IGNORED

Auralic Aries Mini

I have an SBooster LPS (BOTW P&P Eco 15/16v) with Ultra. Aries Mini has internal SSD. Works like a charm. Just contact SBooster for details.

Aries Mini streams to external DAC through USB. LPS gives noticable improvement in HARMONICS. So, you'll notice a refinement of sound, better timbre and a better resolved ambience where the music was recorded. Is it worth your money? It depends. First I spent money on Uptone Audio"s REGEN and a better RCA interlink between DAC / preamp and amp. Allthough these did a lot for SQ, it all came really to live thanks to improved power supplies.

Thanks for the reply. I was just looking at the REGEN you were talking about, looks like a Jitterbug type USB cleaning device or whatever they are called. I had read Jason @ Schiit has said you don't need one of these types of devices with the Yggy because the USB implementation is top notch so I am thinking that wouldn't provide any improvements in my particular setup, but it sounds like the SBooster would.

Hi Jaap

Short answer, yes.

Long answer ... (post 949)

Even longer answer... (post 949)

The Aries renderers can operate in either standard UPnP mode or OpenHome mode. Unusually, for a UPnP control point, the BubbleUPnP Android app can control OpenHome renderers as well as standard UPnP ones. Both the Aries streamers and the BubbleUPnP Android app support standard UPnP gapless option and OpenHome is gapless by design. So, regardless of the Aries Mini being in either standard UPnP mode or OpenHome mode, if it is being controlled by the BubbleUPnP Android app, the answer to your question is yes.

Thank you for the very extensive answer. The longer and the even longer answer explain the complicated interaction between streamer and server clearly.

I've been looking for an explanation on playing music gapless when not using the proprietary app. Reviews usually leave it at a "yes" and Aries doesn't make a use of this unique selling point.

Yours is the first comprehensive explanation given. I suggest to make this a first of a new thread on gapless playing so it will be easy to find.

Thanks again!

Hello everyone.I have checked a few of the Auralic posts on the site but I can't find the exact answer. So any help would be great. First of all. very excited about having the Auralic mini. I wanted something other than my MacBook Pro to play hi res files. I have a Chord Electronics DAVE DAC and some B & W 803 D speakers to play the music through however, I purchased it recently and i cannot get my files to load into the Auralic. So I connected it to my network, no problems. I have all of my Hi Res files on a Toshiba Canvio 3.0 external hard drive.So, first I plugged the Toshiba drive into the mini and selected “existing music library” from the app menu during set up. I then selected the USB drive option…. it then says there was an error.So. I went to my Mac and saw the Auralic under the “sharing” tab in the Mac finder details. I tried dumping the files from the toshiba into the Auralic… no success. Then I tried transferring all the files from the Toshiba onto the Mac and from the Mac onto the Auralic. It just won’t do it. Can anybody suggest something?It seems like a simple machine to workRegardsRob

try defragmenting the drive, has worked for me

I own a Aurelic Aries mini and would like it to play hi res music in a multiroom setup.

Therefore I'm thinking of buying 5 more Aries Mini devices, but I understand that the native app Lightning ds does'nt have the possibility to simultaniously play the same stream of music over multiple Aries mini devices.

Would anybody know, or has somebody tested this with the Linn Kinsky app with more than 1 Aries mini? The Kinsky app can stream music to different Linn DS streamers, with the possibility to select 'rooms' in the app. Also change the volume of a 'group' of streamers is something I would really like to have in a app.

Would anybody know if this works from own experience? Or if the Linn Kinsky app does'nt work, does someone know an alternative app which will do multiroom, grouping zones, party-mode, playing one stream to several Aries mini's with the possibility to change the volume of each player individualy or as a group.

Your views and/or expertise are highly valued on this subject.

I own an Auralic Aries Mini. After a few weeks the left line out channel stopped working. The left speaker is just hissing softly. When rebooting the mini, the left speaker cracks 2-3 times. I tested amp and spaker, it is really the Mini. Did anyone have the same problem? Does anyone have an idea how I could solve it on my own before sending it for repair?

