IGNORED

M2Tech HiFace Mavericks problem

nieldm

Sound is excellent, tried Audirvana and Integer Mode is there. But Audirvana is not my cup of tea (one of the few), unfortunately I love JRiver and no chance to obtain I M...weird.

I support Huy Hong as M2Tech partner ;)

G

MacMini 2012 i5 2.3| 4GB |Crucial M4 64 Gb SSD |10.9.1| NorthStar Driver | Optimization Script |HiFace 1| JRiver 19 Mac | Buffalo II DAC | Mastersound 220| Rega Naos

Glad a few more of ya'll got it working.

I am a software engineer (among other things) but I have no idea how audio drivers are written, but I suspect getting the HiFace to work 100% has more to do with getting certain parameters aligned with what the device is capable of and inserting the correct respective productId/vendorId, then inserting those values into the Northwave drivers (assuming M2Tech can work out a deal). This stuff isn't rocket science if you can edit a text file and get it mostly working.

got my audirvana + updated and my m2tech vaughan sounds much better now (with north star driver installed).

Jriver still $ucks with this driver(cracklings, pops, statics.. you name it).

2010 Mac Pro (westmere 6-core, 16G Ram)[br]M2Tech Vaughan DAC[br]McIntosh MA6600 integrated[br]B&W805S[br]Luxman P1_u[br]Sennheiser HD800[br]Silver Streak Interconnects

Glad a few more of ya'll got it working.

I am a software engineer (among other things) but I have no idea how audio drivers are written, but I suspect getting the HiFace to work 100% has more to do with getting certain parameters aligned with what the device is capable of and inserting the correct respective productId/vendorId, then inserting those values into the Northwave drivers (assuming M2Tech can work out a deal). This stuff isn't rocket science if you can edit a text file and get it mostly working.

He's advertising for a driver developer on the website (http://www.m2tech.biz/jobs.html). Based in Pisa though, not Palo Alto!

"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions"

This is getting sadder by the day :/

For those who haven't gotten my hacky fix to work, throw me some data about your devices:

1. Download "USB Probe" for 10.7+ – http://touch-base.com/downloads/MacProber/USB_Prober_Mac_OS_X_10.7.3.zip (more info here if you're concerned about what you're downloading)

2. Run it

3. Click on the panels on this screenshot:

Screen_Shot_2014-01-23_at_9_05_05_PM-17.png

4. Write down exactly what device you have and the 3 values (or if you can make sense of it, just replace the vendorId and productId in the respective places for the Young DAC)

Let me know,

Huy

This is getting sadder by the day :/

For those who haven't gotten my hacky fix to work, throw me some data about your devices:

1. Download "USB Probe" for 10.7+ – http://touch-base.com/downloads/MacProber/USB_Prober_Mac_OS_X_10.7.3.zip (more info here if you're concerned about what you're downloading)

2. Run it

3. Click on the panels on this screenshot:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10436[/ATTACH]

4. Write down exactly what device you have and the 3 values (or if you can make sense of it, just replace the vendorId and productId in the respective places for the Young DAC)

Let me know,

Huy

Hi Huy,

Mine says exactly as your example with the red arrows but it is not recognised by system pref or audio midi.

I have a hiface1 installed into the my pdxl2 dad as its only source.

Hi Huy -- I'm also in the same boat. I'm following all of your instructions, but am not getting the new driver to be recognized. I have a Mac Mini (2012) with the current version of iOS. I have exactly the same 3 values in the lines that you point out above (I have been able to delete the old M2Tech driver, just not get the new one installed). Thank you again for all of your help.

Richard

Huy Hong thank you so much! Worked for me as well in Hiface Evo and Amarra! No clicks or pops! I was so desperate with this situation!

I really don't have enough words to thank you.

MacBook Pro > M2Tech Evo > Stylos SYS HAD > Sovereign Director > Sovereign Power > Tidal Piano Cera (Cabling: Argento)

I found out what RichardHolbrook was stuck on; he had a "W4S192.kext" installed, which was inteferring with the modified Northstar drivers and preventing his Hiface 1 from loading. I suspect the rest of you that are running into issues have older Hiface drivers still installed under different filenames from the default "Hiface.kext", thus preventing the Northstar drivers from loading.

It's been more than a month since we received our "Merry Christmas" we have no driver yet excuse card from M2Tech. Has anyone received an update since?

Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Metrum Hex NOS DAC w/Upgraded USB Module-2, UpTone Regen Amber, Pass Labs INT-30A Amplifier, B&W 802 Diamond Speakers, Shotgun Bi-wire Kimber 4TC Cables. Headphone setup: Burson Soloist Amp, Audeze LCD-3 Headphones.

Dont know if its true, but words on the street indicate that their developer left for Chord taking with him all the development code.

MacBook Pro > M2Tech Evo > Stylos SYS HAD > Sovereign Director > Sovereign Power > Tidal Piano Cera (Cabling: Argento)

Dont know if its true, but words on the street indicate that their developer left for Chord taking with him all the development code.

Every time someone on here reminds me that M2Tech implied the above my twitch comes back. Can anyone conceive of a situation whereby a company wouldn't have backups up the wazoo? Furthermore that an employment contract wouldn't make it a routine matter for M2Tech to get back any stolen source code? This is what we are being asked to believe.....and I for one ain't buying a word of it. I am also a broken record on this topic....

"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions"

Every time someone on here reminds me that M2Tech implied the above my twitch comes back. Can anyone conceive of a situation whereby a company wouldn't have backups up the wazoo? Furthermore that an employment contract wouldn't make it a routine matter for M2Tech to get back any stolen source code? This is what we are being asked to believe.....and I for one ain't buying a word of it. I am also a broken record on this topic....

Me neither. The guy running M2Tech is possibly a pathological liar. Surprised he got so far with the company as he did – which speaks against the hypothesis. Still, his excuses sound like hogwash. But then again, this is Italy we are talking about, and pretty much anything is possible down there.

So I've worked out about 6 installs now via email, and more often then not, people have residual drivers from previous installs. Turns out the productId and vendorId is the same for pretty much everyone, so either old drivers are interfering, or you're not running all the commands properly.

I'm tempted to re-package the Northstar drivers with the mod, along with commands to remove every variation of older Hiface drivers, so it's easy to install just like any driver would be installed, but that's probably not cool with Northstar, also M2Tech should be doing this, not me :).

M2Tech should be doing this, not me :).

Well at least you're doing something; which is much more than can be said for M2Tech, which has been an absolute failure in this regard.

If anyone from M2Tech is reading this please know that I for one will NEVER buy a product from your company. I will also if at all possible avoid buying products from any company that relies on your OEM boards. And most assuredly I will NEVER recommend your products to anyone.

Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Metrum Hex NOS DAC w/Upgraded USB Module-2, UpTone Regen Amber, Pass Labs INT-30A Amplifier, B&W 802 Diamond Speakers, Shotgun Bi-wire Kimber 4TC Cables. Headphone setup: Burson Soloist Amp, Audeze LCD-3 Headphones.