS is rated at 15V 1A.

Product Specification – AURALIC LIMITED

All the basic information required is here.

http://support.auralic.com/hc/en-us

I've posted the voltage spec. 3 times now.......

The centre pin is positive (not mentioned in Support )