IGNORED

A little cable humor anyone?

Oh that is too funny. Even got Mike Fremer comment on it.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Bravo!

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

I thought that was funny and I usually find the Hitler rants are boring, I was listening to Barbra Streisand just before I read this thread ....

Shoot the subjects lol.

Here's a question. Has anyone ever seen a Hitler impersonator who actually looked ANYTHING at all like him? Because I haven't. People seem to think that you can take anybody off the street, slap a Charlie Chaplin mustache on 'em, pull a comma or greasy black hair over their forehead and voila! you've got Hitler! It strains my willing suspension of disbelief mightily. OTOH, that bit IS funny.

George

Here's a question. Has anyone ever seen a Hitler impersonator who actually looked ANYTHING at all like him? Because I haven't. People seem to think that you can take anybody off the street, slap a Charlie Chaplin mustache on 'em, pull a comma or greasy black hair over their forehead and voila! you've got Hitler! It strains my willing suspension of disbelief mightily. OTOH, that bit IS funny.

Screen shot 2015-01-17 at 5.00.47 PM 17-03-32.png

Screen shot 2015-01-17 at 4.59.20 PM.png

I have been watching the US Public Broadcast System (PBS) series "Nazi Mega Weapons: Season 2" and this all seems reasonable.

About The Wolf's Lair

As European countries fall like dominoes to the German armies, Hitler becomes convinced of his own military genius. He plans to invade Russia and orders the construction of a huge command complex of bunkers named the Wolf’s Lair. But as he isolates himself in his concrete city, the war begins to slip from his grasp, and a conspiracy is hatched to make the secret base his tomb.

Nazi Mega Weapons | PBS

What movie is the original video from?

I have been watching the US Public Broadcast System (PBS) series "Nazi Mega Weapons: Season 2" and this all seems reasonable.

About The Wolf's Lair

As European countries fall like dominoes to the German armies, Hitler becomes convinced of his own military genius. He plans to invade Russia and orders the construction of a huge command complex of bunkers named the Wolf’s Lair. But as he isolates himself in his concrete city, the war begins to slip from his grasp, and a conspiracy is hatched to make the secret base his tomb.

Nazi Mega Weapons | PBS

What movie is the original video from?

Downfall from 2004.

Downfall (2004) - IMDb

Downfall (2004 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Finally watched it. Brilliant!

The only problem is that I'm now going to imagine Hitler foaming at the mouth when reading some of the posts in this forum.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

You mean that video wasn't an endorsement for Kimberly cables? :]

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

Oh that is too funny. Even got Mike Fremer comment on it.

Only to avoid confusion about what Michael Fremer believes, there is an interview with him at Mono & Stereo:

Mono and Stereo High-End Audio Magazine: Exclusive interview with Michael Fremer

A part of the interview:

M & S: Kindly list your reference audio system.

M.F.: I want to point out that I OWN my reference system. I don't have "long term loans" on the gear. I am still paying off some of it but it's mine. I have Wilson Alexandria XLF speakers, darTZeel NHB 458 monoblocks and darTZeel preamp. I have a Ypsilon VPS-100 phono preamp and step-up transformers. And of course the Continuum Caliburn turntable, Castellon stand and Cobra tonearm. I also have a Kuzma 4Point mounted on the Caliburn and I own a Graham Phantom II tonearm. *I use a Lyra Atlas, and Ortofon A90 and Anna cartridges and I love the Miyajima Labs ZERO mono cartridge. Also HRS (Harmonic Resolution Systems ) SXR Signature racks. I own a Meridian Music Server (formerly called Sooloos) and a less than stellar DAC but I'm not that concerned with digital playback. Right now I'm reviewing the DCS Vivaldi four box stack so I certainly know what good digital sounds like! As for cables, I like TARA Labs Zero interconnect and Omega Gold speaker cable as well as Wireworld's new Platinum 7. First great cable from Wireworld in a long time IMO. I'm also convinced that Shunyata Triton and Typhon are the most effective power conditioning and distribution system out there and I prefer their top end AC cables too. I've tried plenty. Anyone who doesn't think AC cables make a difference simply hasn't bothered listening.

(Bold is mine)

Cheers!

Roch

PS/ This Hitler & friends soapbox was widely (ad nauseam) used also in the last political campaign in my country. Then I'm sorry I can't laugh...!

Oh yes Michael Fremer is quite funny too!

It is sort of funny. I do think the Barbara Streisand/Yentl reference they threw in was quite clever, though.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16497[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16498[/ATTACH]

They look more like Hitler than many actors Who have played him! The worst is that short balding guy who's been playing Hitler on the PBS series about Nazi "Megaweapons" That is a real joke!

Thanks for posting those. I especially like the cat!

George

The amazing thing is that the cat actually looks like Hitler.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

The amazing thing is that the cat actually looks like Hitler.

That is because cats are evil and dogs are not.

Here's a question. Has anyone ever seen a Hitler impersonator who actually looked ANYTHING at all like him? Because I haven't. People seem to think that you can take anybody off the street, slap a Charlie Chaplin mustache on 'em, pull a comma or greasy black hair over their forehead and voila! you've got Hitler! It strains my willing suspension of disbelief mightily.

George, if this type of thing bothers you, you've got far too much time on your hands! :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron