IGNORED

Stunning Hi Res 2015 releases

I screwed up; the official release date is the 18th I think (edited above)...we have often put the downloads up early. I will ask and edit this post (or respond if edit time elapses).

I screwed up; the official release date is the 18th I think (edited above)...we have often put the downloads up early. I will ask and edit this post (or respond if edit time elapses).

20th of what? Btw, I thought also that it could be superb recording. Nice!

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

I saw on Gramophone that Ivan's Mahler 9th was reviewed already but it is accessible only for premium subscribers. Anyone who has such subscription will be so kind to share what was the reception and how it is with comparison to the reference recordings?

--

Krzysztof Maj

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

We are forbidden to announce what awards Mahler 9 may have received from publications like Gramophone before it's actual publish date. But they liked it a lot. :)

By the way, the downloads will be available later today on the site.

We are forbidden to announce what awards Mahler 9 may have received from publications like Gramophone before it's actual publish date. But they liked it a lot. :)

Oh man, I am ruined, another purchase this month. My wife gonna kill me ;-)

--

Krzysztof Maj

Oh man, I am ruined, another purchase this month. My wife gonna kill me ;-)

"But honey, we were just dancing to that great Keith Jarrett record!" ;)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

"But honey, we were just dancing to that great Keith Jarrett record!" ;)

Well, this my daughter could understand, but my wife is "little" bit different story [emoji1] She has full view to my bank account.

--

Krzysztof Maj

Fantastic news, Ted--thanks!!! Will download it first thing after I get back from work this evening.

BTW, are you at liberty to say whether the new Vaughan Williams & MacMillan Oboe Concertos album on Harmonia Mundi will be available on Native DSD? It's already out on several other sites, but in PCM only. Since it's a DSD recording, I've been waiting patiently for it to appear on Native DSD, but there's no sign of it so far.

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

Fantastic news, Ted--thanks!!! Will download it first thing after I get back from work this evening.

BTW, are you at liberty to say whether the new Vaughan Williams & MacMillan Oboe Concertos album on Harmonia Mundi will be available on Native DSD? It's already out on several other sites, but in PCM only. Since it's a DSD recording, I've been waiting patiently for it to appear on Native DSD, but there's no sign of it so far.

FWIW, the 96/24 download is very nice. The Britten Suite on English Folk Tunes is delightful, and the two McMillan pieces (which are new to me) are very interesting. Will get to the RVW later today.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

This is very nice, and beautifully recorded.

duets.jpg

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

His Mahler in general, especially 1&4, not the 9th obviously (no insider knowledge here).

No issues...I thought maybe you heard it at Axpona. Jared was playing his session files from it. We did that at the exaSound room and the Bricasti room, at least..maybe more...can't remember.

By the way, I just checked the May edition of Gramophone, and the Mahler doesn't feature there yet. I assume it will appear in the June issue in about 2 weeks.

And on another note: the David Fray Schubert I recommended above is Editor's choice in May, and the review really is extremely positive.

Ted: Can you post the link. I don't think the download is available yet. Thanks.

FWIW, the 96/24 download is very nice. The Britten Suite on English Folk Tunes is delightful, and the two McMillan pieces (which are new to me) are very interesting. Will get to the RVW later today.

Good to know--thanks. Still hoping for a DSD version, though. Hopefully, Ted will respond to my question above.... ;-)

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

Good to know--thanks. Still hoping for a DSD version, though. Hopefully, Ted will respond to my question above.... ;-)

It's not in our queue but asked about it. Waiting for answer. Hopefully it's not because of a PCM master or something. We only do native or analog-to-DSD. Stay tuned.

Here is Mahler 9:

https://channelclassics.nativedsd.com/albums/mahler-symphony-no-9-in-d-major

Fantastic news. Do you know when second gen PCM files will be up on CCS website as well?

Answer: They are already!!! Superb! I should check first.

--

Krzysztof Maj

Just finished listening to this and it is magnificent. Fischer, the BFO, and Channel have truly reached a new level of excellence with this release.

81hg7KMlybL._SL1500_.jpg

It's not in our queue but asked about it. Waiting for answer. Hopefully it's not because of a PCM master or something. We only do native or analog-to-DSD. Stay tuned.

Here is Mahler 9:

https://channelclassics.nativedsd.com/albums/mahler-symphony-no-9-in-d-major

Thanks again, Ted. I think you can tell from my post above that I liked it. ;-) As for the Vaughan Williams/MacMillan, it is supposed to be an original DSD recording (that's what's indicated in the booklet), so I really hope the DSF file will be made available at Native DSD. (I've passed up on other--and cheaper--opportunities to download the PCM version from other sites.)

Just finished listening to this and it is magnificent. Fischer, the BFO, and Channel have truly reached a new level of excellence with this release.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18495[/ATTACH]

What an expensive month. Must be close to $200 in downloads in the last four weeks.

Downloading now, one of my first DSD downloads. Pity my DAC doesn't play it natively, but then A+ does.

I have all of my Channel Classics album so far in 24/192, and they sound fantastic. So at least when I get a DSD DAC in the future I may as well have the native format.