IGNORED

M2Tech HiFace Mavericks problem

nieldm

Hi Huy

Awesome job on this. My only issue seems to be that I have to run the last terminal step (the 'modify' bit) every time I restart or the device won't show (been installing a few bits of software so multiple restarts etc today). Any ideas (from a terminal numpty :))

Hi Huy

Awesome job on this. My only issue seems to be that I have to run the last terminal step (the 'modify' bit) every time I restart or the device won't show (been installing a few bits of software so multiple restarts etc today). Any ideas (from a terminal numpty :))

The "kextunload" and "kextload" commands just tell OSX to re-initialize the drivers, which normally happens during boot. Something is likely interfering, possibly permission issues or no device being found upon boot or random other issues that'd be a lot of work to troubleshoot.

I'd try clearing your kext caches:

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

sudo kextcache -system-caches

If that doesn't work, you can also try adding a launch daemon (see osx - How can I force a Mac OS X kext to load prior to login? - Super User), replacing "async192.kext" where appropriate. This will tell OSX to load the kext after boot.

Please speak for yourself in this regard.

I for one want an OEM driver delivered from M2Tech that doesn't require any manipulation or non-standard installation procedure to work properly.

Total and utter +1 on this. The last thing Manunta needs is an excuse to keep his head buried in the sand with his hands over his ears (however implausible that may sound). What Huy Hong has done is fantastic but is, in his words, a hack. It is not a substitute for a professionally developed driver.

Note I contrived not to mention Manunta and professional in one sentence; I strongly suspect we have heard the last of him. After all, the next version of OSX will be out soon......

"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions"

does not work

Is working again.

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

I just run huy steps and

This additional steps

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

sudo kextcache -system-caches

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

Is this 7-Mar release version still 1.0.59?

The driver says async_159r2_W4S.pkg the "old" says async_159_W4S.pkg

I did have a similar problem once when using Amarra - I had the HiFace 2 set for sound output in audio midi settings. Following the Amarra instructions, I set the audio midi output to computer (or anything other than the hiFace) and selected the HiFace in Amarras output settings. I have always done the same since with both Amarra and Audirvana. Sorry no help if your just using iTunes though.

i won't go on anymore as I don't want to hijack this thread - what I want is some drivers from M2Tech!

Another thanks to Huy for the workaround for the time being.

Thanks Huy, I've now been able to get this version to work as well. Just one question for the others who've been using this driver so far -- The original version that Huy was able to produce his work-around for had, as has been described on this forum, a few cracks and pops at the beginning of songs. With this version, I am getting a continuous hiss out of one of my speakers (which periodically seems to go away for a while, then come back) -- has anyone else been having this issue?

Btw, I was already referencing this driver release when I put up the instructions on how to install. If you followed those instructions, including the download link, you should have the latest.

That's the exact reason why I asked. I was using the 159r2 when I got it the first time after reading your message.

Anyway the driver is fine so far and besides the trouble it takes to do installation, it is near perfect to me. Hopefully I can sit back and forget about all the Mr. M issue until Apple gives us another OS X that breaks everything - again hopefully by then I should have upgraded my 840C to a driverless DAC. :P

Thanks Huy again for all the effort to ease our installation! You are great, man!

HiFace Two does not work with the Mavericks. I followed the directions of the excellent Hong Huy, but while the hiFace Two works not. It should work without drivers but it does not. Disappointed.

I experience the same problem with the Hiface TWO on Mavericks with a MacBook Air , late 2013 I just both this one from m2tech i hope that it will work in Mavericks, Itunes does not play at all, and Audirvana plays 3 or 4 seconds then stops playing. I installed in Bootcamp Windows 7 ... and the same problem i have also on 7. I tried with foobar2000 , kernel streaming , wassapi, direct sound. Hiface One works very good in windows 7 and also in Mountain Lion. I used my father 5 years old Toshiba laptop , and on Windows 7 , Hiface One and Hiface Two works good.....so i am thinking that my macbook air is not correctly use the usb 3.0 ports. For me it sound more like a hardware problem, an incompatibility between the chip in Hiface Two and USB 3.0 on mac. Pls ....any idea?? How can i solv this problem?? I am very close to sell all apple products and by an Acer Laptop. Pls Help. Thanks!