IGNORED

HQ Player

Nevermind lmitche, I'm returning it. Just going to build one. Thanks for all the help. And now back to HQP ;)

So, Chris (forehaven) was able to build my setup (I7 6700k, etc) and got it working. I teamviewer'd in tonight to finalize. HQPlayer does DSD512 flawlessly when using the Windows iFi ASIO driver and any old mobo USB output. However, when we try and use native (or DoP) with the microRendu as NAA we are back to the issue from before...that is, hiccups from DSD128 and higher (for DSD) and hiccups for DSD256 and higher for redbook. IOW, much less bandwidth/performance when going through the microRendu. I doubt it is the device; I am tending to blame the network (fiber and FMC, did the Albrecht troubleshooting that fixed my fiber setup). Next step is to run copper to the uRendu, bypassing the fiber/fmc setup, but Chris needs some cabling first.

Anyway....Chris is very much enjoying DSD512 via direct connection from Win 10 beast, so at least he has some listening to do. :)

Closed-form filter cannot automatically follow 44.1 e 48 kHz sample rate families. It has to be switched appropriately.

When you play a 192 kHz file, please be sure that your output setting is not on Auto but on 192.

Thanks but I did not understand what you mean by 192 instead of auto. Are you talking about the sample rate ?

On the main window, the 3rd column is shown as auto and I can't select anything other than auto from the drop down.

Thanks but I did not understand what you mean by 192 instead of auto. Are you talking about the sample rate ?

On the main window, the 3rd column is shown as auto and I can't select anything other than auto from the drop down.

Yes, I am talking about the sample rate.

In the 3rd column drop down list you will be able to select something other than Auto once you have an album in the playlist window.

If you can't, your driver does not allow it.

Yes, I am talking about the sample rate.

In the 3rd column drop down list you will be able to select something other than Auto once you have an album in the playlist window.

If you can't, your driver does not allow it.

Ok, but I can’t set anything other than auto. Its playing through Roon to the microRendu NAA.

Honestly, I can't figure out why can't HQP make an intelligent choice of not touching a 192Khz file when the sample rate selected is 192000 in the setting panel.

Ok, but I can’t set anything other than auto. Its playing through Roon to the microRendu NAA.

Honestly, I can't figure out why can't HQP make an intelligent choice of not touching a 192Khz file when the sample rate selected is 192000 in the setting panel.

I just tried to playback a 192 kHz file. It seems that there is an odd behavior with closed-form filter. It is only possible to select (3rd column) an upsampling rate - higher than native. That is I can select (in my system) 384 kHz, but Auto does NOT work, instead it should be able to output at 192 kHz - same rate as native. Unless it is by design and Miska can explain it.

I hope Miska is reading us.

There is no problem with other filters, even with poly-sync-ext which should have a behavior similar to closed-form.

I just tried to playback a 192 kHz file. It seems that there is an odd behavior with closed-form filter. It is only possible to select (3rd column) an upsampling rate - higher than native. That is I can select (in my system) 384 kHz, but Auto does NOT work, instead it should be able to output at 192 kHz - same rate as native. Unless it is by design and Miska can explain it.

I just tested it and in my system, this doesn't work either. Even if you select 384, I can't select anything other than auto.

I hope Miska is reading us.

I had sent a mail to [email protected] this afternoon but yet to receive any reply.

There is no problem with other filters, even with poly-sync-ext which should have a behavior similar to closed-form.

Yes, I tested most of the poly-sync variant and they seem to work fine.

My simple question is - when I am up-sampling and irrespective of what filters I select, HQP need NOT mangle with the file if the max sampling rate and the file's sampling rate are the same. I am not sure what it does with the poly-sync filters or if it manipulates the original file or not but at least it surely is trying to do something with the close-form (and the reason why its unable to play).

I just tested it and in my system, this doesn't work either. Even if you select 384, I can't select anything other than auto.

In my case with closed-form I am given the option to upsample a 192 file to 384.

Strange that you don't, once a file is in the playlist.

I had sent a mail to [email protected] this afternoon but yet to receive any reply.

It's Sunday in Finland too ;)

Yes, I tested most of the poly-sync variant and they seem to work fine.

My simple question is - when I am up-sampling and irrespective of what filters I select, HQP need NOT mangle with the file if the max sampling rate and the file's sampling rate are the same. ...

This is a different question - it is a feature you would like to see implemented.

If you do not wish to upsample, you choose NONE as filter.

It's Sunday in Finland too ;)

I saw him replying to other questions in this thread on Sunday and thought I would get an answer too. But I guess I was mistaken.

This is a different question - it is a feature you would like to see implemented.

If you do not wish to upsample, you choose NONE as filter.

