IGNORED

Audirvana 1.5.12

Musicophile

Given that 1.5.11 survived for less than 12 hours, here we go for a new thread, focusing on probably the last (?) release prior to the eagerly awaited 1.6 (with library management), due according to the developer in early 2014.

Please also keep the "Audirvana wish list" thread alive, so Damien gets input on where to go next.

Given that 1.5.11 survived for less than 12 hours, here we go for a new thread, focusing on probably the last (?) release prior to the eagerly awaited 1.6 (with library management), due according to the developer in early 2014.

Please also keep the "Audirvana wish list" thread alive, so Damien gets input on where to go next.

What has been changed from v1.5.10?

Found the changes for 1.5.11:

• Airplay Devices selection in preferences (Audio System page)
  • Bug fixes:
    • Fix for Retina Display issues for volume control knob and scrolling track title
    • Fix issue incorrectly reading multichannel track of SACD ISOs with Mytek DAC
    • Fix polarity inversion not propagated in case of proxy files
    • Fix slipping volume control in iTunes integrated mode, with dithered volume control

Problem with A+ 1.5.12.

When I updated to the laster version something weird happened and I cannot add anymore only proxy files into iTunes?! There is not such option in the A+ to my remembering…

Screen Shot 2014-01-17 at 08.47.48.png

Anyone know something about it? A+ every time when I am trying to add FLAC files, converting it and putting the whole file to iTunes, instead only the small proxy aiff file with the pseudolink to the original one. That's not the 1.5.10 behavior for sure.

Edit:

I am not alone: http://www.audirvana.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=472&p=1847#p1847

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

Problem with A+ 1.5.12.

When I updated to the laster version something weird happened and I cannot add anymore only proxy files into iTunes?! There is not such option in the A+ to my remembering…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10252[/ATTACH]

Anyone know something about it? A+ every time when I am trying to add FLAC files, converting it and putting the whole file to iTunes, instead only the small proxy aiff file with the pseudolink to the original one. That's not the 1.5.10 behavior for sure.

Edit:

I am not alone: audirvana.com • View topic - What happened to Proxy only files for iTunes?

The menu looks the same here. A pity as I liked my proxies to be empty. Not a big issue for me know as I only have a small number of DSD files, but still makes you wonder.

Maybe Damien found that some of the reported DSD playback issues were related to the empty proxies and hence got rid of this option?

The menu looks the same here. A pity as I liked my proxies to be empty. Not a big issue for me know as I only have a small number of DSD files, but still makes you wonder.

Maybe Damien found that some of the reported DSD playback issues were related to the empty proxies and hence got rid of this option?

This is not only for DSD, but also if you have FLACs in the primary direction you need to use proxy - iTunes does not support FLAC files natively. This is a bummer for me, so when I can downgrade to 1.5.10/11?

--

Krzysztof Maj

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

When I upgraded to 1.5.12 my low weight proxies for SACDs lost track of the original DSD recordings. If I try to generate new proxies it takes a long time to do it and at the end the proxy referred to the CD version recorded in Apple lossless, not to the DSD one. Do I have to reconstruct again all my proxy library? And even if I have to, how would I relate them to the DSD recordings? Is now mandatory to build bigger proxies that take longer to be built?

When I upgraded to 1.5.12 my low weight proxies for SACDs lost track of the original DSD recordings. If I try to generate new proxies it takes a long time to do it and at the end the proxy referred to the CD version recorded in Apple lossless, not to the DSD one. Do I have to reconstruct again all my proxy library? And even if I have to, how would I relate them to the DSD recordings? Is now mandatory to build bigger proxies that take longer to be built?

I'd suggest a PM to Damien78, the developer.

Since 1.5.12 does not support proxy only files for iTunes, I'll stay with 1.5.10!

Audio

Auralic Aries Mini > SBooster Vbus Isolator > Clicktronic USB 2.0 cable 0.5m > UpTone Audio REGEN (amber) > Curious USB REGEN link > Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > inakustik Reference NF-102 (RCA) > PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Integrated Amplifier (EL34 tubes) > AH! DLS Direkt KB10 Speaker Cable > Sonus Faber Liuto Tower

~ and ~

Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > Belkin male 3.5-3.5 stereo jack iPod cable (with 6.3 adapter) > Sennheiser RS180

Powerline

Dedicated power group > Oehlbach Powercord OFC 1.5mm2 Schuko-C13 > Furman AC-210A E Power Conditioner > Powerline 1 to PrimaLuna, Powerline 2 to Brennenstuhl Premium Powersocket

UpTone Audio REGEN is powered by Meanwell SMPS with SBooster Ultra for REGEN

Auralic Aries Mini is powered by SBooster BOTW P&P ECO 15/16V with SBooster Ultra 15V

Since 1.5.12 does not support proxy only files for iTunes, I'll stay with 1.5.10!

I hope that's not true, just a bug, if so, I need a downgrade as well! Damien what is going on, no word in the release notes about it?

