IGNORED

M2Tech HiFace Mavericks problem

nieldm

Are you using the W4S drivers or the Northstar ones? Your original comment about the "async_155r5" suggests the latter. Try the W4S drivers, those don't emit any crackling/static for me.

I'm using the Northstar ones. I actually didn't notice the reference to the W4S drivers. I think I'll continue with what I have for the moment and if the problem persists, I'll try the W4S. Or maybe M2Tech will finally deliver. I assume I'd have to clear out the Northstar driver first, correct?

I'm using the Northstar ones. I actually didn't notice the reference to the W4S drivers. I think I'll continue with what I have for the moment and if the problem persists, I'll try the W4S. Or maybe M2Tech will finally deliver. I assume I'd have to clear out the Northstar driver first, correct?

I used your advice to install a Northstar driver to enable my Off Ramp 5 but had dropouts. I then went to your page for uninstalling this driver and installing the W4S driver and modifying it at https://gist.github.com/huyhong/8323746 . I did as shown but now my Off Ramp is not seen. Here's what USB Prober shows:

screenshot .jpg

Any advice on this for me?

I used your advice to install a Northstar driver to enable my Off Ramp 5 but had dropouts. I then went to your page for uninstalling this driver and installing the W4S driver and modifying it at https://gist.github.com/huyhong/8323746 . I did as shown but now my Off Ramp is not seen. Here's what USB Prober shows:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11454[/ATTACH]

Any advice on this for me?

Try running this command after every reboot:

sudo kextload -b 'com.async.driver.async192

Some are having issues with the drivers not loading after reboots.

Try running this command after every reboot:

sudo kextload -b 'com.async.driver.async192

Some are having issues with the drivers not loading after reboots.

I'm afraid that had no effect. Still not seen by system. Can you tell from the previous attachment if I had somehow left remnants of a previous driver?

Also, in case M2tech ever actually releases the driver I need, I assume I'd have to get rid of any & all drivers I've tried to this point. True? And is there a recommendation for doing so?

I have been using the Northstar driver since early January with Amarra and OR5. I get the occassional drop out, maybe once every 30 minutes or so. If I listen for extended periods, I get the warble and have to exit Amarra to make it stop. Frustrating, but at least the workaround has my system running until a real solution is available.

Todd

2012 MBP (OSX 10.11 and Amarra Symphony w/IRC)-> Revelation Dual Conduit USB -> Berkeley Alpha USB -> Verastarr Silver Signature AES -> Devialet D250-> Siltech 550L -> KEF 104/2 (Steve Nugent Custom).

Power conditioning Audience Adept AR2p -> Verastarr Grand Illusion, Siltech Explorer 270p and Crystal Cable Standard Diamond

Analog: VPI Classic 3, Sumiko Pearwood Celebration ii, Siltech 770i RCA

I have been using the Northstar driver since early January with Amarra and OR5. I get the occassional drop out, maybe once every 30 minutes or so. If I listen for extended periods, I get the warble and have to exit Amarra to make it stop. Frustrating, but at least the workaround has my system running until a real solution is available.

Todd

I have a workaround in that I'm using an early 2008 Mac Pro to play my music, and it has 4 internal drives. I've been trying to get the Mavericks OS to work so I can enable Direct/Integer mode (and I believe some say Mavericks sounds better), but my fallback is to boot into Mountain Lion where the Off Ramp is recognized. I have a 3 TB internal drive which is my music storage. Down the line, I might get a Mini to replace the Mac Pro when more funds might be available.

The Northstar driver led to dropouts after 15-30 minutes. Never noticed any warble. I was using PM and lately got A+ on a trial basis. When A+ goes to version 2.0 I may buy. I really like what my Off Ramp does for my system, and I have a Shortblock on order. Did you find the Shortblock an improvement?

I really like what my Off Ramp does for my system, and I have a Shortblock on order. Did you find the Shortblock an improvement?

The SB has proven to be a huge improvement for me, mainly extending the soundstage of my system. I was using one with my original W4S DAC2 with great results. When I upgraded the DAC to the DAC2 DSDse, the SB didn't work it's magic (even though I had a custom +5 VDC umbilical to power the USB input). So I lived without the SB for awhile until I purchased a used OR5 that came with another SB. I didn't bother trying the OR5 without the SB, the combination sounded so good that I never felt the need to experiment. I did purchase the PS Audio HDMI-12 cable and that made another huge difference in the SQ when used with the OR5 and SB.

2012 MBP (OSX 10.11 and Amarra Symphony w/IRC)-> Revelation Dual Conduit USB -> Berkeley Alpha USB -> Verastarr Silver Signature AES -> Devialet D250-> Siltech 550L -> KEF 104/2 (Steve Nugent Custom).