Yes, its a different question but that's not what I meant. I would still like to see HQP upsample when the file sample rate is lower than the max sample rate. It probably doesn't make sense to upsample anything to a rate which is same as the original file's sampling rate. Maybe I am missing something here ?

My simple question is - when I am up-sampling and irrespective of what filters I select, HQP need NOT mangle with the file if the max sampling rate and the file's sampling rate are the same. I am not sure what it does with the poly-sync filters or if it manipulates the original file or not but at least it surely is trying to do something with the close-form (and the reason why its unable to play).

Some filters can do 1:1 rate conversion, while others cannot. Theoretically closed-form should also do 1:1 fine so I could change the constraints, but there may be some detail I don't remember right now. poly-sinc can do 1:1 conversion, so you get the apodizing function even within the same rate.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Thx Miska. It was IPv6 which was disabled on my Win10 system that was preventing communication.

Sorry Miska, but the change in settings of network adapter should be done only on pc server and/or in naa?

I ask you that because I have a dual PC system where the two computers are connected directly with optical fiber cable and TPLINK adapters.

On PC server, where I have a second ethernet card just for music, and on the micro-PC that acts as NAA (fanless Gygabyte 2807 with WS2012R2 and Audiophile Optimizer) I have modified the properties in IPV4 Protocol, setting a static IP address and a different subnet mask (following the advice of Audiophile Optimizer manual: see pages 18 and 25 v. 1.40), so the trasmission of HQP it is isolated from Internet and from main home network.

To be more clear: on pc server, the general ethernet card has IP 192.168.1.1, the second ethernet card dedicated to HQP has 192.168.2.1, and on naa the only one card has 192.168.2.2.

I use HQPLAYER in NAA mode (with MUSO) and rarely JPLAY.

In this scenario, what kind of changes (in IPV6 protocol) should I do to use v. 3.4 of NAA (and in the next future, v. 3.14 stable of HQP)?

Thanks

- Pc Server: Win 10 Pro 64bit with two NICs (one dedicated to JPLAY/HQPlayer) with Fidelizer Pro/Process Lasso

- NAA Pc: Gygabyte 2807 - Windows Server 2016 Virtual Core Mode with AO v. 2.20b6 and Process Lasso

- Wireworld Starlight usb 3.0 (from NAA) + iGalvanic 3.0 + Furutech GT2 USB cable + iFi iUsb Micro 3.0 + Oyaide Continental 5S Silver (to DAC) 

- dac T+A DAC 8 DSD  - preamplifier Audio Research LS22r - amplifier Mark Levinson 27.5 - loudspeakers Dynaudio Confidence C1

- Interconnets: Kimber Kable Select - Loudspeaker Cables: Kimber Kable 8TC

- Headphones: Focal Utopia   - Headphone Amplifier: Bryston BHA-1

pocarrie, I was just thinking about trying the NAA configuration you described below in order to isolate the NAA from my network. This was what I did when I had a 2 pc set up using Jplay. So it seems you are saying the same settings will work for HQP and NAA? Or do I also have to enable ipv6 on both NAA and server running HQP?

Sorry Miska, but the change in settings of network adapter should be done only on pc server and/or in naa?

I ask you that because I have a dual PC system where the two computers are connected directly with optical fiber cable and TPLINK adapters.

On PC server, where I have a second ethernet card just for music, and on the micro-PC that acts as NAA (fanless Gygabyte 2807 with WS2012R2 and Audiophile Optimizer) I have modified the properties in IPV4 Protocol, setting a static IP address and a different subnet mask (following the advice of Audiophile Optimizer manual: see pages 18 and 25 v. 1.40), so the trasmission of HQP it is isolated from Internet and from main home network.

To be more clear: on pc server, the general ethernet card has IP 192.168.1.1, the second ethernet card dedicated to HQP has 192.168.2.1, and on naa the only one card has 192.168.2.2.

I use HQPLAYER in NAA mode (with MUSO) and rarely JPLAY.

In this scenario, what kind of changes (in IPV6 protocol) should I do to use v. 3.4 of NAA (and in the next future, v. 3.14 stable of HQP)?

Thanks

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

pocarrie, I was just thinking about trying the NAA configuration you described below in order to isolate the NAA from my network. This was what I did when I had a 2 pc set up using Jplay. So it seems you are saying the same settings will work for HQP and NAA? Or do I also have to enable ipv6 on both NAA and server running HQP?

Actually, with the versions of software that I use (HQP v. 3.13.3 and NAD v. 3.3.0) the same settings work perfectly with HQP/NAA too.