I run the Mini with an internal Samsung SSD with internal DAC via line out to amp.

Many thanks for your replies.

I own an Auralic Aries Mini. After a few weeks the left line out channel stopped working. The left speaker is just hissing softly. When rebooting the mini, the left speaker cracks 2-3 times. I tested amp and spaker, it is really the Mini. Did anyone have the same problem? Does anyone have an idea how I could solve it on my own before sending it for repair?

I run the Mini with an internal Samsung SSD with internal DAC via line out to amp.

Many thanks for your replies.

Jut double checking, have you tried changing out the cable between the line out on the Aries Mini and your pre amp?

Or at least swap the RCA cable connection to the back of the Aries Mini, meaning swap the right and left cables at the output of the Aries Mini to see if the problem moves to the right speaker?

I too have an internal HD in the Aries Mini an use it via line out.

Was your dealer or Auralic Support able to provide any troubleshooting tips?

It does sound like you may have to send back if you can confirm other devices work fine with your preamp/amp and speakers.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Jut double checking, have you tried changing out the cable between the line out on the Aries Mini and your pre amp?

Or at least swap the RCA cable connection to the back of the Aries Mini, meaning swap the right and left cables at the output of the Aries Mini to see if the problem moves to the right speaker?

I too have an internal HD in the Aries Mini an use it via line out.

Was your dealer or Auralic Support able to provide any troubleshooting tips?

It does sound like you may have to send back if you can confirm other devices work fine with your preamp/amp and speakers.

yes, I swapped the cables left and right and I tried another calbe. The problem is actually the left line out. Both speakers and the amp are working properly, I checked.

The dealer is not very communicative at the moment, besides the comment to send it back. I hope someone can give me a tip. But I assume it is a hardware problem and needs to be sent in.

yes, I swapped the cables left and right and I tried another calbe. The problem is actually the left line out. Both speakers and the amp are working properly, I checked.

The dealer is not very communicative at the moment, besides the comment to send it back. I hope someone can give me a tip. But I assume it is a hardware problem and needs to be sent in.

Sounds like a cold solder on the RCA jack, best to exchange it.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Hi all. Hoping someone can help me with a question!

Ok my system is currently Aries Mini (SSD) > Auralic Vega > Auralic Taurus > Fostex TH-900.

I'm wondering which of these options might yield the best results:

1. Auralic LPS or

2. Ifi Ipower 15v + Uptone Regen

Advice appreciated thanks!

Hi all. Hoping someone can help me with a question!

Ok my system is currently Aries Mini (SSD) > Auralic Vega > Auralic Taurus > Fostex TH-900.

I'm wondering which of these options might yield the best results:

1. Auralic LPS or

2. Ifi Ipower 15v + Uptone Regen

Advice appreciated thanks!

Phew, difficult question, because what may work in one system, or for one's ears, may not work in another system...

To my ears, the greatest impact on SQ had:

1. Uptone Regen

2. Curious Cable from Regen to DAC (Wadia 121)

For a better overal 'dark background' my power supply upgrades certainly worked wonders. Greater imoact from the SBooster LPS with Ultra for Mini feeding the Aries Mini than the Ultra for Regen on the Regen.

so, to answer yout question: I'd probaly chose the Ifi power uograde and a Regen.

Good luck!

Audio

Auralic Aries Mini > SBooster Vbus Isolator > Clicktronic USB 2.0 cable 0.5m > UpTone Audio REGEN (amber) > Curious USB REGEN link > Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > inakustik Reference NF-102 (RCA) > PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Integrated Amplifier (EL34 tubes) > AH! DLS Direkt KB10 Speaker Cable > Sonus Faber Liuto Tower

~ and ~

Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > Belkin male 3.5-3.5 stereo jack iPod cable (with 6.3 adapter) > Sennheiser RS180

Powerline

Dedicated power group > Oehlbach Powercord OFC 1.5mm2 Schuko-C13 > Furman AC-210A E Power Conditioner > Powerline 1 to PrimaLuna, Powerline 2 to Brennenstuhl Premium Powersocket

UpTone Audio REGEN is powered by Meanwell SMPS with SBooster Ultra for REGEN

Auralic Aries Mini is powered by SBooster BOTW P&P ECO 15/16V with SBooster Ultra 15V

Apologies if this was posted already.

