IGNORED

Audirvana 1.5.12

Musicophile

BTW, I just got my Wyrd4Snd DAC2 upgraded and it is now "Integer Mode" compatible. I now get what everyone was talking about and so excited about! Audirvana SQ now rocks and is my player of choice!

More Mytek misery ...

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

The control in question should be right next to the volume slider in the iTunes main window, as shown here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10348[/ATTACH]

If you've already found and fixed that, then it may well be an A+ bug.

Thanks for your thoughts and the screen-grab. I did find that icon at the top of the iTunes window and it was set for only Computer (not Apple TV, though I did have that option present, though unselected). So maybe it is a Audirvana bug???

I suppose so.

My assumption is that Damien, given that 2.0 with proper file management is underway, doesn't want to further develop the Itunes proxy concept which was never anything better than a workaround anyhow.

I wonder if my experience with DSD files from Acoustic Sounds was a result of the issues that Damien was seeing with Audirvana. I find that DSD files downloaded from there that I create proxies for do not play well. When playing the proxies in iTunes they files skip around and do not play properly as Damien described. ver .12 might fix this.

I got file skipping then switching on/off my HDMI display. I use the HDMI connection to get multichannel in my DAC and use proxy only files in iTunes.

Mac mini i7/16GB/1TB Late 2012 Audirvana Plus 2.3.1 (Mac OS 10.11.3) controlled by A+ Remote (iOS 9.2) -> HDMI -> Denon AVR-3808A -> Visaton VOX 252 Surround setup/Dual Bass Array

OK so after a frustrating few days I found a torrent that has 1.5.10 - DO NOT USE THE CRACK - Don't be a jerk - pay Damien for his hard work and the great software - but if you rename Audirvana Plus to Audirvana Plus 1.5.12 then reinstall the old .dmg file - it will use your existing license file as it should all be in the same directory.

Now I can add proxies again, which work flawlessly for my Teac ud-501

Awaiting a 2.0 with a nice file system for hi res

I has installed 1.5.10 and bought the licence file. Then I updated to 1.5.12. After some trouble with the proxy files I reinstalled 1.5.10 with no renaming required. I can provide a link to the original 1.5.10 installer without any hacks or cracks. But I need the permission from Damien.

Mac mini i7/16GB/1TB Late 2012 Audirvana Plus 2.3.1 (Mac OS 10.11.3) controlled by A+ Remote (iOS 9.2) -> HDMI -> Denon AVR-3808A -> Visaton VOX 252 Surround setup/Dual Bass Array

The control in question should be right next to the volume slider in the iTunes main window, as shown here:

Thanks very much. Obviously someday I'll have to read the iTunes owners manual to figure this stuff out. Oh, wait, there is no owners manual. . .

I'll give this a try when I get home from work in the morning. Thank you for your help.

Steve Z

VPI-HW40 Anniversary turntable, Grado Aeon3 cartridge; Teres turntable, VPI Fatboy gimbal, Dynavector XV1-S, Lyra Helikon mono; Taiko Audio Extreme server, dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler Plus and Clock, Cybershaft OP21 Reference Clock; Playback Designs Pinot ADC; D'Agostino Momentum M400 amplifiers, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono stage; Wilson Audio Alexx speakers, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofers; Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR & Typhon, Shunyata Sigma NR & Alpha NR power cords, Sigma interconnects, digital and speaker cables; Stillpoints ESS grid system rack; Stillpoints Ultras and Ultra 5s, component stands and cones under everything, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots and lots of music.

Apple will change everything everytime. I think it is not easy for Damien to keep track of their changes. Hope, there is some remote in filemanaging of version 2 ;)

Apple will change everything everytime. I think it is not easy for Damien to keep track of their changes. Hope, there is some remote in filemanaging of version 2 ;)

It will be :D

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Now I can add proxies again, which work flawlessly for my Teac ud-501

Awaiting a 2.0 with a nice file system for hi res

Just wondering why you are not able to add process with 1.5.12?

All the quality levels contain the link information to the original file, so are proxies.

The main difference is that they are not truncated files as the previous "Proxy only" was. It contained only a few secs of silence, but this was causing problems when iTunes and/or a disk had some slowness and other niceties resulting at least in track skipping.

If you play only with Audirvana Plus, you can use the "very lossy" setting that makes files of only ~1% of the size of the original DSD file.

The other settings, like lossless or better lossy, are useful if you want to sync those tracks with your iPhone/iPod.

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Well, I checked the setting in iTunes, and it already was selected to single and computer. So it must be an A+ problem.

Thanks for the help.

Steve Z

VPI-HW40 Anniversary turntable, Grado Aeon3 cartridge; Teres turntable, VPI Fatboy gimbal, Dynavector XV1-S, Lyra Helikon mono; Taiko Audio Extreme server, dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler Plus and Clock, Cybershaft OP21 Reference Clock; Playback Designs Pinot ADC; D'Agostino Momentum M400 amplifiers, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono stage; Wilson Audio Alexx speakers, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofers; Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR & Typhon, Shunyata Sigma NR & Alpha NR power cords, Sigma interconnects, digital and speaker cables; Stillpoints ESS grid system rack; Stillpoints Ultras and Ultra 5s, component stands and cones under everything, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots and lots of music.

Just updated, so far no issues observed.

Does anybody know what that "wish list" thingy is supposed to do?

Thanks Musicophile, I also did the update and experienced no problem so far.

Where do you see the "wish list thingy"??

NUC10i7 Roon ROCK > EtherREGEN > Lumin U1 Mini > Chord DAVE > Focal Utopia 

Thanks Musicophile, I also did the update and experienced no problem so far.

Where do you see the "wish list thingy"??

