IGNORED

HQ Player

3 hours ago, LoryWiv said:

Hi @Miska, thanks for 5.41. I am excited and intrigued by the e-core offload option but when I set it as such I see no difference in P-core vs. E-core utilization in HW Monitor. Can you say a few more words about that setting and when it is expected to be impactful? Thanks!

What kind of settings do you have? For example with default settings it should be visible there.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1 hour ago, MikePid said:

Am I the only that hasn't noticed before that there is Signalyst HQPlayer 5 client for iPad?  No version number or release date.  I'm surprised the App Store was ok with that.  No reviews yet (except the one I just posted now) 🙂

I posted on Facebook about it. It is OK for local library, and for second control instance, but not for streaming service, because iOS suspends the application when screenlock comes on.

21 minutes ago, copy_of_a said:

could you provide a link? Seems I can't find it ...

If you search for "hqplayer" you should be able to find it.

https://apps.apple.com/app/signalyst-hqplayer-5-client/id6476695457

2 hours ago, Schafheide said:

I have just installed HQPlayer Desktop 5.4.1 on my Mac Mini M2 Pro.  Client does not show the E-core option.  Is it not available for macOS ?

Yeah, Apple doesn't allow such things. So only Linux and Windows, unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, camott said:

Not iPhone compatible … but apparently works on Apple Vision Pro :|

HQPlayer Client is iPad only. iPhone would need a complete UI redesign since the current one doesn't fit on such small screens.

So current tablet size options are iPad and for example Intel based Microsoft Surface. Or whatever else Intel/AMD based running regular Windows 11.

For streaming services like Qobuz, the Microsoft Surface is better option (doesn't suspend the application immediately when the screen lock comes on).

25 minutes ago, Miska said:

What kind of settings do you have? For example with default settings it should be visible there.

It is visible and I can select it, just not impacting resource allocation % between P-cores versus E-cores even when selected. U can f/u w/screenshots when I am home from work. Thx!

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

4 hours ago, copy_of_a said:

Since HQPDcontrol was updated just a few days ago only now I used the new feature of changing filters and modulators "on the fly" during playback. What a killer feature to directly compare settings. Incredible! Awesome!

Many thanks @Miska 👌

I'm using HQP OS 5.4.0 and I haven't figured out how to change filters & modulators "on the fly". 

Using the main page of the web interface, my changes are ignored during playback and changing settings on the configuration page causes playback to stop. In other words, what I'm experiencing is the same behavior that has always existed.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

4 minutes ago, k6davis said:

I'm using HQP OS 5.4.0 and I haven't figured out how to change filters & modulators "on the fly". 

Using the main page of the web interface, my changes are ignored during playback and changing settings on the configuration page causes playback to stop. In other words, what I'm experiencing is the same behavior that has always existed.

HQPlayer Client allows that. And I've heard also HQPDcontrol.

13 hours ago, Miska said:

If you want automatic rate switching, the input from AIO must be through ASIO. Also remember to slave the AIO's clock to the correct source.

With "audio:default/0/2", yes...

Thanks. On my setup, what is the correct source for the AIO clock. Is it the clock for the dac? Is the clock for the AIO 10Mz?

My dac has asio driver. Any easy way to get around both source and output are ASIO. 

On 1/20/2024 at 2:30 PM, blackhawk579 said:

Hi there, I am dipping my toes into HQPlayer.  I just downloaded the trial version, I have the first few songs being played via HQ on windows on Notebook PC,  controled via Roon (Roon Core/Server is on my synology NAS) to Holo Red -> Serene KTE -> May KTE in NOS.   I'm exploring if I like HQplayer and would consider getting high powered dedicated PC to run both HQPlayer/Roon Server as I run convolution with some minor parametric EQ tweaks (which are tasking my NAS Roon Server but not gapping out yet).    

A couple questions: 

-Has anyone been successful upsampling to 1.53 via Holo Red? Appears to stop at 768K....

-I will go back into this very large thread, but any guidance to some good standard settings/filters I should try,  that would give me a good expereince/test drive.   Currently I am upsampling PCM to 768K (via settings below).

-Any other guidance / suggestions for a newbie like me is appreciated.  i want to give this a good go if it can up the audio expereince another level (which I heard it can!)   

-BTW, i am locking my voume at -2.0 db and controling volume via Serene, i assume this is best pracitce for thos who dont; want digital volume?   

Thanks any/all in advance!   

image.png.334aea0e89b8e301135020fa89b69db1.png

image.png.158397a0dabaf85c6b2333a894b8d0f4.png

Did you buy your Red from Kitsune? Their web site says the Red is limited to PCM 768 and DSD 512 until a firmware update comes out . . . 

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > sennheiser hd600

I really hope someone can help.

Since I upgraded to HQP 5.4 (and even 5.4.1), every time I play Qobuz on Client, Desktop crashed  (no issue if play from my library).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled few times, but does not help.

I did a clean install for my Mac Studio with only HQP 5.4.1 installed, it still crashed.

I tried to log out Qobuz account and log in back, and a window pop up showing “there is no application set to open the URL hqplayer://qobuz? code_authorisation=ASxrz5T9” message.

I used another Intel Mac, installed HQP 5.4.1. and same thing happened .

But there is no issue for 5.3.2

Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 4.30.49 pm.png

B&W 800 Diamond D2, Goldmund Eidos Reference CD, Goldmund Telos 600, Goldmund Mimesis 32, Cello Audio Palette MIV.[br]MacBook Pro, LIO, Mytek 192, HD800, Luxman SQ-38U, Luxman MQ-88u

3 minutes ago, mitch751 said:

I really hope someone can help.

