IGNORED

new $79 Schiit "Fulla" USB dongle DAC

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Slow down on the Fulla purchase. Early production has an issue with the 48k oscillator.

Several folks at Changstar (including me) identified the problem starting yesterday and communicated with Jason. His crew figured it out quickly, and they will be replacing the bad units that got out there.

See pages 5 and 6 of the Fulla thread on Changstar.

Schiit Fulla

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

• 2 weeks later...

Got an email from Schiit yesterday, saying that my replacement unit will ship today.

Hopefully this means they have the production issue fully sorted.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

Have to say the Fulla volume output is way too powerful for IEMs.

tried it at RMAF and viewed reports in other threads, knob can barely go past 5-10% turning before volume just shreds IEMs to pieces.

wish they had dropped the gain on this product by about 50%.

Replacement Fulla arrived yesterday. Quick check revealed that it works at all four sample rates (44.1, 48, 88.2, 96). Taking it to the office today to try with both Noble PR and UERM (alas. my Aedles are out on loan).

Have to say that so far, in brief listening, I haven't experienced any noise-floor issues, and my experience with the volume control doesn't match Jexby's. Have you considered the possibility that they got that feedback from you and others at RMAF and tweaked the volume control before going into commercial production?

If they were creative, they would have called it the dongleberry.

[Rim-shot.]

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Have to say that so far, in brief listening, I haven't experienced any noise-floor issues, and my experience with the volume control doesn't match Jexby's. Have you considered the possibility that they got that feedback from you and others at RMAF and tweaked the volume control before going into commercial production?

Yes I've considered that, don't own a full production Fulla.

but on another audio board a few folks already mentioned needing "kung fu expertise" in fine adjusting the audio knob of Fulla when using IEMs.

• 1 month later...

I got my Schiit Fulla today. I'm using with my desktop iMac Core 2 Duo office computer (OSX 10.6.8) and Audirvana Plus 1.5.10. Automatic native sample rate switching up to 96kHz. Even with my modest Sennheiser's, this little thing sounds amazing. I've been listening to it for five hours straight, and can't get enough. Crystal clear, very detailed, and non-fatiguing. Best $88 I've spent on audio in a long time.

Build quality is fine, and the volume knob is not a problem, unless maybe you have Andre the Giant sausage fingers.

I haven't been on here a while but now I have a question on my recently purchased Fulla Schiit DAC/AMP.

This thing is so simple and HOW mine doesn't work is beyond me. I'm want to keep it, but I cannot find any tweaks or tricks to get it work on my desktop or laptop Macs. I paid for expedited shipping and that's a loss, and now they asked me to send back and they''ll send me new one--I'm over this Schiit-Y product for now.

Troubleshooting I've done:

1. Tried everything on Schiit's FAC page. Tried new USB chords. Even went so far as to try it on my wife IBM. No luck.

2. Maybe it's a dud? I hate sending crap back, because at that point I'm over it and want to move on. I guess I may have to send it back and wait for another one that I'd rather not have and thinking I should just go with the Geek thumb drive or Audioquest.

3. As always, lesson learned---You get what you pay for.

Does any have any advice? I'd like to keep the thing so as not to lose money on re-stocking and the overnight shipping I paid for--because no doubt they won't send a new one overnight. I'm more worried I'll get another dud.

No slam on Schiit. I've been a believer in al they do since they first released the BiFrost.

Sounds like it's just a dud. Schiit happens (sorry, couldn't resist).

Just send it back and get one that works.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I haven't been on here a while but now I have a question on my recently purchased Fulla Schiit DAC/AMP.

This thing is so simple and HOW mine doesn't work is beyond me. I'm want to keep it, but I cannot find any tweaks or tricks to get it work on my desktop or laptop Macs. I paid for expedited shipping and that's a loss, and now they asked me to send back and they''ll send me new one--I'm over this Schiit-Y product for now.

Troubleshooting I've done:

1. Tried everything on Schiit's FAC page. Tried new USB chords. Even went so far as to try it on my wife IBM. No luck.

2. Maybe it's a dud? I hate sending crap back, because at that point I'm over it and want to move on. I guess I may have to send it back and wait for another one that I'd rather not have and thinking I should just go with the Geek thumb drive or Audioquest.

3. As always, lesson learned---You get what you pay for.

Does any have any advice? I'd like to keep the thing so as not to lose money on re-stocking and the overnight shipping I paid for--because no doubt they won't send a new one overnight. I'm more worried I'll get another dud.

No slam on Schiit. I've been a believer in al they do since they first released the BiFrost.

Are you using Schiit with USB 3.0? It just won't work with most of USB 3.0 ports. You have to use USB 2.0 port.