From this interview:

AURALiC Mainman Talks Aries, Roon, MQA (kinda) | DAR__KO

It does sound like RoonReady is never coming to the Aries Mini. They want you to have SOME reason to pay more for the standard Aries (besides sound quality/industrial design apparently) so they are restricting RoonReady to that higher price point device.

Bummer, I was somewhat interested in setting up Roon. I guess there's always the microRendu for going that route at an affordable price.

Aries Mini -> Audioquest Forest -> Musical Fidelity M6si -> Nordost White -> Ascend Acoustics Sierra RAAL tower

Major headache.

Getting 'Unable to find selected device' in Lightning DS when setting up the Mini.

I can connect to the mini then give it access to my network but when Lightning DS tries to find the Mini on my network I get

this error message.

Help appreciated!

Major headache.

Getting 'Unable to find selected device' in Lightning DS when setting up the Mini.

I can connect to the mini then give it access to my network but when Lightning DS tries to find the Mini on my network I get

this error message.

Help appreciated!

thathertz:

I suggest that, if possible, you set up your Mini on a 5GHz net and the rest of your wireless network on the 2.4 GHz. This worked for me and I was using an otherwise reliable router (recent model of the Apple Extreme). I can't help you with the network tweaking as I had to be walked through it myself. It worked for me.

Update your firmware too.

Good luck!

Mike

Major headache.

this error message.

Help appreciated!

After you setup the Mini for your network, make sure your mobile device is on the same network and not looking for a separate Mini network or even off of WiFi.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Start with the basics (1) is the indicator light on the mini white, indicating it sees your wireless/wired network attached? (2) Remember that for initial setup the mini acts as its own wifi hotspot and after setup is done you have to exit the mini as your wifi network and reattach to your normal wifi network with iPad or iPhone controller that did the setup. The shareware app at the link below "Advanced IP Scanner" is useful for verifying if looking from your network you can see the Aries attached.

Advanced IP Scanner - free and easy-to-use network scanner

Assuming these are good you may need to contact Auralic for help.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Apologies if it's been posted already but does anyone know what size connector the power supply has? It can't be the standard 2.1 x 5.5mm as I've bought two different 15V 1A units off ebay and neither fit.

2.5mm X 5.5mm should do the trick.

AURALiC Aries LE -> Bryston BDA-2 -> BHA-1 -> Audeze LCD-2F or MrSpeakers Alpha Dog

AURALiC Aries Mini -> Bel Canto e.One DAC3 -> Sennheiser HDVA 600 -> HD 800 or HD 650

AURALiC Aries Mini -> Audeze Deckard -> Audeze LCD-2.2 or Oppo PM-1 or beyerdynamic K702

Apologies if this was posted already.

From this interview:

AURALiC Mainman Talks Aries, Roon, MQA (kinda) | DAR__KO

It does sound like RoonReady is never coming to the Aries Mini. They want you to have SOME reason to pay more for the standard Aries (besides sound quality/industrial design apparently) so they are restricting RoonReady to that higher price point device.

Bummer, I was somewhat interested in setting up Roon. I guess there's always the microRendu for going that route at an affordable price.

Yes very disappointing!

On

Auralic clearly hinted that the Mini would get Roon at a later date by writing:

"Both these eagerly-awaited technologies will be demonstrated at the 2016 CES, and will be available soon afterwards via online firmware update. MQA decoding will be available for all three AURALiC’s lightning streaming devices: ARIES, ARIES LE and ARIES MINI. The RoonReady capability will initially be available for the ARIES and ARIES LE."

If I knew they would change their mind I would never have bought the Mini.