This was part of the update announcement:

"This version of iTunes adds the ability to see your Wish List while viewing your iTunes library"

I didn't know which wish list they were referring to. Apparently it is the Itunes store wish list, so most likely irrelevant for most of us unless you buy AACs.

iTunes 11.1.4 purportedly liberates your Wish List from the confines of the Store | Macworld

I've hesitated to post this, because it's both subjective and subtle, but on both my larger dedicated-Mac system and the work computer I'm sitting at now, I prefer the sound with Audirvana 1.5.10 to the 1.5.12 version.

Can't put it into words, just a feeling.

Anyone else prefer the previous stable version?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I've hesitated to post this, because it's both subjective and subtle, but on both my larger dedicated-Mac system and the work computer I'm sitting at now, I prefer the sound with Audirvana 1.5.10 to the 1.5.12 version.

Can't put it into words, just a feeling.

Anyone else prefer the previous stable version?

That's interesting, let the more experienced with A+ several releases to drop a line about it.

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

Hi gang: Up until tonight I have not had a chance to try 1.5.12. Had still be running 1.5.10. Now that I've mostly finished my daughter's college financial aide applications and sent off my power supply parts/chassis for some CAD work, I made time to compare the two A+ versions.

Well, if ever there was a pair of releases to invite over all the s/w version skeptics for a demo, these two would be it. I now have a measurement mic and stand, and I am tempted to record both versions for the naysayers to analyze. I am 90% certain that something would show up. The same tracks back-to-back in each version sound like different masterings!

While 1.5.12 is in a number of ways fuller in the bass, it comes at the expense of several qualities of 1.5.10, and of A+ in general:

a) Lateral and depth dimension--Frankly I find the music stuck to the speakers. Recordings like Brubeck's "Take Five" (SACD) on which the drum kit is clearly arranged with the cymbals out front and the snare and toms arrayed around (all in the left channel), simply collapse into a single dimension with 1.5.12.

b) Air and room presence go missing--I have been listening to the wonderful "Tarentelas" by Atrium Musicae de Madrid (Harmonia Mundi on JVC XRCD is the only digital edition worth having) for over 35 years. Sadly, 1.5.12 sucks the immediacy and life out of many of the period instruments and thickens the guitar.

c) Congealing of mid-bass--The details of tone and string and wood of the big acoustic bass on "All Blues" from Brian Bromberg's "Wood" CD are an obvious example of the effect. If I was to try to record and measure, this would be the track I would use.

I hate to be so hard on a new release of A+. It immediately struck me as such a big change that for the first 20 minutes I was suspending judgement and trying to consider if 1.5.12 might just be a tonal change and in fact more balanced and accurate. After all, there have been some big shocker version changes in the past year which were confusing at first but revealed themselves to be vast improvements. (My speakers/room, while pretty neutral--recent measurements surprised me just how balanced they are--still can't be a universal judge of tonal balance.) But after a few rounds of A/B/A I can't find much love for 1.5.12. Even just leaving it playing while typing this, I find myself a bit bored by the music. Normally I can't work with the music on because it is distractingly real and engaging. In a way this means more than my above attempt at sonic descriptions.

A+ has come so far, but for me this one is a step backwards. Others may come to different conclusions.

Have a nice weekend,

Alex C.

P.S. Now listening to the 24/192 of Miles Davis "All Blues" from KoB. (Fantastic remastering BTW!) Tried 1.5.12 one more time and everything I said above still stands--all to be heard with this one track. Horn reality is not well served by 1.5.12.

Thanks so much Alex!

i hadn't compared them, but found myself rather bored listening yesterday to 1.5.12. I didn't think it was A+ - so appreciate the heads up (thinking it was more to do with my messing around with the CAD script.... I ended up turning the sub down...

SACD's like KoB have quickly become my references - so good.

Your time and efforts are always appreciated :-)

luke

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

After some careful listening of both versions, I 100% agree with with Superdad's (Alex) findings. 1.5.12 is a regression in respect to SQ, no doubt on that.

Dirk

IsoTek evo3 Sirius⎪Late 2009 27" iMac 20GB w/SSD, 10.10.x ➤Audirvana Plus 3.0.x (Exclusive Direct Integer Mode 1, NOS) & Qobuz HiFi Sublime+ ➤Curious Cables ➤UpTone Audio ISO REGEN (UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 (Breeze Audio R-Core Linear PSU)) ➤UpTone Audio USPCB ➤iFi micro iDAC2 running v5.2a (Bit-Perfect) serving:

➤Nobsound SE OTL headphone amp on Herbie's Soft Tenderfoot (selected tubes with Herbie's UltraSonic Rx) with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable⎪Audez'e LCD-2 Rev. 2 on Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Premium cable

➤Audioengine A5+ with AudioQuest Power NRG-1 cable

➤iFi micro iTube2 ➤Denon AVR-A100 100th Anniversary Edition with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable on IsoTek evo3 Aquarius⎪B&W 804 D3 bi-amped on Inakustik cables

I too switched back to 1.5.10

I had thought we'd gotten past the variability between these minor updates, but I guess not.

Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Metrum Hex NOS DAC w/Upgraded USB Module-2, UpTone Regen Amber, Pass Labs INT-30A Amplifier, B&W 802 Diamond Speakers, Shotgun Bi-wire Kimber 4TC Cables. Headphone setup: Burson Soloist Amp, Audeze LCD-3 Headphones.

I got an issue with 1.5.10 and the iTunes Update 11.1.4

I use the Mac mini headless. Now I get a message from iTunes that volume is off (zero), that I have to confirm this with pressing the enter key. If not, iPhone remote app hangs and toggle around. This happens since the iTunes update from 11.1.3 to 11.1.4.