Power conditioning Audience Adept AR2p -> Verastarr Grand Illusion, Siltech Explorer 270p and Crystal Cable Standard Diamond

Analog: VPI Classic 3, Sumiko Pearwood Celebration ii, Siltech 770i RCA

I am using the W4S driver, and it creates the warble sound after about 30 minutes. I think I am waiting until Hiface comes out with its own driver. In the meantime, I have switched in a different DAC - Peachtree Dac-it, which does not require a driver. There is no warble, no drop out, but it does not play 24-192.

Todd

I am using the W4S driver, and it creates the warble sound after about 30 minutes. I think I am waiting until Hiface comes out with its own driver. In the meantime, I have switched in a different DAC - Peachtree Dac-it, which does not require a driver. There is no warble, no drop out, but it does not play 24-192.

I would have thought that if a driver was going to work at all, it would basically work 100%. Shows what I know... I have the Peachtree iDac, FWIW, but fed by the Off Ramp 5.

I a have Minimax Dac Plus and the aforementioned driver in this thread for this DAC did a pretty good job in the beginning. But the last couple of weeks I'm experiencing a lot of crashes(for lack of better term). It's listed as 'Eeaudio USB 44.1Khz-192Khz' on my Mac, but it randomly dissappears or so it seems. Although I have a feeling the more workload (especially things browser related) on my Mac, the more likely a crash is to occur. Is there a way to see what's causing this, because this is tremendously annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Marco and his crap M2tech company can't produce a working driver for this!!!!!

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

I think Marco and his crap M2tech company can't produce a working driver for this!!!!!

He's even given up on replying to emails.

I can't decide what I want more at this point, i.e. a working driver from M2Tech or for his company to fail and simply disappear.

Ok I'll for now I'll give a slight edge to getting a working driver, but it's only slight edge, I'll certainly never knowingly buy another product from him.

Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Metrum Hex NOS DAC w/Upgraded USB Module-2, UpTone Regen Amber, Pass Labs INT-30A Amplifier, B&W 802 Diamond Speakers, Shotgun Bi-wire Kimber 4TC Cables. Headphone setup: Burson Soloist Amp, Audeze LCD-3 Headphones.

We are not the only ones who are tired of the efficiency of M2Tech

Metrum Acoustics lose patience with M2Tech, announce new USB | Digital Audio Review by John Darko

I WANT MY MONEY BACK !!!!!!

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

I’m a very frustrated Hex owner. This was an expensive DAC and I feel like Metrum has done very little in the way of staying in touch with their customers (ME) about how this problem was to be addressed. Now it looks like a fix is coming but only at a “special price”. I feel like I already paid a “special price” for a DAC that has not performed. Metrum’s choice of component partners should not be my problem.

I’m a very frustrated Hex owner. This was an expensive DAC and I feel like Metrum has done very little in the way of staying in touch with their customers (ME) about how this problem was to be addressed. Now it looks like a fix is coming but only at a “special price”. I feel like I already paid a “special price” for a DAC that has not performed. Metrum’s choice of component partners should not be my problem.

I'm in the same boat and pretty much feel the same way.

However, at this point I think the best we can hope for is a decent discount on an upgraded driverless USB interface. Hopefully it will also offer better performance than the original M2Tech interface; after all of this I'd like to think my Hex has been upgraded rather than just re-enabled.

Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Metrum Hex NOS DAC w/Upgraded USB Module-2, UpTone Regen Amber, Pass Labs INT-30A Amplifier, B&W 802 Diamond Speakers, Shotgun Bi-wire Kimber 4TC Cables. Headphone setup: Burson Soloist Amp, Audeze LCD-3 Headphones.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Marco has left us alone. My Evo is a piece of junk now.

Young owner here. I saw they update web page, now young/evo are "old" products. They remove work in progress message.

If they terminated support, they should announce it. This is unprofessional. They are such a cheapskates. I can not believe that paying someone or outsource to write drivers is so expensive.

A new Wyred4Sound Driver has been deployed named async_162_w4s.pkg_.zip (Size: 86.28 KB)

https://wyred4sound.com/sites/default/files/async_162_w4s.pkg_.zip

Huey we need your help please !!!!!!!!!! :)

Thanks

Huey last steps are good for this driver, i'm testing right now, great sound, i hope no more clicks this time.

Finally, this driver is working smoothly without clicks and sound fantastic.

Good thing there are still companies like Wyred4Sound that provide value and support to their products.

You hear me Marco!!!!!!!

Dammit. Tried following Huy’s recipe on Github to install the latest W4S driver but nothing shows up in the Audio MIDI Setup windows. Tried multiple reboots and running sudo kextload -b 'com.async.driver.async192', but to no avail. Help?