About your second question, see the answer above... :-)

- Pc Server: Win 10 Pro 64bit with two NICs (one dedicated to JPLAY/HQPlayer) with Fidelizer Pro/Process Lasso

- NAA Pc: Gygabyte 2807 - Windows Server 2016 Virtual Core Mode with AO v. 2.20b6 and Process Lasso

- Wireworld Starlight usb 3.0 (from NAA) + iGalvanic 3.0 + Furutech GT2 USB cable + iFi iUsb Micro 3.0 + Oyaide Continental 5S Silver (to DAC) 

- dac T+A DAC 8 DSD  - preamplifier Audio Research LS22r - amplifier Mark Levinson 27.5 - loudspeakers Dynaudio Confidence C1

Actually, with the versions of software that I use (HQP v. 3.13.3 and NAD v. 3.3.0) the same settings work perfectly with HQP/NAA too.

About your second question, see the answer above... :-)

Sorry, I meant 3.2.0 and not 3.3.0, of course... :-)

I am testing the trial version... Few questions:

Is the - 3db attenuation suggested also for resampling to PCM highest frequencies (i read that it's suggested for DSD resampling)

I'm using the last cubox image (3.4) for the NAA but for my digital interface Melodious MX-U8 (XMOS-U8) there is no support for native DSD (only dop). Is there any patch or package to install? If I use Debian stretch will be the same?

My dac is doing an high "pop" noise anytime I switch from pcm playback to DSD. On daphile when I was trying DSD dop I had no "pop" if I put the song in pause or at the end of the song (if no more songs in the playlist). The "pop" is happening in HQPlayer (windows + cubox naa) everytime I put the song in pause or on last song of the playlist. This was not happening in single pc usage (windows). Is it related to the cubox image or it's a normal behavior of the NAA system? Any way to fix it? Basically it's switching back to PCM (i see it from the digital interface led)...

Thanks

Is the - 3db attenuation suggested also for resampling to PCM highest frequencies (i read that it's suggested for DSD resampling)

Yes, for both...

I'm using the last cubox image (3.4) for the NAA but for my digital interface Melodious MX-U8 (XMOS-U8) there is no support for native DSD (only dop). Is there any patch or package to install? If I use Debian stretch will be the same?

It is not supported yet, someone needs to supply the needed extra information first to add it to the Linux kernel driver and test the support before it could be included.

The "pop" is happening in HQPlayer (windows + cubox naa) everytime I put the song in pause or on last song of the playlist. This was not happening in single pc usage (windows). Is it related to the cubox image or it's a normal behavior of the NAA system? Any way to fix it? Basically it's switching back to PCM (i see it from the digital interface led)...

That pop happens if DAC doesn't properly mute the output over the PCM/DSD transition. There shouldn't be any behavior between NAA and local playback, if both use DoP. If instead you are using native DSD with ASIO driver on Windows it is different thing... In that case adding native support for Linux too would make it behave the same as on Windows.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Thanks a lot Miska. I'll buy the license soon because I like the results of PCM resampling more than Daphile in bitperfect.

Then I will play with DSD once there will be native support for Linux, if it will ever happen.

For a Sabre Ess9018 (Audio-gd nfb 7), under PCM filters would you suggest poly-sync-mp or poly-sync-mp-short? I listen mainly Rock and electronic modern...

Metadata Issue

I have a new album download from ProStudioMasters, Quicksilver Messenger Service - Happy Trails, that doesn't display info correctly in HQP. It just shows the filepath in the Song column. (using drag and drop) It displays correctly in other players. Checked also with PerfectTunes (dbPoweramp associated program) and it all checks out. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks!

Miska, Would it be possible to add a Settings option to play "silence" when starting playback and between rate changes? Settable time would be a bonus! Many DACs are reported with popping and mine actually doesn't unmute quickly enough, cutting off part of the first note on many downloads. Thanks for considering it. Jay

Hello Miska

I am using a trial version of HQ player Version 3.13 with Raspberry pi as NAA

Starting 2 weeks of the trial everything went smoothly and the NAA was detected by Hqplayer as soon as networkaudiod was activated by SSHH on raspberry pi and then work seamlessly till the whole music session lasted. I use a dedicated network between PC & NAA

Then suddenly the NAA started acting up and it would not get recognized. Get recognized for few minutes and then vanish. All this time the network naming menu detects the IP address of the raspberry pi

Then at times it would start playing music but as soon as playlist ended, again it would not detect the NAA

I even changed my router to confirm if there is any issues with it, but things were same with the other router as well

Then just to test I installed HQplayer on work PC and connected NAA with that. With the HQplayer again on work pc everytime NAA was detected flawlessly by HQplayer without any hiccups

I have not uninstalled anything or installed any new software or modified my OS settings in any way after installing HQplayer in my music PC. So cannot understand this issue of NAA not getting detected intermediately

NAA is a must for me as my music pc is situated in other room

OS I use is Windows 7 Home edition 64 bit

I want to make sure I find a solution for this issue before I end up buying the software which sound wise is working brilliantly for me

Regards