IGNORED

M2Tech HiFace Mavericks problem

nieldm

I'm thinking that is the case.

I connected the Young to my Mac laptop that has never had the driver installed and it still is not recognized.

I reached out to M2Tech in the mean time to see if they have any suggestions.

Are using the same Usb cable for every test?

It works with TosLink. At least I get sound from TosLink.

Any tracks higher than 96 are all downsampled to 96. Also, all downsampled music is SUPER quite. All 44.1 tracks are 3+ times as loud as the downsampled versions.

Since I was unsuccessful trying multiple USB cables, it seems like the USB port on my DAC is the culprit. The USB ports on the Mac mini work fine with any other device (mouse, keyboard, flash drive, etc.).

It works with TosLink. At least I get sound from TosLink.

Any tracks higher than 96 are all downsampled to 96. Also, all downsampled music is SUPER quite. All 44.1 tracks are 3+ times as loud as the downsampled versions.

Since I was unsuccessful trying multiple USB cables, it seems like the USB port on my DAC is the culprit. The USB ports on the Mac mini work fine with any other device (mouse, keyboard, flash drive, etc.).

Now try these steps:

Troubleshooting Class Compliant USB Computer Peripherals

• 4 weeks later...

I have a pretty annoying problem where the audio drops for a second and then returns, sometimes it plays for a second on my mac through the speakers. If I use Amarra, Amarra crashes. I had this problem with the unofficial driver and now still with the official. I used the uninstaller and the different commands for deleting all traces of the 'old' driver. In console I always get this message when the audio drops

06/09/14 17:31:39,715 com.apple.launchd[1]: (0x7ff7e1c60080.anonymous.pcscd[389]) The following job tried to hijack the service "hotplug" from this job: 0x7ff7e1d75a10.anonymous.pcscd

I noticed that if I wiggle with the usb there is a chance that the drop happens. But then there are times when I can go left and right, up and down and even pulling the usb out a bit without the audio dropping. It also happens when the computer is standing still on my desk.

I have a Snow Leopard partition where this drop doesn't happen. (Or maybe a couple of times over a very long period, but certainly not each listening session.)

Any ideas, suggestions?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Glad it worked out.

Hi i Have upgrade yesterday from Maverick to Yosemite. Initially I changed the M2tech drive for the new one, but surprise no sound!

When I have decide make a rollback I tried the old one for Maverick and it works perfect with Yosemite.

I have set A+ uncheck Direct Mode and now no more cutoff with songs equal or above 192K!

Thanks for all in this forum!

mgaluzzi[br] MBP early 2011 Yosemite, DAC Luxman DA06, USB Cable Light Harmonics, Luxman L590-AX Integrated, Acrolink Interconnects, Kubala and Acrolink Power cables, ELAC 249 LoudSpeakers with ASI Liveline biwire

I've just had exactly the same problem. Can you tell me how I roll-back the driver on the Young pls?

Hi i Have upgrade yesterday from Maverick to Yosemite. Initially I changed the M2tech drive for the new one, but surprise no sound!

When I have decide make a rollback I tried the old one for Maverick and it works perfect with Yosemite.

I have set A+ uncheck Direct Mode and now no more cutoff with songs equal or above 192K!

Thanks for all in this forum!

Thanks for the post -- I have the same experience with my USB/SPDIF bridge which uses the same M2Tech driver. 2 questions for Uzinusa:

1. Is there any sonic advantage to the upgrade to the Yosemite driver? Given past experience with M2Tech drivers, I'm likely to stay on the Maverick driver simply because it's working now.

2. Using Audirvana, when I switch songs with different bitrates, I have to release playback then hit play again. A slight bother. If you have (or had) a similar issue, has the Yosemite driver affected this?

Thanks in advance.

I am also dependent on an M2tech driver for my Off Ramp. After the original mess with Mavericks, I have kept my music-only Mac Pro (2008) on Mavericks and all's well. I have a 2nd disk I can use to start up under Yosemite and have experimented last night with the 11/17/14 driver. I went thru the procedure someone else mentioned to *manually* remove any previous driver via the Terminal. I then followed M2tech's recommended procedure to install this newest driver. After I finished, the Mac saw the the Off Ramp (as did A+ 2.0.6), but play would not initiate. The LED's that indicate selected sample rate on the Off Ramp are also dark. So, Yosemite is still no go for me.

When I did the manual removal of the old driver, the only kext found for removal was the Hiface.kext. The asynch192 kext was not found, and therefore also did not give the proper result when asked to forget same. Perhaps I somehow have an incomplete removal of the old driver, but I don't know how.

At least by testing Yosemite on a new disk I can keep from hosing the working system on Mavericks. Makes me wonder, though, where I'd be if the Mac Pro died.