Since I upgraded to HQP 5.4 (and even 5.4.1), every time I play Qobuz on Client, Desktop crashed  (no issue if play from my library).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled few times, but does not help.

I did a clean install for my Mac Studio with only HQP 5.4.1 installed, it still crashed.

I tried to log out Qobuz account and log in back, and a window pop up showing “there is no application set to open the URL hqplayer://qobuz? code_authorisation=ASxrz5T9” message.

I used another Intel Mac, installed HQP 5.4.1. and same thing happened .

But there is no issue for 5.3.2

Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 4.30.49 pm.png

@Miska I also noticed the same issue with the rpi os desktop version of client. That after typing in the log in and password for qobuz, it stays at that Qobuz screen, click “back” and it has an error message about not authorize to open the link…

1 minute ago, dericchan1 said:

@Miska I also noticed the same issue with the rpi os desktop version of client. That after typing in the log in and password for qobuz, it stays at that Qobuz screen, click “back” and it has an error message about not authorize to open the link…

Strange .. it does not happen to 5.3.2 .. just 5.4 and 5.4.1

B&W 800 Diamond D2, Goldmund Eidos Reference CD, Goldmund Telos 600, Goldmund Mimesis 32, Cello Audio Palette MIV.[br]MacBook Pro, LIO, Mytek 192, HD800, Luxman SQ-38U, Luxman MQ-88u

On 1/24/2024 at 9:55 PM, bogi said:

with some specific concerts of not an astonishing sound quality (like for example Celebration day DVD of Led Zeppelin) I found that combination of EC7-light (512+fs) with sinc-Mx is retrieving more from the recording than any other combination. But the downside is more than 6 seconds delay of audio against video with sinc-Mx at DSD256.

I found a difference in sound between 5.3.2 and 5.4.x versions, which I can easily distinguish with the above example. More air and presence with 5.3.2. I will probably stick with 5.3.2 for now.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
2 hours ago, jcn3 said:

Did you buy your Red from Kitsune? Their web site says the Red is limited to PCM 768 and DSD 512 until a firmware update comes out . . . 

Hillo.

This is old verbiage. Many have been using beyond this via usb since shortly after release.

Headgear: Audeze LCD-5 w/Accurate Sound Convolution Filter, Norne Drausk v2 Lite/Silver Gladiator Cable and interconnects

Source: Intel 14900K/3090, HQ Player DSD1024 separated from Puritan 156, Audioquest Carbon USB, Holo Audio Red, Holo Audio May KTE

Amp: Holo Audio Bliss KTE

Sold: Drop HD 6XX, Hypex NC400 Dual Monoblocks, Schiit Freya S, Gustard R26, Audeze LCD-i4, Ferrum Oor/Hypsos, DCA Expanse, Gustard U18, B&O Beoplay EX, Gustard X26 Pro, Headamp GS-X Mini, ifi Pro iCan Signature, Fiio M15, Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies (3rd gen.)

7 hours ago, Miska said:

I posted on Facebook about it. It is OK for local library, and for second control instance, but not for streaming service, because iOS suspends the application when screenlock comes on.

Well, it didn’t find my SonicTransporter. I suppose it’s not meant to ?

9 hours ago, Fredc said:

Thanks. On my setup, what is the correct source for the AIO clock. Is it the clock for the dac? Is the clock for the AIO 10Mz?

If you use for example S/PDIF input, then set clock source to S/PDIF.

9 hours ago, Fredc said:

My dac has asio driver. Any easy way to get around both source and output are ASIO. 

You can run networkaudiod with ASIO backend on the same machine.

6 hours ago, dericchan1 said:

Looks like I broke it when I did iOS support. I have fixed it now for next release...

16 hours ago, copy_of_a said:

Since HQPDcontrol was updated just a few days ago only now I used the new feature of changing filters and modulators "on the fly" during playback. What a killer feature to directly compare settings. Incredible! Awesome!

Many thanks @Miska 👌

Holy smoke, I thought changing on the fly only worked on HQP Client itself, just downloaded HQPDcontrol v4 on iPhone, it even works through Roon, although modulator/filter switch only shows up on HQP Desktop but not on Roon itself, no big deal though... truly amazing feature for filter rolling

Just test on 5.4.1 with E-core allocation set to "filter" on Intel 12900K, since E-Core IPC is much worse, offloading filter on these weak cores cause huge stuttering for AMSDM7EC 512+fs/DSD1024/sinc-MGa. Just keep leaving them to 8 P-Cores on Intel, maybe it works better on Mac? Default & DSP Pool makes no difference for me as I don't use convolution.

21 minutes ago, jerrytsao said:

Just test on 5.4.1 with E-core allocation set to "filter" on Intel 12900K, since E-Core IPC is much worse, offloading filter on these weak cores cause huge stuttering for AMSDM7EC 512+fs/DSD1024/sinc-MGa. Just keep leaving them to 8 P-Cores on Intel, maybe it works better on Mac? Default & DSP Pool makes no difference for me as I don't use convolution.

Setting it to "pool" also affects those settings, also without convolution. Running poly-sinc-gauss-long to DSD512 works fine on E-cores on my i9-13900T, with about 10% load on each of the 16 E-cores. Should also keep the power consumption lower that way.