IGNORED

HQ Player

Hello,

My performer tag is srewed up in HQPlayer can’t find a way to select all my library albums in yates or jriver to edit them to no field or at least same as artist, any help?

now if i click arrow to bill evans for exemple all sacd folder are untouched but all the rest is now in another arrow name bizarrely.

can’t put a picture right now...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

1 hour ago, wolft said:

Hello, this is the answer getting the upgrade coupon for HQplayer 4.0: 

std::exception

Is this ok?

No, something has went wrong, please send me email if you encounter problems with the coupon code form.

When successful, the printout is like "Coupon code: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

2 hours ago, jimdukey said:

Uh Oh, I don't have my License Key for 3.5, for 4.0 upgrade.

Is it the Fingerprint?

No, not the fingerprint, the license key file.

If you cannot find it elsewhere, the file is called desktop3-key.xml and on Windows it is located in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\HQPlayer" folder, on macOS and Linux it is in "~/.hqplayer" folder.

2 hours ago, tboooe said:

I see there is now a 4.0 version.  I am of course going to upgrade but I have a question about one of the new features:

"Support for separate filter selection for 1x source rates and higher rates"

Does this mean that we can now have separate filters for DSD vs PCM source material assuming we are outputting PCM?

Has anyone else upgraded? Any issues?

Yes and no. If you play out to PCM, DSD goes under "Nx" rate filter category, since the PCM conversion rate is 176.4k (DSD64) or higher. So essentially you have separate filters for RedBook+48k content and everything else.

1 minute ago, jimdukey said:

Sorry, I don't know where that Folder is.

I have the HQ Icons in  Applications,

they just Open the program.

Sorry, I don't know much about Computers...

I'm on Mac.

On Mac, from Finder menu "Go" select "Go to Folder..." and copy-paste there "~/.hqplayer" and you'll get there...

Jussi,  I just purchased 4.0.  with the discount.  Where is the link to download 4.) as I do not see on Signalyst?  Thanks.

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

jimdukey... look at your share it email from your original purchase info

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

sorry... 

Jussi, 

Will you please elaborate  on the improvements of the 4.0 version. And price for the upgrade.

I have currently 2 licenças. One desktop for Mac and one embedded for Linux (ST i5). Tks

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

4 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Downloaded 4.0 for trial before go with upgrade. As per now I can not just drag and drop files or folders with music files into main window as with 3.x Did I miss something? Mac OS. Thank you.

It should work the same as before, for the main application. Maybe I have missed some pattern on Mac on my testing or something, I'll look into it if I can reproduce the problem. I've tried to test a lot, but when lot of people start using the new version, probably number of bugs I've missed are uncovered.

It doesn't work for the remote control client (HQPlayer Client), because at the moment it cannot stream from a remote location (maybe later).

26 minutes ago, soares said:

Will you please elaborate  on the improvements of the 4.0 version. And price for the upgrade.

I have currently 2 licenças. One desktop for Mac and one embedded for Linux (ST i5). Tks

Main new features are listed on the announcement. It aligns some of the functionality/settings of Embedded and Desktop. Now all three products are again aligned, Desktop, Embedded and Pro. All are in 4.x series.

Upgrade is Desktop -> Desktop, Embedded is a separate thing that will keep going as it has been on it's own track. You can find relevant pricing info from the web shop (with/without the coupon code).

6 minutes ago, Miska said:

It should work the same as before, for the main application. Maybe I have missed some pattern on Mac on my testing or something, I'll look into it if I can reproduce the problem. I've tried to test a lot, but when lot of people start using the new version, probably number of bugs I've missed are uncovered.

It doesn't work for the remote control client (HQPlayer Client), because at the moment it cannot stream from a remote location (maybe later).

I tried also to add music with library, doesn't work this way as well.

46 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

OK, I found the Folder, but there's nothing "in" it.

I clicked on everyone, all empty.

HQ Folder.png

There it is, you just upload that file to the web form. By default you cannot "view" it. For making it easier for the upload, you can copy it to your desktop for example.

5 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

I tried also to add music with library, doesn't work this way as well.

Is your DAC configuration OK in Preferences?

You don't get anything visible on the Library dialog or? To see the library contents you need to use one of the clients, either the HQPlayer 4 Client supplied in the same package or for example using HQPDcontrol Android app, or one of the others. The main application/server doesn't have any library browsing functionality anymore, it has been all dedicated to remote control clients. You can only manage the library from main application (scan/edit), but for using it you need to use one of the control clients.

What is left in the main application is:

1. Selecting a folder from the "Source URI" using browse button on entering URI.
  2. Selecting input device from the Source URI drop-list (hit enter after selecting one)
  3. Drag-and-drop from other application
  4. Remote control

1 minute ago, Miska said:

Is your DAC configuration OK in Preferences?

You don't get anything visible on the Library dialog or? To see the library contents you need to use one of the clients, either the HQPlayer 4 Client supplied in the same package or for example using HQPDcontrol Android app, or one of the others. The main application/server doesn't have any library browsing functionality anymore, it has been all dedicated to remote control clients. You can only manage the library from main application (scan/edit), but for using it you need to use one of the control clients.

Ok, I do not use library anyway, just tried to add files alternatively, after drag and drop failed...) Yes, DAC selected in Preferences.

57 minutes ago, freesteve said:

Jussi,  I just purchased 4.0.  with the discount.  Where is the link to download 4.) as I do not see on Signalyst?  Thanks.

It's the same place as before:

https://www.signalyst.com/consumer.html

If it doesn't show download-buttons for 4.x versions, please hit reload-button on the browser. Sometimes browser is caching it. (maybe I should add meta tag to disallow caching?)

12 minutes ago, Miska said:

Main new features are listed on the announcement. It aligns some of the functionality/settings of Embedded and Desktop. Now all three products are again aligned, Desktop, Embedded and Pro. All are in 4.x series.

Upgrade is Desktop -> Desktop, Embedded is a separate thing that will keep going as it has been on it's own track. You can find relevant pricing info from the web shop (with/without the coupon code).

Where can I find the upgrade coupon code?