IGNORED

M2Tech HiFace Mavericks problem

nieldm

I spoke with the man...he still have the same problem ! It seems that is a problem with the SSD Fusion technology and the USB 3.0. Everybody is waiting for a software solve of the problem. My question is: it can be fixed by software or is a hardware issue ?

M2tech has launched nice new website, but still no word about drivers on Mavericks.

if it does not work ... Polish it !!!!!!

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

Good day to all,

I installed the aync W4S driver last week, according to Huy's instructions, and got it working with my EVO. Tried listening to some music yesterday and I cannot see the driver anymore in sound outputs even after a few reinstalls. I have a Macbook Pro with Mavericks installed.

Anybody have a clue as to what is happening ?

Regards.

Good day to all,

I installed the aync W4S driver last week, according to Huy's instructions, and got it working with my EVO. Tried listening to some music yesterday and I cannot see the driver anymore in sound outputs even after a few reinstalls. I have a Macbook Pro with Mavericks installed.

Anybody have a clue as to what is happening ?

Regards.

Huy recommends

I'd try clearing your kext caches:

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

sudo kextcache -system-caches

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

Thank you Huy! I got your recipe working with my JKDAC 32. I should note that it seemed to only work when I did the recommended step of changing the driver name to hiface.1.usb...something something. Anyways, I am so happy to have my main DAC back in the mix, and it is all thanks to Huy. To those who have problems with the procedures, I recommend to keep trying. It took a few times for me to get it working, but once it did, it seems quite stable.

By the way, has anybody had any problems using this solution (the W4S driver) with Amarra. When I use it with Amarra, the sound begins to "warble" after a bit, especially with high resolution files. This may be an Amarra problem, but it did not happen when I was on Mountain Lion. My music library has increased substantially in recent months - would that put more pressure on Amarra, or do you think this is a Mavericks issue or a driver issue?

By the way, has anybody had any problems using this solution (the W4S driver) with Amarra. When I use it with Amarra, the sound begins to "warble" after a bit, especially with high resolution files. This may be an Amarra problem, but it did not happen when I was on Mountain Lion. My music library has increased substantially in recent months - would that put more pressure on Amarra, or do you think this is a Mavericks issue or a driver issue?

The WFS driver have some problems, i'm starting to think this USB interface is garbage, my solution

Xmos Asynchronous USB to Coaxial Optical Converter 24BIT192K with I2S Low Jitter | eBay

Hmmm...that doesn't help me much since my DAC is usb input only - JKDAC32. I can always go back to using my Peachtree, but the whole point of using this driver was to get my JKDAC back into place. I guess I can use this solution until HIFACE comes out with something intended for their product.

For anyone looking for hiFace Two support, the W4S drivers won't do you any good. Those drivers only apply for specific vendorId and productId and it's unlikely the hiFace Two uses the same value as the hiFace One. Installing the W4S drivers, with or without my mods, won't do anything. You'll have to look for M2Tech for help.

For those not seeing the hiFace One on boot, you may have to run "sudo kextload -b 'com.async.driver.async192'" in terminal after boot. Device will pop back up in Sound Preferences right after. Happens to me when I reboot (which is almost never), currently slammed with other work so can't troubleshoot.

This is getting sadder by the day :/

For those who haven't gotten my hacky fix to work, throw me some data about your devices:

1. Download "USB Probe" for 10.7+ – http://touch-base.com/downloads/MacProber/USB_Prober_Mac_OS_X_10.7.3.zip (more info here if you're concerned about what you're downloading)

2. Run it

3. Click on the panels on this screenshot:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10436[/ATTACH]

4. Write down exactly what device you have and the 3 values (or if you can make sense of it, just replace the vendorId and productId in the respective places for the Young DAC)

Let me know,

Huy

Hi Huy!

I saw this thread which mentioned hacking a driver (async_155r5) to enable m2Tech based drivers to work under Mavericks and wondered if it would be possible to do so for an Empirical Audio Off Ramp 5. I downloaded and ran the USB Prober you suggested and have the screenshot below for your reference. Thanks!

usb device info.jpg

Dan

Hi Huy!

I saw this thread which mentioned hacking a driver (async_155r5) to enable m2Tech based drivers to work under Mavericks and wondered if it would be possible to do so for an Empirical Audio Off Ramp 5. I downloaded and ran the USB Prober you suggested and have the screenshot below for your reference. Thanks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11385[/ATTACH]

Dan

Hey Dan,

You have an old driver installed still that's conficting with the newer ones. Try running:

kextfind -b "com.veldom.driver.EM_Usb"

to find the old .kext file. Run

open /System/Library/Extensions

and find that .kext file and delete it. Then

sudo kextunload -b 'com.veldom.driver.EM_Usb'

should remove that driver completely. Then follow the rest of the instructions.

Huy

Hey Dan,

You have an old driver installed still that's conficting with the newer ones. Try running:

kextfind -b "com.veldom.driver.EM_Usb"

to find the old .kext file. Run

open /System/Library/Extensions

and find that .kext file and delete it. Then

sudo kextunload -b 'com.veldom.driver.EM_Usb'

should remove that driver completely. Then follow the rest of the instructions.

Huy

Many thanks Huy! I now have my Off Ramp 5 recognized and working under Mavericks! It was choppy under Pure Music but is working 100% under Audirvana+. You da man!

Many thanks Huy! I now have my Off Ramp 5 recognized and working under Mavericks! It was choppy under Pure Music but is working 100% under Audirvana+. You da man!

Whoops... spoke just a bit too soon. Now getting (reduced) choppiness under A+. Any ideas why sound would cut in and out?

Whoops... spoke just a bit too soon. Now getting (reduced) choppiness under A+. Any ideas why sound would cut in and out?

Are you using the W4S drivers or the Northstar ones? Your original comment about the "async_155r5" suggests the latter. Try the W4S drivers, those don't emit any crackling/static for me.