IGNORED

M2Tech HiFace Mavericks problem

nieldm

After 2 days of testing i have only 4 momentary music pauses with audirvana, i can't associate the pauses with something, this in my daily machine with a ton of other programs active at the same time.

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

Marco .... driver??????......Seeing is believing

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

Hello All,

I've received a driver from Turkish Distributor of M2Tech. I did not test it. I will test tonight.

Plese find the download link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ericks-1.1.pkg

I can confirm that my company has taken this task two week ago and now the first version of the driver is ready. I don't know exactly if the package is correct and it's better to download form m2tech website when it will be ready because I can not confirm without an md5sum of the packet. BTW The driver should includes integer mode and support all frequencies and it works only on Maverick platform just because we have tested on the latest osx. Make to sense to give a delivery for old OS even we have tried on Mountain Lion too

Told you so, you bunch of old cynics! - It's coming.

I'm Michael Trimarchi the author of the linux driver and another guy of our company decide to implement it in mac osx. I know perfectly Marco and he is a good guy. We didn't have the possibility to do it before just because we were busy on other stuff like Linux embedded. Now the source code is available to them and it will be easy to support the product family.

I don't know. I didn't have the possibility to test connected to usb3 bus and there are a lot of user that need to uninstall all the crap until now. New source code can help us to track problem. Amarula Solutions gives a gift to thausends of users that use m2tech technology. We are happy for the result so far. I don't like developers that take thousands of euro for 5/7 days work and Marco trust to much people in the past.

Hello Again,

I've tested the new M2tech Mavericks driver (which I attached dropbox link before) and it is working with Amarra without any problems so far.

The Turkish distributor told me that, the driver came from M2tech today and planning to be available in a couple of weeks at the official M2tech site.

I don't know. I didn't have the possibility to test connected to usb3 bus and there are a lot of user that need to uninstall all the crap until now.

For all of us that had to download a different driver while we waited, what do we need to do before installing the M2Tech driver?

2012 MBP (OSX 10.11 and Amarra Symphony w/IRC)-> Revelation Dual Conduit USB -> Berkeley Alpha USB -> Verastarr Silver Signature AES -> Devialet D250-> Siltech 550L -> KEF 104/2 (Steve Nugent Custom).

Power conditioning Audience Adept AR2p -> Verastarr Grand Illusion, Siltech Explorer 270p and Crystal Cable Standard Diamond

Analog: VPI Classic 3, Sumiko Pearwood Celebration ii, Siltech 770i RCA

Run these:

sudo kextunload -b 'com.m2tech.driver'

sudo kextunload -b 'com.async.driver.async192'

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Hiface.kext

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/async192.kext

sudo pkgutil --forget com.m2tech.driver

sudo pkgutil --forget com.async.driver.async192

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Run these:

sudo kextunload -b 'com.m2tech.driver'

sudo kextunload -b 'com.async.driver.async192'

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Hiface.kext

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/async192.kext

sudo pkgutil --forget com.m2tech.driver

sudo pkgutil --forget com.async.driver.async192

I've run these but got errors saying "no receipt found" and my Off Ramp still shows up as a choice in Output when I find no kext for async192 or Hiface. Am I correct in thinking if all drivers are removed then my "Empirical Audio async usb interface" (for the Off Ramp) should no longer show as a choice?

I've run these but got errors saying "no receipt found" and my Off Ramp still shows up as a choice in Output when I find no kext for async192 or Hiface. Am I correct in thinking if all drivers are removed then my "Empirical Audio async usb interface" (for the Off Ramp) should no longer show as a choice?

The commands that report an error you can just ignore. They only act on things that are there (and in your case not).

Give your system a minute to digest the changes you’ve made. If that doesn’t help then run

again. If that doesn’t help then reboot.