IGNORED

Rocky Mountain Audio Fest

MarkS

Anyone going?

I am making the trip this year as I hear it is the best show in the country.

I see Chris is scheduled to speak. Looking forward to it.

- Mark

Synology DS916+ > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > Netgear switch > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > dCS Vivaldi Upsampler (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 Dual 110 Ohm AES/EBU > dCS Vivaldi DAC (David Elrod Statement Gold power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > Absolare Passion preamp (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > VTL MB-450 III (Shunyata King Cobra CX power cords) > Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker > Kaiser Kaewero Classic /JL Audio F110 (Wireworld Platinum power cord).

Power Conditioning: Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding (AC, preamp and dac) / Shunyata Hydra Triton + Typhoon (Shunyata Anaconda ZiTron umbilical/Shunyata King Cobra CX power cord) > Furutec GTX D-Rhodium AC outlet.

Anyone going?

I am making the trip this year as I hear it is the best show in the country.

I see Chris is scheduled to speak. Looking forward to it.

I will be attending again this year. Chris C. has been a regular seminar participant. What makes it a great show is that it is targeted toward consumers rather than industry types. Most exhibitors will play your music if you ask them to. And the seminars tend to be very informative.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

I am going on Friday afternoon (show start). RMAF is convenient for me given I in live in the Denver area.

Will try to catch Chris's presentation at 1:30 PM on Friday.

Chris' seminar, "The Future of HiFi", will be repeated on Saturday morning at 10:45 am.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

it is rather overwhelming.

+1, been several years and found it is best to have a game plan (e.g. who do you want to visit) in mind before arriving at RMAF.

I usually write down a list of rooms I want to visit and where the room is located because the elevator situation is usually a mess so you don't want go all the way to the lobby and realize that you really wanted to visit a particular room several floors up.

I'll be there as well (I missed last year).

I recommend that you make a plan for rooms you want to hear (as has been mentioned).

Then, sequence the rooms you want to hear from the top of the tower to the bottom, so you don't have to wait for the elevator.

Go to the top floor and then progress down using the stairs for level changes.

When you have hit all the "must see" rooms, then you can wander around more and see what strikes you.

I'll be hitting the CanJam a lot this year to put together a headphone kit for my office listening. That, thankfully, is all in one room on the main floor I believe.

---Michael

Server ---> Rpi ---> Audiophilleo2 ---> Metrum Octave ---> Audio Horizons Pre ---> Pass Labs XA30.5 ---> Sonus Faber Liuto Towers

Computer ---> Audio Hardware ---> Air ---> Ears ---> Brain

I recommend that you make a plan for rooms you want to hear (as has been mentioned).

Then, sequence the rooms you want to hear from the top of the tower to the bottom, so you don't have to wait for the elevator

+1

Also. look at the Seminar Schedule in advance to determine which ones, if any, you want to attend. Then you can better how to spend your time. It's less crowded on Sunday, so that's the best day to set up longer, personal auditions of equipment that you may be considering buying.

Close but no cigar - will be in New Mexico vacationing, and as the itinerary stands, we'd have to drive 10 or 12 hours to be able to make a couple of hours of the show. :(

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

+1 Will be attending for the 8th straight year as I live 5 minutes away from the venue. Look forward to the seminars, live music, and of course the showrooms. Sorry to see that there will be no representation for Aurender or Auralic Aries...so sad. But there are many great craft brew pubs in the area!

Alan B

• 2 weeks later...

Was a really interesting panel mainly around streaming as the future of high quality (redbook cd) music delivery. I for one will try it when available, which I understand might be next month. It may be that in the near future, I will only need to purchase hires material (at least until that streams too).

- Mark

Synology DS916+ > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > Netgear switch > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > dCS Vivaldi Upsampler (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 Dual 110 Ohm AES/EBU > dCS Vivaldi DAC (David Elrod Statement Gold power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > Absolare Passion preamp (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > VTL MB-450 III (Shunyata King Cobra CX power cords) > Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker > Kaiser Kaewero Classic /JL Audio F110 (Wireworld Platinum power cord).

Power Conditioning: Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding (AC, preamp and dac) / Shunyata Hydra Triton + Typhoon (Shunyata Anaconda ZiTron umbilical/Shunyata King Cobra CX power cord) > Furutec GTX D-Rhodium AC outlet.