IGNORED

Article: The Show Newport, Day 3

I think this show is the best one in the U.S.

Great coverage, thx.

- Mark

Synology DS916+ > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > Netgear switch > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > dCS Vivaldi Upsampler (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 Dual 110 Ohm AES/EBU > dCS Vivaldi DAC (David Elrod Statement Gold power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > Absolare Passion preamp (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > VTL MB-450 III (Shunyata King Cobra CX power cords) > Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker > Kaiser Kaewero Classic /JL Audio F110 (Wireworld Platinum power cord).

Power Conditioning: Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding (AC, preamp and dac) / Shunyata Hydra Triton + Typhoon (Shunyata Anaconda ZiTron umbilical/Shunyata King Cobra CX power cord) > Furutec GTX D-Rhodium AC outlet.

Hi Chris, thanks for all the great information and pictures. I may have missed it, but did Merging have a working demo of their new DAC and were you able to see and hear it. Thanks, Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

Cool to hear about Philip and the stalwart Luxman + Vivid combo. Passed on to him some free 2l.no DSD128 I had with me on a USB key a few years back at an Audio Show. We were glad to try that on the Luxman & Vivids.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Hi Chris, thanks for all the great information and pictures. I may have missed it, but did Merging have a working demo of their new DAC and were you able to see and hear it. Thanks, Larry

Hi Larry - There was a NADAC at the show but I wasn't able to hear it when I stopped in to the EMM room where it was in the rack with the EMM DACs.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Larry, Bruce Brown heard it and loved it. He comments on it at his WB forum.

"Heard this new NADAC for the first time in a "decent" system over the weekend at Philip O Hanlon's lair. I've very familiar with the house sound of Merging as having used their equipment for the past decade. To say this unit impressed is an understatement. I had listened to Philip's system for a while before the NADAC was inserted so I had a handle on what the system was capable of.

Merging has a winner on their hands and a contender for the great Lampi..."

Thanks, Ted and Chris. I'll be hearing the Merging DAC in 3 weeks at Merging, I think in a mch configuration.

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

Actually there were 2 demos of NADAC at The Show Newport. Stereo DSD up to DSD 256 was being played continuously on the NADAC in the Positive Feedback room (441) and Multichannel DSD was being played in the Kimber room. The Kimber room was also demonstrating other gear so visitors to that room may or may not have heard the NADAC there.

"Sitting next to me was Merging Technologies’ Dominique Brulhart. We briefly chatted and as Dom got up to leave Philip put on a killer Led Zeppelin vinyl rip. Dom immediately sat back down, started tapping his foot, and enjoyed the sound every bit as much as I did. "

While you were next to Dominique, did you ask the question about Emotion? If there is a NDA, then we know where we are.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Did you ask the question about Emotion? If there is a NDA, then we know where we are.

Dominique Brulhart said at The Show Newport that Emotion will come bundled with the NADAC. So Emotion will be one playback option.

It also works with music player software that supports ASIO. In the Positive Feedback room, David Robinson was playing DSD music on the NADAC with JRiver Media Center, not Emotion.