IGNORED

Auralic Aries Mini

I get disconnected from my aries mini (connected to a wireless access point by an Ethernet cable) about every other day, i.e., Lightning DS on my iphone does not see the mini, and then have to redo the set-up process to reconnect. Anybody else having this problem?

whenever this happens, i select the option to 'Just Start-Up' and My Aries will pop up after a few seconds

Hi: I could use your expertise regarding the new Aries Min setup I have. First, does your Mini run warm on top all the time? I have an SSD installed which works fine and the bottom side...SSD side is much cooler than the top.Secondly, I have a Yulong D18 dac with a free optical port...would that be any better than the Mini's dac?

Hi thecafeman

The top will run warm if the power is on as this is where all the electronics are just below the surface. The under side should be cool in comparison.

Never heard of your external DAC. Give it a go and find out. The internal DAC is significantly improved by using a Linear Power Supply. I have the Auralic LPS connected to mine and am very happy with the sound.

Regards

Neil

There are some mentioned earlier in this thread. The Teddy Pardo seems to have gone up in price recently. The Bay will be the place to get a cheap one. 16V and something over 1A should be fine. Just make sure you get the right size pin (cannot recall the size).

5.5mm/2.5mm?

Thanks! Maybe Karin from sbooster can comment on the - as I find - confusing owners manuals of both units. In the OM of the Botw is written, the ACC position is for units like the Sbooster Ultra. In the OM of the Sbooster Ultra is written 16 V but concerning the Aries units it is also written, that you can choose 15 V as well, which would sound better. So we have mentioned all the three options, if you take a look at both OMs...

Thanks! Maybe Karin from sbooster can comment on the - as I find - confusing owners manuals of both units. In the OM of the Botw is written, the ACC position is for units like the Sbooster Ultra. In the OM of the Sbooster Ultra is written 16 V but concerning the Aries units it is also written, that you can choose 15 V as well, which would sound better. So we have mentioned all the three options, if you take a look at both OMs...

Dear Soulution,

Thank you for using one of our upgrade products.

The correct DC output setting for the power supply, when using the Ultra, is stated in the Sbooster Ultra manual. For the 15/16V BOTW P&P ECO you have to switch the power supply to 16V (for the other BOTW P&P ECO-models you had to use the ACC, when using an Ultra. For the current Ultras please use the Voltage settings as stated in the Ultra manual).

When you do not use the Ultra, the 15V-setting is best 'sounding' Voltage for the Auralic products in our opinion.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards, Karin

Sbooster, enjoy more music.........

Meet us at the Montréal Audio Fest 23-28 March 2018

RE - Power supply.

What is the Specificaion of ARIES MINI Power Input

It is 16V in 1A as standard.

The lowest acceptable input voltage is 14V(1.2A) and the maximum is 18V(1A).

Though the supplied SMPS is rated at 15V 1A.

/QUOTE]

As I posted earlier the RED section is copy/paste from AURALIC LIMITED

Where much information is available.

I'm using a LPS running at 16.5V.

Karin,

I am about to purchase an Sbooster 15V/16V. I have the Auralic Aries Mini with a 1TB internal SSD Samsung 850 EVO. Can I use the Ultra with this setup? The manual says not, because of increased power requirements resulting in increased noise - however there is someone on the forum who seems to be happy with this combination.

If it can be done, what combination of Sbooster and Ultra should I use?

- Auralic Aries Mini +SB LPS | Chord 2Qute +SB LPS | Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon | Sennheiser HD 800

- Apple TV 4 | Oppo BDP 105 | Marantz SR7008 | Polk LSIM 703 | Polk Audio LSiM 704c | Martin Logan Subwoofer | Sony Bravia LCD

- Rega Planar 3 | Audiomods Series V micrometer | Dynavector 20X2L | Aurealis Cinemag CM-1254 | Audio Alchemy PPA-1/PS-5 | Parasound Halo P 5 | Parasound Halo A21 | KEF LS50 | Rythmik Servo Subwoofer

Does the Sbooster with Ultra power the Aries Mini? If so, do you use its internal DAC or an external one?

I use an external DAC (Wadia 121). I found both RCA output and usb-to-dac output profit from the LPS. However, the impact on SQ is most while using internal DAC / RCA output.

Audio

Auralic Aries Mini > SBooster Vbus Isolator > Clicktronic USB 2.0 cable 0.5m > UpTone Audio REGEN (amber) > Curious USB REGEN link > Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > inakustik Reference NF-102 (RCA) > PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Integrated Amplifier (EL34 tubes) > AH! DLS Direkt KB10 Speaker Cable > Sonus Faber Liuto Tower

~ and ~

Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > Belkin male 3.5-3.5 stereo jack iPod cable (with 6.3 adapter) > Sennheiser RS180

Powerline

Dedicated power group > Oehlbach Powercord OFC 1.5mm2 Schuko-C13 > Furman AC-210A E Power Conditioner > Powerline 1 to PrimaLuna, Powerline 2 to Brennenstuhl Premium Powersocket

UpTone Audio REGEN is powered by Meanwell SMPS with SBooster Ultra for REGEN

Auralic Aries Mini is powered by SBooster BOTW P&P ECO 15/16V with SBooster Ultra 15V

Hi: I could use your expertise regarding the new Aries Min setup I have. First, does your Mini run warm on top all the time? I have an SSD installed which works fine and the bottom side...SSD side is much cooler than the top.Secondly, I have a Yulong D18 dac with a free optical port...would that be any better than the Mini's dac?

Mine is running hot as well on the top side. Just fyi.

Audio

Auralic Aries Mini > SBooster Vbus Isolator > Clicktronic USB 2.0 cable 0.5m > UpTone Audio REGEN (amber) > Curious USB REGEN link > Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > inakustik Reference NF-102 (RCA) > PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Integrated Amplifier (EL34 tubes) > AH! DLS Direkt KB10 Speaker Cable > Sonus Faber Liuto Tower

~ and ~

Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > Belkin male 3.5-3.5 stereo jack iPod cable (with 6.3 adapter) > Sennheiser RS180

Powerline

Dedicated power group > Oehlbach Powercord OFC 1.5mm2 Schuko-C13 > Furman AC-210A E Power Conditioner > Powerline 1 to PrimaLuna, Powerline 2 to Brennenstuhl Premium Powersocket

Auralic Aries Mini is powered by SBooster BOTW P&P ECO 15/16V with SBooster Ultra 15V

I use an external DAC (Wadia 121). I found both RCA output and usb-to-dac output profit from the LPS. However, the impact on SQ is most while using internal DAC / RCA output.

Thank you

- Auralic Aries Mini +SB LPS | Chord 2Qute +SB LPS | Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon | Sennheiser HD 800

- Apple TV 4 | Oppo BDP 105 | Marantz SR7008 | Polk LSIM 703 | Polk Audio LSiM 704c | Martin Logan Subwoofer | Sony Bravia LCD

- Rega Planar 3 | Audiomods Series V micrometer | Dynavector 20X2L | Aurealis Cinemag CM-1254 | Audio Alchemy PPA-1/PS-5 | Parasound Halo P 5 | Parasound Halo A21 | KEF LS50 | Rythmik Servo Subwoofer

whenever this happens, i select the option to 'Just Start-Up' and My Aries will pop up after a few seconds

Same problem / solution here. Already reported this to Auralic.

Audio

~ and ~

Powerline

Thanks Karin!

I really appreciate your prompt reply. Your explanations are very helpful.

Unit with SBOOSTER sounds way better right from the start. MUCH better controlled bass, more separation of voices and instruments. A litte dark sounding at the moment, but the power supply only has three hours now...