IGNORED

M2Tech HiFace Mavericks problem

nieldm

Normally I'd agree, but in this case I'm more concerned that once they get a basic driver out they'll simply move the Highface-1 and similarly derived OEM boards to legacy product status and not invest any additional time or money on further development.

So my vote is to still push for integer mode now because there's a good chance it's a now or NEVER situation.

They should just release the source code for the osx driver together with the linux driver (which already is). It can only be good for business.

Yay!

Got a reply from M2Tech yesterday:

Dear Huy,

thank you for your e-mail. We actually know about using Northstar and Chord drivers to use our products. The fact is that a company cannot suggest using other companies part or apps to run her own products. Anyway, our new driver is almost ready, we hope to release a beta in 2 weeks.

Best regards,

Marco Manunta

So ~2 weeks for beta drivers.

Huy Hong, first of all, you are da man. I've been grooving to sweet music because of your fix. Thank you so much.

One question. I know nothing about Unix, so I went to Terminal and entered your commands slavishly. It worked, of course. My question is, when the drivers from Marco do come out, am I going to have to somehow reverse what you had us do from the command line in order to make the hiface 2 work with the new driver? If so, could you please post the commands for us dummies?

Thanks again.

One more week to go and we will know if M2Tech will hand-in its homework or miss target again... :P

I have put all my money in North Star Desing.

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

Is dinner ready yet?

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

yes... Italian lunch... 200gram boiled spaghetti per ear...

2010 Mac Pro (westmere 6-core, 16G Ram)[br]M2Tech Vaughan DAC[br]McIntosh MA6600 integrated[br]B&W805S[br]Luxman P1_u[br]Sennheiser HD800[br]Silver Streak Interconnects

I cant believe that they have not come up with a solution yet, what the heck.

As an IT guy I find it amusing (if not amazing) that Mr. M&M (and his device developer, whoever he is) spent 4 months and still have not yet figured out how to write an Maverick device driver properly...

Somehow this makes me remember the day when E-mu / Creative Labs failed to deliver Snow Leopard 64-bit driver for its 0404 USB DAC for such a long time that effectively killed the product...

No more DAC with custom device driver. No more.

Somehow this makes me remember the day when E-mu / Creative Labs failed to deliver Snow Leopard 64-bit driver for its 0404 USB DAC for such a long time that effectively killed the product...

Same thing when it comes to Win7/8 driver. I guess there's still no final release of Win7 driver although we are already at Win8.

But it should work just fine on OS X without any special driver, because it works just fine on Linux with UAC2 driver (although there are couple of quirks in the driver for it).

hiFace works just fine on Linux too, since the driver is now officially part of Linux kernel.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Wyred for Sound release BETA DAC-2 10.9 (Mavericks) Driver on 03/04/14 Huy Hong we need you!!!!!!!

Marco is totally lost.

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

Wyred for Sound release BETA DAC-2 10.9 (Mavericks) Driver on 03/04/14 Huy Hong we need you!!!!!!!

Marco is totally lost.

Thanks for finding these. Updated installation instructions using the W4S DAC-2 based drivers here, includes commands to remove the older Northstar r5 drivers:

https://gist.github.com/huyhong/8323746

I suspect both the Northstar and W4S drivers are from the same developer, with the W4S being a slightly newer build (Northstar: v1.0.55 vs W4S: v1.0.59)

Otherwise only difference in the kexts is the "BlockSize" key being increased from 512 to 4096.

Not getting static or pops at all from Audirvana or Spotify in 15 minutes of use, will continue to observe through the night. Direct Mode and Integer Mode still seem to be intact.

Lemme know if I can be of any additional assistance :).

Thanks for finding these. Updated installation instructions using the W4S DAC-2 based drivers here, includes commands to remove the older Northstar r5 drivers:

I suspect both the Northstar and W4S drivers are from the same developer, with the W4S being a slightly newer build (Northstar: v1.0.55 vs W4S: v1.0.59)

Otherwise only difference in the kexts is the "BlockSize" key being increased from 512 to 4096.

Not getting static or pops at all from Audirvana or Spotify in 15 minutes of use, will continue to observe through the night. Direct Mode and Integer Mode still seem to be intact.

Thanks Huy! Yes the clicks and pops are gone for over 30 mins now. Looks like this driver is good and stable enough for use.

BTW anybody mind to send Mr. M an email to ask for his status? :P

Awesome. It works, I just had to reboot and then run the last commands again for the driver to appear. The static is gone (there was still a little static even with full buffers using the Northstar driver).

Thanks Huy!

I had some problems with BitPerfect 2.0 and integer mode – I would get occasional choppy playback which could be sometimes fixed by playing a new track, sometimes by closing and re-opening BitPerfect. After having tried disabling integer mode, the issue has not re-appered – so far…

I just had to reboot and then run the last commands again for the driver to appear.

Same for me, no problems at all sounding excellent!!!!

Huy you are the Man.

Marco you can take all the time you want to release the driver. we don't need it anymore.

Hi everybody!

I'm Pawel. Live in Poland. I've been watching this thread for few weeks and there is only one thing I can tell: Huy Hong You Are THE MAN!!!

Thank You very much!!! Having my hiface Evo working flawlessly!

Marco you can take all the time you want to release the driver. we don't need it anymore.

Please speak for yourself in this regard.

I for one want an OEM driver delivered from M2Tech that doesn't require any manipulation or non-standard installation procedure to work properly.

Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Metrum Hex NOS DAC w/Upgraded USB Module-2, UpTone Regen Amber, Pass Labs INT-30A Amplifier, B&W 802 Diamond Speakers, Shotgun Bi-wire Kimber 4TC Cables. Headphone setup: Burson Soloist Amp, Audeze LCD-3 Headphones.