--

Krzysztof Maj

Working fine for me :/ Exactly the same as older releases - not sure what's going on for some.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Working fine for me :/ Exactly the same as older releases - not sure what's going on for some.

Playback works fine here as well. The issue is that the possibility to create "empty" proxy files is not there any more. Now they have to contain at least "very lossy compression". It is unclear why Damien eliminated the option of having empty proxy shells.

Playback works fine here as well. The issue is that the possibility to create "empty" proxy files is not there any more. Now they have to contain at least "very lossy compression". It is unclear why Damien eliminated the option of having empty proxy shells.

AHH. Got it. I haven't used this feature for some time, preferring to create 24/44 lossless files so I can sync them easily with iDevices, etc.

The "very lossy" files created with that lowest quality option, though, are *very* small; a 230Mb DSD file = 1.7Mb "very lossy" pointer file.

Perhaps Damien felt the tradeoff in creating slightly larger files compensated for some feature / future feature he is working on? I'm sure he'll comment on it soon.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Playback with 1.5.12 is no problem. Adding multichannel flacs for itunes is extremely slow. I did a reinstall of 1.5.10

Mac mini i7/16GB/1TB Late 2012 Audirvana Plus 2.3.1 (Mac OS 10.11.3) controlled by A+ Remote (iOS 9.2) -> HDMI -> Denon AVR-3808A -> Visaton VOX 252 Surround setup/Dual Bass Array

I just received an email from Damien; I quote:

Hello Ricardo,

Are you using a Mytek Stereo DSD DAC? (btw, no, I have a Luxman DA-06)

1.5.11 fixed a bug in SACD ISO playback where the multichannel layer was wrongly selected instead of the stereo one.

And on some SACDs both layers don't have the same track lengths.

So as the proxys were created with the multichannel layer and playback is now done correctly with the stereo one, there is a mismatch in tracks position for fortunately only a few SACDs.

For those, and only those you'll have to reconstruct the proxy files. You can use the very lossy setting if you don't need any conversion to PCM for these proxies.

I had to remove the no sound proxies as there were issues with them including metadata tags incompatibilities in iTunes, and tracks skipping.

Best,

Damien

Unfortunately, this time Damien's answer did not solve my problem. I will try this evening to rename/relocate/rebuild the connection between my proxy files and the SACD recordings, to see if I can avoid reconstructing them (especially now, when the "add files to iTunes" process takes really a long time)

AHH. Got it. I haven't used this feature for some time, preferring to create 24/44 lossless files so I can sync them easily with iDevices, etc.

The "very lossy" files created with that lowest quality option, though, are *very* small; a 230Mb DSD file = 1.7Mb "very lossy" pointer file.

Perhaps Damien felt the tradeoff in creating slightly larger files compensated for some feature / future feature he is working on? I'm sure he'll comment on it soon.

That's correct, I had to remove the Proxy Only option as there were too many issues with it, including

- tracks skipping in iTunes

- metadata incompatibilities of this format

The definitive solution will come with the 2.0 version I'm currently working on that will remove the need for using iTunes to catalog your music and thus the proxy files.

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Many thanks for the explanation of the proxy issue.

Did we have to purchase a new license for version 2?

I have just paid for version 1.5 :)

Mac mini i7/16GB/1TB Late 2012 Audirvana Plus 2.3.1 (Mac OS 10.11.3) controlled by A+ Remote (iOS 9.2) -> HDMI -> Denon AVR-3808A -> Visaton VOX 252 Surround setup/Dual Bass Array

so how to get the 1.5.10 version again?

Don't you still have the 1.5.10 version in your Downloads folder? I tend to hang on to the last couple of versions, as a 'get out of jail free' option!

Synology NAS, Mac Mini 2011 (with SSD and 16GB RAM), Lampizator L4 Gen4 PCM DAC, Concert Fidelity CF-080 LSX2 line pre-amp, SGR CX4F active speakers, Apple iPad (as remote).

Software: OS X Mavericks, Amarra Symphony 3.0 with iRC/Audirvana Plus 1.5.12/, Remoter VNC (on iPad). CAD OS X script v2.2 (to remove redundant processes).

OS X Mavericks running from SD card; 8 GB RAM disk for music files.

All connected via a snakes nest of various exotic cables! ;o)

Just one thought for people who, regularly in these threads about new versions, need an earlier version of A+ or another music player like Amarra.

Here's what I do, that has twin advantages:

When I hear there's a new version, say of A+, I go to that site and download the new version. I do NOT download the new version through the older version of the application itself.

Then, I rename the file: What was "Audirvana Plus" is now "Audirvana Plus 1.5.12" and the previous version is named "Audirvana Plus 1.5.10"…and so on.

So, I have not lost the earlier version.

But perhaps more important, I leave both versions in my Applications folder, and in my Dock, and can go back and forth between them as needed.

This works, because with A+ at least, the settings file can be shared between two versions of the application.

And then, only when I'm satisfied with the new version, I backup -- still never trash -- the older version.

Dave, who says while both versions are installed in the Applications folder only one is launched at a time

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++