IGNORED

Stunning Hi Res 2015 releases

What an expensive month. Must be close to $200 in downloads in the last four weeks.

Downloading now, one of my first DSD downloads. Pity my DAC doesn't play it natively, but then A+ does.

I have all of my Channel Classics album so far in 24/192, and they sound fantastic. So at least when I get a DSD DAC in the future I may as well have the native format.

Ted, is it normal that your DSF files come completely untagged?

Ted, is it normal that your DSF files come completely untagged?

Weird....All of the files I get from Native DSD are pretty much fully (or almost fully) tagged, including this new Mahler 9. Album art is also there (in the metadata). I always end up re-tagging them anyway, to fit my own tagging scheme.....

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

Weird....All of the files I get from Native DSD are pretty much fully (or almost fully) tagged, including this new Mahler 9. Album art is also there (in the metadata). I always end up re-tagging them anyway, to fit my own tagging scheme.....

I didn't mind to much either because retagging is required in any case. But these files I just downloaded didn't even show simple stuff e.g. the track number. Did I do anything wrong in the download process? Maybe Ted can help.

Already downloading…in 24/96 resolution. Gonna listen to it over this Sunday, since the weather is gloomy and raining is expected for the whole day.

BTW. Indeed, files are completely untagged even in PCM, flac version.

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

I didn't mind to much either because retagging is required in any case. But these files I just downloaded didn't even show simple stuff e.g. the track number. Did I do anything wrong in the download process? Maybe Ted can help.

They are fully tagged and include composer, conductor, genre, sub genre, etc (that's a major part of what I do for Native). Not sure what's going on with your download. What music player are you seeing these with?

Edit: Krzysztof, I have no part of the Channel site (flac, etc) so will pass on your issues to Floor. Weird though.

P.S. Sent her email. I may need to PM you with order number or have you send her your Channel order info.

Thanks! Yes, I use JRiver to automatically rename the actual filename to a rule that has tagging info (track#-Artist-Album); takes 5 seconds per album. When they were developing the site idea they used a firm that coded the uploading to Amazon using a folder hierarchy that does not allow the site to name the actual filenames the way I'd like to see them (cuz we are hampered by filename rules that were meant simply for a higher level bucket hierarchy), so I always rename them immediately. We hope to get that issue resolved cuz it's a PITA for us, too. But the tags are no issue, and music is great. :)

They are fully tagged and include composer, conductor, genre, sub genre, etc (that's a major part of what I do for Native). Not sure what's going on with your download. What music player are you seeing these with?

Edit: Krzysztof, I have no part of the Channel site (flac, etc) so will pass on your issues to Floor. Weird though.

P.S. Sent her email. I may need to PM you with order number or have you send her your Channel order info.

Audirvana plus 2.0. Weirdly enough, I just pulled one of the tracks into Metadatics, and indeed all the track info is there.

Maybe A+ related then. Have you ever tried with Audirvana?

I downloaded this a few minutes ago. All tags, cover art, etc seem fine. A+ is usually a very good player and finds all my tags. Weird.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18503[/ATTACH]

Audirvana plus 2.0. Weirdly enough, I just pulled one of the tracks into Metadatics, and indeed all the track info is there.

Yes, for PCM also latest A+. Almost no tagging.

--

Krzysztof Maj

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

See above. Just replied.

See above..just edited (before you replied). We are in a time warp. :)

A+ reads ID3V2 tags fine (normally). I don't have my Mac Mini in the system right now or would try.

See above..just edited (before you replied). We are in a time warp. :)

A+ reads ID3V2 tags fine (normally). I don't have my Mac Mini in the system right now or would try.

It is just tagging. Easy fixable in that case. Sound quality and music is just stunning.

--

Krzysztof Maj

I'm playing it with Audirvana right now - all tags (including cover art, etc.) were present at download and visible in the interface.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

I've been listening to this record throughout last Sunday and have to say it's indeed very, very good album. Sparkling moments captured with very detailed and vibrant sound. Ivan and BFO sounds superb. I am saying about 24/96 PCM. How Jared and all reached this would be nice to see with some video from the recording session though.

I wish Mahler had a chance to listen to its creation either in terms of interpretation or orchestra sound.

--

Krzysztof Maj

Channel Classics is a great label. Too often you have to chose between Audiophile and performance, but Channel with artists like Rachel Podger and Ivan Fischer can offer both. On Mahler 9, Abbado (either with the Lucerne Festival or with the Berliner) remain my favorite, but Fischer does a really good job.

Channel Classics is a great label. Too often you have to chose between Audiophile and performance, but Channel with artists like Rachel Podger and Ivan Fischer can offer both.

Indeed. This is the issue I am facing almost every time to get both in the same recording. Quite difficult, since there're lost of labels which produce stunning recordings, but they suffer either with repertoire/genres or musicians performance.

On Mahler 9, Abbado (either with the Lucerne Festival or with the Berliner) remain my favorite, but Fischer does a really good job.

Those, since I don't know them, the BFO is my reference now ;-)

--

Krzysztof Maj

Indeed. This is the issue I am facing almost every time to get both in the same recording. Quite difficult, since there're lost of labels which produce stunning recordings, but they suffer either with repertoire/genres or musicians performance.

Those, since I don't know them, the BFO is my reference now ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ALaAuK_FOo

and

Gustav Mahler : Symphony No.9 | Gustav Mahler par Claudio Abbado*– Télécharger et écouter l'album

Interesting. Like you I was disappointed by the first release of the Giovanni Guidi trio. I'll check it out.

Let me add another excellent album:

Johann Sebastian Bach | Johann Sebastian Bach par Claire-Marie Le Guay*– Télécharger et écouter l'album

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17906[/ATTACH]

If you like your Bach on a modern piano, played in a delicate, nearly singing style, on a well recorded 24/96 master, this is an album to check out.

Delightful performance. I find the midrange a bit "bloomy" on this recording: What is it about pianos that gives recording engineers fits? That said, her command of music and instrument makes up for it.

Channel Classics is a great label. Too often you have to chose between Audiophile and performance, but Channel with artists like Rachel Podger and Ivan Fischer can offer both. On Mahler 9, Abbado (either with the Lucerne Festival or with the Berliner) remain my favorite, but Fischer does a really good job.

+1 Ivan and the BFO are a very accomplished ensemble, both technically and musically. While Pentatone also has some heavy hitters in their roster, I find their sound rather hit or miss - it is often somewhat congested/grainy sounding compared to the normal Channel Classics fare IMHO.

The Marco Boni Serenade for Strings/Serenade de Florence is a good example. I fond the sound rather coarse in texture and the lower strings bit congested. In contrast, the Steinbacher Mozart violin concertos on the same label sound very nice. Both are native DSD recordings.

All of the Fischer/BFO stuff on CC sounds great.

Rig 1: CM9s2, CM8s2, CMC, VTF-15H, Emotiva XMC-1, XPA-5, Aries Deluxe via S/PDIF

Rig 2: Sennheiser HD650, Woo WA-2, PS Audio Power Plant Premier, Sony HAP-Z1ES

Good to know--thanks. Still hoping for a DSD version, though. Hopefully, Ted will respond to my question above.... ;-)

We got it (HMU807573) done and it's on its way. I hope to have it on the site this weekend. Thanks for the heads up.

It may be as late as next weekend...

Pleased to know it will be coming - for some reason I'm liking reed instruments lately.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.