IGNORED

EU Regulations

You are true heroes - like the German resistance during WW2.

WHAT ?

So Pete, tell us, what's there all to smoke in Copenhagen ? Is this about all those nicely coloured poppy fields ? or did you eat those all by now.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

WHAT ?

So Pete, tell us, what's there all to smoke in Copenhagen ? Is this about all those nicely coloured poppy fields ? or did you eat those all by now.

Breathe, just breathe . . . .

Germany had their own resistance movement - opposing the Nazies.

Just like France, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway and the other occupied countries.

The german resistance had it more difficult than any of the others.

Unfortunately all assassination attempts on Hiltler failed.

I was praising the heroic, difficult & bordering on futile attempt to turn society away from the dark side.

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

OK, too young to know, never too old to learn.

Apologies.

XXHighEnd (developer)

Anyway, are those poppy fields still there ? Some 40 years ago they were and in aftermath I never understood what they were doing there (with 1000s of them).

I didn't even know that all those colours existed. Never saw it anywhere either any more.

XXHighEnd (developer)

Breathe, just breathe . . . .

Just like France, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway and the other occupied countries.

The german resistance had it more difficult than any of the others.

Unfortunately all assassination attempts on Hiltler failed.

I was praising the heroic, difficult & bordering on futile attempt to turn society away from the dark side.

trouble is, even with the resistance the German Nazi occupation began in Denmark with Operation Weserübung on April 9, 1940, and lasted until German forces withdrew at the end of World War II following their surrender to the Allies on 5 May 1945. Remember whom fought to save your country from as you call it, the dark side.

The Truth Is Out There

. . Remember whom fought to save your country from as you call it, the dark side.

And we owe you thanks, but not the future of the entire planet.

Anakin Skywalker fought for the good side - but ended up as Darth Vader

Pete

The Americans are about to become energy independent from the Middle East; just FYI

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

And to bring the conversation back to audio... Bang and Olufsen built radios for the Danish resistance, leading to the burning of the B&O factory (if I remember correctly).

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Pete

The Americans are about to become energy independent from the Middle East; just FYI

Still dependent on Canada (28%); Mexico (10%); Venezuela (9%) and Russia (5%) though (admittedly 2012 figures ... EIA's Energy in Brief: How dependent are we on foreign oil? )

And it's not just about reliance on Middle East but a general reliance on oil... Usage of which (again government figures) is not projected to drop.

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

Pete

Saudi Arabia and Venezuela each controls approx. 25% of all known oil reserves.

United States has 2%.

Who do you think controls the world prices of oil?

. . . and you still import half your oil consumption:

EIA.png

But nice try ;-)

And to bring the conversation back to audio... Bang and Olufsen built radios for the Danish resistance, leading to the burning of the B&O factory (if I remember correctly).

Eloise

Yes.

Danish "saboteurs", with help from German occupying forces, blew up the B&O Struer factory in retaliation for the company's refusal to work with the Germans and their role in the Danish resistance.

Like many other factories in occupied countries.

Others were blown up by the resistance for letting them selves be bullied into producing to the Germans.

I bet DigiPete has never heard of "rolling coal"! He should Google it. I will pay for his heart attack medicine.

My electric bill is around $400 a month during the Summer*. I do not think my modest audio equipment adds much to that cost.

*the Summer lasts about 5 months in Tucson.

(It is 100F today, as it was yesterday........)

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

Actually I would change the title to "Stop whining you ignorant right wing British newspapers" :-)

Eloise

but they are all trying to make the fastest buck and the Government won't lay down simple

decency rules like them paying £50000 for a sensational story. What can anyone expect.

I have just read articles in the top newspapers which are devoid of any serious research or truth.

fmak

My electric bill is around $400 a month during the Summer*. I do not think my modest audio equipment adds much to that cost.

Its amazing how people in central Africa cope.

If you can't stand the heat ... get out of the state!

(And yes I'm being flippant!)

Eloise

---

Depends on how much heat your modest audio equipment produces. ;)

XXHighEnd (developer)

I bet DigiPete has never heard of "rolling coal"! He should Google it. I will pay for his heart attack medicine.

*the Summer lasts about 5 months in Tucson.

(It is 100F today, as it was yesterday........)

Well I live at the beach on the east coast, and we set the air on 77 degrees, it's been high 90's and my bill is happy for the last two months around $175 dollars. Nothing like good construction to be energy efficient. Summer or lets say the heat and humidity goes from April till Late September early October.

The Truth Is Out There